PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably in the 45 minute range. If you poke the middle gently it should have a slightly springy feel, not a liquid slosh under the dry top layer. I don't remember if a knife inserted in the center comes out clean or not, but it should def not come out with a milky glaze.

Also, totally butting in, but just go for it to have a PLEBA Oscar thread. There will probably be one in the movies/tv part of the forum, but no one will care if there are two. I'll likely play in both. ;)

Might as well have one here so we can post pics as they come in. :yes:

And yeah, I might wander to the movies/tv thread as well. And I should be online if we decide to do a chat elsewhere, since the only reason we're even watching is for U2. :reject:

Cookery is full of these. Poke it gently to see if it has a slightly springy feel? Girl, please.

Thanks, jeevey!

I love watching the Oscars. Would watch with or without U2*. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, what can I say?

*I'm here all week ... try the lamb! Tip your server!

:lol: jeevy

I'll be dropping in here ( long as I have a net connection )
but no extra chat for me

oh some years I watch if at least one of my Fav movie(s) is up for something. And I alway love looking at the gowns and jewelry - Red Carpet time!

Broadcast starts 8:30 EST. I'm often doing bedtime stories at that time but I'll start a pleba thread beforehand. If anyone wants a g chat I'm jeeveyjakes@gmail.com, and I can keep adding people to the same thread, I think. Was not Bono's lunch interview yesterday the cutest thing he's done in a long time?

RE Comet's post in the Misc. thread:

popmaxstudiobono.jpg~original

Mm, does anybody else recognize these hands? :shifty:

A certain writer really, really did her research. I had no idea.

:ohmy: ouch, dmk

you still have fingers to type with i see :wink:

:hug:
what went wrong-o?!? :huh:

Theres this place called Tongariro National park. Its beautifil there. We did a hike called the Tongariro Crossing which is a full day hike across a volcano. 14k ish.
We saw and did 2/3rd of the crossing untill my friend slipped while descending from the big craters.

She fell and broke her wrist by landing it on a big ass rock. If youve seen harry potter after his quidditch match in the chamber of secrets movie.
Youd know how her hand was looking after that. S shaped really.

We still had 5 k to do . But moving ..let alone decsending from a mountain wouldnt be very wise. So we had to call for help. It was easy to see it was badly broken.
Ofcourse we were in the middle of fucking nowhere. Apart fro other hikers theres nothing in the area but tiny villages... a helicopter had to pick her up.

So she wanted me to go with her . Which i did obviously. I was so glad I packed painkillere and a bandana which I used to make a makeshift sling. . In the meanwhile 2 lovely hikers kept us company and helped to call the medics.
One was from Dublin ironicaly. And one from Hamilton NZ.

The heli arrived after 20-30 minutes ish. Which was bloody quick for how far we where.
Ofcourse it took ages for my poor friend. But she was super though and sucked it up so well.

Now this is where the real adventure starts. Where in that helicopter and after filling in all the paperwork (twice, due to adrenaline rush I filled it in wrong the first time)
I'm starting to realise that our money, passports , car... are all south.
And the helicopter was taking us up north. Very faaaaaaar north. Up to Rotorua.

I enjoyed the scenery and all but I realised we wouldnt get a helicopter ride back.
So there we where a couple of hours later .. I think 7-8 o clock in the evening. My friends bones where pulled into the right position by 3 nurses. The hospital staff where amazing.
True professionals. I have so much respect for them and my buddy for just going ahead with it. And getting the job done so quickly.

I called the hostel we previously stayed at in Rotorua. Explained the situation. And they still had our credit card information. So I would be able to actually pay them.
Even thouh we didnt have anything one us. But he basically told us to feck off.
Some hostel owners are absolute scum on earth. This was one of them.

So I tried several others but no luck. The nurses and security staff where so sorry for us,
They hooked us up with ; food for at least 2 days, a room w bathroom n kitchen. Right next to the hospital. Now if youve ever been in a nasty position like this.you know : That kind of stuff makes you wanna cry. They couldve just ditched us on the street affer helping us out the first time but they helped us out for a second time with a place to sleep and food.

