PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are for jeevey and CK. Adam got hot too and decided shirts were optional...

NY7-20-2011cpenyak28-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak26-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak25-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak15-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak30-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak32-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak31-1.jpg~original

this one because it cracks me up for some reason
NY7-20-2011cpenyak29-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak35.jpg~original

This is the one I've been looking for... jeevey, he was mid-song here, though i don't remember which song anymore, and he suddenly just stopped and doubled over. His face looked really pained, and a few assistants ran onto the stage and huddled around him for a while before going off stage with him for a bit.

NY7-20-2011cpenyak40.jpg~original

He actually left the stage a few times, once while trying to introduce a song, and Edge had to take over.

One of my best moments of the night. Bono and Edge coming together from opposite sides on the catwalk and stopping in front of me and singing the Mysterious Ways chorus right in front of my face. :drool:

NY7-20-2011cpenyak6-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak5-1.jpg~original

really nice photos of all the guys, comet

And that one of B & E---- :hyper: i have a very similar one but not
as well lit and because i wasv in 2nd row of outer rail the 2 big people in front of me :angry: often blocked my view :sad:
suddenlt between their shoulders B & E appeared right in front of them/me as well.buit it was so sudden i couldn't see them approaching i got a bit blurry pics :sigh: but aleast got something

dallas photo and look who shows up :D hi GG:wave:

COMET ... i usecalot of continous mode shooting when i knew i had clear (mostly) lines of sight. still some were blurry and it would blurry, blurry, blurry, blurry, BAMN crystal clear, blurry, blurry etc :| :lol:
sometimes i took single shots as well

Oh hee :giggle: At least you got one clear one!

I've never tried that continuous mode setting. I have a fear of just TOO many decisions to make on which pics I like. it's bad enough for me to go through just the singles I take!

Oh hee :giggle: At least you got one clear one!

I've never tried that continuous mode setting. I have a fear of just TOO many decisions to make on which pics I like. it's bad enough for me to go through just the singles I take!

sometimes i did get a few clear oones in a row

problem in '11 was being in 2nd row for 2/3rds of show.... ducking and dodging trying get photos
once i ot up to front row outer rail was much better!
BUT by that time they didn't really swing around the walkway much more

going through all those photos was ajoy for me ... i've still kept some blurry one b/c of the lighting./ expression/action etc

DON T FORGET the these 2 shows the 2 GA 09, '11 vs the othewr 2 of 360 were i was back further w my sister....

these WERE the FIRST times i was really closwe to them when they passed by plus having a zoom 09 and a better zoom on '11.
so these were my real first opportunities! :love:

One of my best moments of the night. Bono and Edge coming together from opposite sides on the catwalk and stopping in front of me and singing the Mysterious Ways chorus right in front of my face. :drool:

NY7-20-2011cpenyak6-1.jpg~original

NY7-20-2011cpenyak5-1.jpg~original

This was pretty much one of my fave moments of every night. Just Edge and Bono going down the catwalk . Meeting eachother halfway. Dancing like no one is watching (just 60000 +ish people every night) and singing their heart out thogether. Adam all smiles and funky too. And Lars being stuk behind his drumkit. BUT giving us our much appreciated funky beat.

I do envy you a bit for being right up there !! Its that I know what you have to go trough :wink: for it. Ticketstress , ga runs etc. So ya damn right deserved it.

I never really got the exact spot I wanted. There always where either so brazzillians or other dutch people like a day before who snagged up those railpots front and center on every date I went to. And it was my first time following U2 so I was still searching my limits. GA wise.
Either way I think we had inner rail and outer rail spot on two nights and got some cute pics.Not nearly as good as everyone here due to my crappy camera. But I've learned my lesson.

I have an awesome vamera now and I've made friend with my enemies who snagged up those spots last tour. Hehehee.

sometimes i did get a few clear oones in a row

problem in '11 was being in 2nd row for 2/3rds of show.... ducking and dodging trying get photos
once i ot up to front row outer rail was much better!
BUT by that time they didn't really swing around the walkway much more

going through all those photos was ajoy for me ... i've still kept some blurry one b/c of the lighting./ expression/action etc

DON T FORGET the these 2 shows the 2 GA 09, '11 vs the othewr 2 of 360 were i was back further w my sister....

these WERE the FIRST times i was really closwe to them when they passed by plus having a zoom 09 and a better zoom on '11.
so these were my real first opportunities! :love:

It's amazing right? Those first few times will.be the most magical ever I think.
And especcially if you already into photographing stuff or people. It feels pretty good when you shot a great pic of the musicians you admire.

Lot of people complain about staring to much at their camera and not remembering a thing. Like it being a distraction. But I couldnt image not trying to snap a great pic.

Best feeling in the world :D seeing your fave band and doing your hobby at the same time.

mine was Crazy Tonight -> Discotheque in Helsinki, also the mixtape error on first night on Crazy when Larry bursted to laughter, also some ass slapping happened :lol:

I noticed that stare. :ohmy:

Those Bono photos... It's probably not right that a man suffering heat stroke looks sexy to me, but damn.

I noticed that stare. :ohmy:

Those Bono photos... It's probably not right that a man suffering heat stroke looks sexy to me, but damn.

It's ok. You aren't the only one... :shifty:

By the way I meant to say thanks for posting that Brian Williams video. Awesome. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom