PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

anyone interested in the Visual side of Music -the ole album/CD covers.... updated for today should check this out!
(Exert from Billboard excerted items/article in the Peeling of Dollar Bills section)

-------------------------------Excerpt-------------------------------

Bono also has been brooding for several years on the challenge of rejuvenating his chosen art form, the album, and locates much of the problem in the loss of the marriage of "listening and looking" that the vinyl LP once provided. He talked with tech companies, including BlackBerry, and worked with U2's photographer (and now feature film director) Anton Corbijn to produce "Linear," a dialogue-free, black-and-white road movie whose soundtrack was an alternative, prerelease version of No Line on the Horizon.

The secret, he believes, is to put display technology at the service of the musical experience. "It's album artwork. Not videos, because videos demand your attention. You need to think it's supposed to be on in the background when you listen to the music-a much more ambient experience. People could watch while listening-the way we used to when you'd open up, say, the Clash's Sandinista! and get lost in the lyrics. 'Where are they? Where's Nicaragua?'

"This format is coming-the relaunching of album artwork. A plasma screen, poof! Your phone, boom! While you're listening. Because music used to be an immersive medium, not just sonically, it was always the visuals, too. Elvis is an audiovisual phenomenon. The Beatles were audiovisual. It's harder and harder to get people to pay for an MP3 file, but it will be easier when you're getting something much more interactive."

found this on net, have to share it :love:

LDYjr1U.jpg

Thanks Dazz. I've had the idea for awhile now, but never had both the time to get it done and the money to pay for it all at once. (Something about raising kids leaves you broke, I tell ya! ;) ) Now that I've done it, I can't wait to show it off when I see the guys on tour! :love:

aaawwwww :( :hug:

last snow was ? tues but got later rained out,
But we got ples all aroind esp anything that isn't midtown/lower Mahattan busness/commercial areas, same dow town Brooklyn i'd guess (lived there, too), and prob parts of the Bronx

but we ( in this part of bronx) finally getting somewhat rained away (yesterday) yay! At last! :hyper:

we had near or above 50 past 2 days:love:
weekend back into 40's, then 35 ish Mon

but damn better than all that 15 - 25F :madspit:
they said we might some much colder....HOPEFULLY not for long! :no:

Yeah Lil'CK was off school AGAIN on Tues bc of all the snow (6th snow day already this year....it's insane! They've also had a bunch of delayed starts bc of cold/ice...)

I'm hoping that it gets a little nicer in March...this winter has been absolutely CRAZY.

Now to try and stay up for Timberlake's full hour of Fallon. :sexywink:

So you guys are still having snow? :hmm: Huh.

:wink:

Just kidding. :hug: I hope you get some warmer weather soon!

CK cool on your new tattoo. U2 tattoos! :up:

i have 2 :shifty: (u2 related) (and a bunch of others)

Grace :wave: from the last thread, long time no see. So you disappeared to Tumblr, eh? You know I started following a certain one of your blogs right about when you abandoned it. :eyebrow: :lol: But I get it, your fandom wandered and took you elsewhere. It happens! (oh and I don't follow people who post HS pics either... :wink: but probably for a different reason.)

I hope you guys don't mind if I post some pics from the 360 Tour. I was talking to jeevey about the super hot, muggy night in NYC, when Bono was having a hard time with the heat. I told her I'd post some pics. :D

That was when we met for dinner the night i saw Spider-man, Dazz. :wave:

I hope you guys don't mind if I post some pics from the 360 Tour. I was talking to jeevey about the super hot, muggy night in NYC, when Bono was having a hard time with the heat. I told her I'd post some pics. :D

That was when we met for dinner the night i saw Spider-man, Dazz. :wave:

good times! :happy: :wave:

oh yeah... the show at Giants Stadium (me & my sis) B did get a bit fazed w the HUMID Heat ( bleh) dumped a whole bottle of water over himself at one point

"...in New York Summers can get hot... well into the hundreds..."

oh please go ahead and post away

Back
Top Bottom