Then the next day , after getting some rest and plenty of painkillers. they even helped us out a 3rd time by hooking us up with a ride back south. (8 hr drive to where our stuff was. ) We got a ride in an ambulance , which had to be transported to Taupo. Which is halfway down on our route.omg ... Angels I tell you.

From there we had to hitchhike further south. About 3 more hlurs driving.
We got there with the help of 2 rides. At about 4 o clock in the afternoon.
Nothing feels better than arriving at the place where you should be.
I think we ate and fell asleep istantly.

Next problem : stuck with a rental car and a driver with a broken wrist.
I dont drive yet so I wasnt able to drive us back to Taupo.
We just figured out that we where too tired to worry about it and maybe ask the hostel owner to help us out (looking forward to it :huh: already..)

Then just when we where about to get to sleep again this guy came up to us.
And said he heard about us and he needed to go to taupo. He had a drivers licence and was even offering us money for getting a ride.

I told bim be got the job and that we would be paying him instead.
Anyway he ditched us off in taupo and even delivered our rental car back to where it had to be dropped.
Again .. Everyone not owning a hostel is so friendly and awesome here..I love this place so much.

We are now continuing our journey by bus. And actually where back in Auckland right now.
Got to see a rugby match, had dinner with one of the people who helped us in Hamilton.
Gave him a token of thanks in return.

Bought last minute 3rd row bruce springsteen seats. Enjoyed a nice gig as a closer of our journey. Trying to go to one tree hill today as its the last thing on my to do list . And then its time for a shitty air china flight.huzzah.

Sorry for the typoz.:reject:

sending Ads over with handcuffs and a spanky paddle ? :lol:

:wink:

Oh yes please! :drool: :shifty:

Broadcast starts 8:30 EST. I'm often doing bedtime stories at that time but I'll start a pleba thread beforehand. If anyone wants a g chat I'm jeeveyjakes@gmail.com, and I can keep adding people to the same thread, I think. Was not Bono's lunch interview yesterday the cutest thing he's done in a long time?

I'm aj.clayton1@gmail.com so feel free to add me! :wave:

I'll be doing bedtime as well but I'm used to juggling!

Not sure, but they look rather... edgey to me.

Yep, those knuckles are unmistakable, not to mention the pinstriped trousers. For a while now chork and I have had an ongoing game called Unintentional Plot Bunny of the Day. Now I think I have to add a feature called Fic Reference of the Day.

Theres this place called Tongariro National park. Its beautifil there. We did a hike called the Tongariro Crossing which is a full day hike across a volcano. 14k ish.
We saw and did 2/3rd of the crossing untill my friend slipped while descending from the big craters.

She fell and broke her wrist by landing it on a big ass rock. If youve seen harry potter after his quidditch match in the chamber of secrets movie.
Youd know how her hand was looking after that. S shaped really.

We still had 5 k to do . But moving ..let alone decsending from a mountain wouldnt be very wise. So we had to call for help. It was easy to see it was badly broken.
Ofcourse we were in the middle of fucking nowhere. Apart fro other hikers theres nothing in the area but tiny villages... a helicopter had to pick her up.

So she wanted me to go with her . Which i did obviously. I was so glad I packed painkillere and a bandana which I used to make a makeshift sling. . In the meanwhile 2 lovely hikers kept us company and helped to call the medics.
One was from Dublin ironicaly. And one from Hamilton NZ.

The heli arrived after 20-30 minutes ish. Which was bloody quick for how far we where.
Ofcourse it took ages for my poor friend. But she was super though and sucked it up so well.

Now this is where the real adventure starts. Where in that helicopter and after filling in all the paperwork (twice, due to adrenaline rush I filled it in wrong the first time)
I'm starting to realise that our money, passports , car... are all south.
And the helicopter was taking us up north. Very faaaaaaar north. Up to Rotorua.

