PGP: You can just keep your bloody tumbleweeds!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, one thing did. The thing that started this whole miserable chain of events nearly two weeks ago is that I lost my set of keys (and probably worse, the only working remote keyless entry thing for my car), but I found them a couple of days ago. :relief:

Hooray! Did you just not drive for two weeks???

Hooray! Did you just not drive for two weeks???

Crap, I was still posting in the other thread. :reject:

No, I have an extra key on a remote that doesn't work, but my key has been sticking in the ignition lately, and for some weird reason that I can't figure out, it was really hard to lock the car manually. :huh: But now I have my working remote back, so, yay!

oh heck I've done THAT often enough! :reject:

No, I have an extra key on a remote that doesn't work, but my key has been sticking in the ignition lately, and for some weird reason that I can't figure out, it was really hard to lock the car manually. :huh: But now I have my working remote back, so, yay!

which is why (and I NEED to aquire a can myslef) WD-40 should always be a house-hold item! :wink:

*phew* Funny how reliant we become on technology

thank goodness I have extra, extra $$ for tonight!

I almost always OVERSpend at the netcafe in the early part of the month! :madspit: (then I usually don't come back to the cafe until the nexyt month- just rely on my art stduy place in the afternoon/early eve {thank ***The :heart::heart::heart: Powers*** for that!}

ah...it's ok I don't always get to hang out with a bunch of you esp lately when things have been quieter. :grumpy:

:evil:
Just WAIT till Tour Time though!:hyper::drool::love::drool::lol:

oh thank goodness you finally found them, VP!

Oh no a stubborn mom patient!!!:yikes::yikes:

I hope you & your bro can get her to do what she needs to.

can you try the "granddaughter" angle?
is sarah close to her?

I'm not sure if you ever went through this with your parents, but you know how older people get really bizarre ideas in their head, and it's nearly impossible to convince them otherwise? My dad was on a very low dosage pill for diabetes when he died, and even though he had a heart attack, she's convinced that it was the pills that killed him. :huh: Also, she knows very, very little about nutrition, how to read food packaging, etc, so that part's going to be hellish. I would imagine that either I'm going to be shopping for her for a while, or I'll at least be right beside her, monitoring what she puts into her shopping cart. I hate that, it sort of puts me in the position of being the mean person who takes away some of her limited indulgences, sort of treating her like a child, and I hate the thought of that, you know? :sigh: [/vent]

My brother's useless. My sister may be of some help, but she's got her own issues right now, her RA has been really bad lately.

I'm just a ray of sunshine, aren't I? :wink:

I'm not sure if you ever went through this with your parents, but you know how older people get really bizarre ideas in their head, and it's nearly impossible to convince them otherwise? My dad was on a very low dosage pill for diabetes when he died, and even though he had a heart attack, she's convinced that it was the pills that killed him. :huh: Also, she knows very, very little about nutrition, how to read food packaging, etc, so that part's going to be hellish. I would imagine that either I'm going to be shopping for her for a while, or I'll at least be right beside her, monitoring what she puts into her shopping cart. I hate that, it sort of puts me in the position of being the mean person who takes away some of her limited indulgences, sort of treating her like a child, and I hate the thought of that, you know? :sigh: [/vent]

My brother's useless. My sister may be of some help, but she's got her own issues right now, her RA has been really bad lately.

Don't worry about it! We all need to vent now and then. Too bad your brother's useless. My biggest fear is that, when it comes our time to deal with this sort of thing, my brothers will say that about me :no:

Don't worry about it! We all need to vent now and then. Too bad your brother's useless. My biggest fear is that, when it comes our time to deal with this sort of thing, my brothers will say that about me :no:

Awww, I'm sure they won't! We're a pretty close-knit family, but my brother has been on all our shit lists for the past six months or so... :angry:

*shakes fist at VP's brother*

Alright ladies, I'm gonna give Mr. Z some attention (he's been out of town this week) so I'm gonna call it a night.

If you watch that video^, don't don't DON'T read the comments - people on youtube are idiots!

G'NIGHT :hug:

:sigh:
oh..VP...NO FUN!!!:hug:

Tell your Mom that diabetes EFFECTS the blood Vessels AND the heart!

