PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little Old School lesson via the "Album 13: Are We Gonna Waity Forever" thread (and adding my reply here) is just the kind of stuff (and even more so) that Our Founders Bri & Dis came up with - which was called 'hijacking the thread' that eventually led them to create the PGP Thread -where plebans go extra wild -n the first place!

:wink:

The perfect coup right now as far as momentum goes would be for Oseary to release all of the sex tapes that McGuinness had buried underneath Principle.
:lmao:

I thought all of that was stashed in Larry's basement. Not buried under Principle. :shh:

:lol:

:hyper:
as long as McG isn't in them! :no:
waiting for the AB era ones!!! :drool:

Originally Posted by chork
The perfect coup right now as far as momentum goes would be for Oseary to release all of the sex tapes that McGuinness had buried underneath Principle.

Uh, where the hell did this come from? I missed the debut appearance of that one!

I hear things used to be rather wild around here. Funny how mods + culture have effectively shut up and pushed underground a subculture that used to thrive here!

I hear things used to be rather wild around here. Funny how mods + culture have effectively shut up and pushed underground a subculture that used to thrive here!
well, from what I have excperienced.....

Before ?2002 or so it got quite wild at times. I lurked here and there while being more on @U2. They slowed down after a while (still a real good site). I wanted more immersion so I saw this site was still around, and often way more active so I delurked in late 2003.

Somewhere between ? late 01, 02, early 03 the riot act was read. So things quieted down. As I said Bri & Dis arrived and eventually found each other at some point. They started being rambunctious on other threads till eventually PGP was created. It was bri, dis, then Wild & VP, Sad Girl a few others and then I dropped in about 1 1/2 months after this started up. Various newer people joined in between 04 (Bomb tour), and 09 when the 360 tour started up. We still had some people join in during that whole period in a few at a time.
while not quite as rowdy as pre-'00/'01 we got pretty ribald & risque at times. Many jokes were made about how far over the line people had gone. I think for the most part as long as we stayed here with that kind of stuff it was tolerarted. :)
Then a year or 2 after the finish of the 360 tour people drifted of- life issues good & bad, other interests, the lure of fb, etc
In fact :lol: when i saw who ever just reccently used the phrase... thigh-stroking... :uhoh: :lol: i almost was waiting for the hammer to fall b/c it's been on the innocuous side for much of the time after a bunch of people drifted away.
:sigh:

and pretty much there you have it :)

at least by my account

That was me with the thigh stroking.
I also sneaked in a bit in a totally mundane thread thread describing Bono as 'stroking' the audience when he wants them to, um...
get up.
I always like to push things a wee bit. Almost got my ass kicked off the children's floor of the library today. :D

:ohmy: oh dear who did that happened?@ (library)

as for the other item

i think you would have been a full card-carrying PGP'r back in the day.... which maybe us somwhat rambunctious gals will bring back the sandbox:shifty::shifty: to play in
mmmmmmwwwwaahahahahahahahaHAHAHA :macdevil:
:huh:

:lol:

:ohmy: oh dear who did that happened?@ (library)

On Tuesdays I have a homeschooling cooperative with a bunch of other families. Usually most of the others go hang out at the park or wherever after but I'm usually beat and run my kids straight home to bed. But today we went and I got to hang out with the ladies. Apparently you aren't supposed to talk about the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory on the children's floor?

It's true that I'm the worst influence in the world for children so far as potty mouth goes. Sometimes I think I should clean it up but I truly take a lot of joy in my sailor talk and general envelope-pushing.

:lol: CK

interestingm jvy! but what IS the G I F T ?

when my si's friends starting having kids and we'd be walking around out in public ( me and her not her friends) and I'd curse...she be like don't do that! Kids can hearf.

I was like oh....come ON :rolleyes:

I have been in places where people had no idea I often cursed and one day something caught me so unawares I cussed. and they were like GASP :ohmy: :lol:

Basically it's the idea that the anonymity of the internet removes the inhibition of social shame, allowing people to be much, much greater assholes online than they would be in real life. Ergo reddit threads for creepshots of underage girls, youtube comments, twitter rape-threat spams and ETYIW fistfights.

There are perfectly fine reasons why this board has gotten behaviour rules, and if you are looking to break them I suggest you seek to do that elsewhere. I have no desire to get the PGP banned again or threatened to.

I remember the photos we had under the cut were risque....

I guess since it was under a cut, it was okay. I guess we need to be mindful that not just over 21 come around here.

That must be the mom in me talking

Sorry, you wonderful nutjobs.

Been so farking busy lately!

I do suppose there may be somewhere else we could go to when the muse calls so as not to offend the sensitive among us...:hmm:

What time shall we meet? :D

Basically it's the idea that the anonymity of the internet removes the inhibition of social shame, allowing people to be much, much greater assholes online than they would be in real life. Ergo reddit threads for creepshots of underage girls, youtube comments, twitter rape-threat spams and ETYIW fistfights.

Why oh why was EYKIW my first thought? :lol::lol:

Sorry, you wonderful nutjobs.

Been so farking busy lately!

I do suppose there may be somewhere else we could go to when the muse calls so as not to offend the sensitive among us...:hmm:

What time shall we meet? :D

I'm all for meeting via Yahoo or AIM. :lol:

...... :shifty:

The train, baby. We meet on the train.

I'm all for idea of a live chat though, maybe on the night of the oscars? It could be as simple of fb friending each other or picking an email service. I have both yahoo and gmail, though I've never done yahoo chat. I usually use FB or Gmail but I'm open for anything.

Back
Top Bottom