I enjoyed the scenery and all but I realised we wouldnt get a helicopter ride back.
So there we where a couple of hours later .. I think 7-8 o clock in the evening. My friends bones where pulled into the right position by 3 nurses. The hospital staff where amazing.
True professionals. I have so much respect for them and my buddy for just going ahead with it. And getting the job done so quickly.

I called the hostel we previously stayed at in Rotorua. Explained the situation. And they still had our credit card information. So I would be able to actually pay them.
Even thouh we didnt have anything one us. But he basically told us to feck off.
Some hostel owners are absolute scum on earth. This was one of them.

So I tried several others but no luck. The nurses and security staff where so sorry for us,
They hooked us up with ; food for at least 2 days, a room w bathroom n kitchen. Right next to the hospital. Now if youve ever been in a nasty position like this.you know : That kind of stuff makes you wanna cry. They couldve just ditched us on the street affer helping us out the first time but they helped us out for a second time with a place to sleep and food.

Then the next day , after getting some rest and plenty of painkillers. they even helped us out a 3rd time by hooking us up with a ride back south. (8 hr drive to where our stuff was. ) We got a ride in an ambulance , which had to be transported to Taupo. Which is halfway down on our route.omg ... Angels I tell you.

From there we had to hitchhike further south. About 3 more hlurs driving.
We got there with the help of 2 rides. At about 4 o clock in the afternoon.
Nothing feels better than arriving at the place where you should be.
I think we ate and fell asleep istantly.

Next problem : stuck with a rental car and a driver with a broken wrist.
I dont drive yet so I wasnt able to drive us back to Taupo.
We just figured out that we where too tired to worry about it and maybe ask the hostel owner to help us out (looking forward to it :huh: already..)

Then just when we where about to get to sleep again this guy came up to us.
And said he heard about us and he needed to go to taupo. He had a drivers licence and was even offering us money for getting a ride.

I told bim be got the job and that we would be paying him instead.
Anyway he ditched us off in taupo and even delivered our rental car back to where it had to be dropped.
Again .. Everyone not owning a hostel is so friendly and awesome here..I love this place so much.

We are now continuing our journey by bus. And actually where back in Auckland right now.
Got to see a rugby match, had dinner with one of the people who helped us in Hamilton.
Gave him a token of thanks in return.

Bought last minute 3rd row bruce springsteen seats. Enjoyed a nice gig as a closer of our journey. Trying to go to one tree hill today as its the last thing on my to do list . And then its time for a shitty air china flight.huzzah.

Sorry for the typoz.:reject:

Oh i am in the running for typoz queen so...... no prob!

Woah what set of scenarios!!!

wow your poor friend! The wirst is such a little puzzle part of bones! Tell her as long as she does exercises at least 90 - 95+% of the time she'll recover very well( have had 2 serious injuries needed rehab/exercise) Oh, man, slipping/falling down a crater! thank goodness for the painkillers and bandana!

Yeah that heli sounded like it made very good time. Yay for kindness of the nurses and security people! and :madspit: to the scummy hostel owner!
you & friend north with everythinmg else south :ohmy:
thank goodness for the abulance heading south, some kind drivers for ride-hitching!

Ha glad you got some rugby in , and a Bruce/E St concert woot! 3rd row :drool:
Good on you for treating one of your helpers todin. :)

When you are all settled back in. Looking foward to seeing some gorgeous scenery photos.

I think I have a vauge idea about that volcano park. I was looking at NZ map some years back. Am fascinated/ (and respectful) of volcanoes from a young age.

And apart from LT n JT ,AB tour , Edge is an expert when it comes to shaving. He def. Was the chosen one to do the buzzcut.

Dazz, youd have loved it. Wish you would been there :cute: All n all we cant complain. We are safe and sound amd we could continue fairly simple. Still.did awesome things. And yes , I cant wait to get all of my hpotos and videos sorted out. I will remember to share some with you. :hug:

Glad I'm flying home and picking up normal life and job again . Tomorrow will be flight day

Back
Top Bottom