PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure. I'll have to dig back in my archive, because it's been a long time since I worked in a soul food restaurant and made white chocolate and croissant bread pudding with bourbon sauce every week. It sound like it should go well with the Edge, no? Kind of like black coffee.

Sure. I'll have to dig back in my archive, because it's been a long time since I worked in a soul food restaurant and made white chocolate and croissant bread pudding with bourbon sauce every week. It sound like it should go well with the Edge, no? Kind of like black coffee.

Croissant bread pudding? Bourbon sauce? :drool:

Sounds like the sort of thing one Adam Clayton might bring you when serving breakfast-in-bed. :shifty:

safe_image.php

They're here! They've arrived for the Oscars!
https://mobile.twitter.com/OnTheRed...4499659776/photo/1?screen_name=OnTheRedCarpet
:hyper:

Here it is, ladies and gentleman. White chocolate bread pudding and bourbon sauce.

5 croissants, torn in pieces
1 pint cream
1 pint milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup dried sweetened cranberries.

mix all these things in a large bowl.

Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in 1/2 cup cream and add to the previous, mix well and bake in a well greased cake pan at 350 degrees until set.

For the bourbon sauce:

Melt 1 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a thick bottomed pan. Cook until it stops looking foamy and has a slightly shiny, opaque appearance. Add in 1/4 cup of bourbon (it will sizzle and foam quite startlingly; stir vigorously as you pour in), top of with 1/2 cup cream, warm though and remove from heat.

Yes, the extravagance of this recipe is over the top. All I have to say is, do not cut corners and try to reduce the fat. Just go with it. Also that as much as I love chocolate, replacing the white chocolate with dark is not an improvement at all. Dried cherries will do, but my favorite substitution was cream of cocoanut (the sweet stuff you use for pina coladas) and crushed pineapple, for which I have no amounts because we were always making like 6 times this amount. And yes, drink with very dark coffee. :shifty:

There should be a PLEBA thread for sure, but those of us who want to can always come up with another place to chat that won't offend anyone. :hmm:

And holy decadence Batman. I am so adding that to my list of recipes to try out this year!

And I need to find that fic. For some reason I dont have it bookmarked. Shame on me. I'm a naughty fangirl and deserved to be punished. :shifty:

Jeevey, "bake until set" - can you estimate how long it should bake? I don't do well with guessing when it comes to cooking or baking. :reject:

Also, totally butting in, but just go for it to have a PLEBA Oscar thread. There will probably be one in the movies/tv part of the forum, but no one will care if there are two. I'll likely play in both. ;)

Back
Top Bottom