Our only younger cousin couldn't keep his weight down, had diabetes, and eventually died of a heart attack at? 40 ish? :(

well telling our Mom she should go into the near-by Nursing Home for leg/walking Rehab was a trip......
that mid year she had been swindled by someone coming to her door (got away w 400$ hidden b/c of how they set it up :madwife::madwife:) got caught in our neighborhoods ? 2 day Blackout in the 100F !// then a while after got Pneumonia!

all with in ? 3 months or less...our dad was in the same place (not the last one) for rehab for a year by then or so....
SO awhile after she came home...she started walking funny...her legs became weakish or unbalanced.....I had to semi-catch her and steer her to her bed.

So we had her Home Health Aide &me &my sis eventrually sit down and talk tyo her...

Ma...it's JUST for awhile. We PROMISE we/re NOT putting you in there fir good....

waht an experience!

aND THERE WAS THE TIME MOM DECIDED SHE WASN'T GOING TO TRY AND USE HER sorry caps---

her walker any more! (in the finaL nh SHE WAS IN, WHERE OUR DAD STILL IS)

darn caps my pinky slips.....[/:reject:
i get TOO tired to RETPE it unless it's a little or it's early in my Net session.

and always on stuff I'm intense about! :der:
she sat in the wheel chair and that was that!

you know where to FIND me --PM's-- to vent as you need to...
just remember that I'mnot around as much...so It might take a day or 2 to answer you. But I'll be a virtual shoulder for you as I can. :hug:

on hell......your bro.....maybe you'll have to put your foot down ...that is if his help is useful

??? sorry what's a RA...wait...? Remathoid arthristis?

oh thta's crap, too!

Ali, that must have been great to hear about your mom's immigration status helping your own!
It was, thanks! :D

And sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis, and the crappy week in general... :hug:
I was trying to catch up quickly after being summoned out to put the hard rubbish out for collection... did you say what sort of diabetes it is?
A friend of mine is diabetic, he just has to jab himself with insulin before meals and not eat too much sugar... hopefully your mum will adapt okay :hug:

Alright ladies, I'm gonna give Mr. Z some attention (he's been out of town this week) so I'm gonna call it a night.
Seeya Z! :wave:

Where have Wild and Jem been lately? :( And I hope Weldy's doing okay. :hug:

The last I heard, Bonnie was keeping Wild busy... and Jem's been pretty busy too, I think... something about driving lessons?

Can't remember :reject:

Weldy's been around a fair bit... I hope she's okay too :hug:

:sigh:
oh..VP...NO FUN!!!:hug:

Tell your Mom that diabetes EFFECTS the blood Vessels AND the heart!

Our only younger cousin couldn't keep his weight down, had diabetes, and eventually died of a heart attack at? 40 ish? :(

well telling our Mom she should go into the near-by Nursing Home for leg/walking Rehab was a trip......
that mid year she had been swindled by someone coming to her door (got away w 400$ hidden b/c of how they set it up :madwife::madwife:) got caught in our neighborhoods ? 2 day Blackout in the 100F !// then a while after got Pneumonia!

all with in ? 3 months or less...our dad was in the same place (not the last one) for rehab for a year by then or so....
SO awhile after she came home...she started walking funny...her legs became weakish or unbalanced.....I had to semi-catch her and steer her to her bed.

So we had her Home Health Aide &me &my sis eventrually sit down and talk tyo her...

Ma...it's JUST for awhile. We PROMISE we/re NOT putting you in there fir good....

waht an experience!

you know where to FIND me --PM's-- to vent as you need to...
just remember that I'mnot around as much...so It might take a day or 2 to answer you. But I'll be a virtual shoulder for you as I can. :hug:

on hell......your bro.....maybe you'll have to put your foot down ...that is if his help is useful

??? sorry what's a RA...wait...? Remathoid arthristis?

oh thta's crap, too![/QUOTE]

Yeah, RA = rheumatoid arthritis, and she's going through a bad bout currently and for the next few months, till her old drugs leave her system, and she can get put on some new ones.

Yes, sometimes we have to just try our best to convince them, don't we?

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you updated. :hug:

It was, thanks! :D

And sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis, and the crappy week in general... :hug:
I was trying to catch up quickly after being summoned out to put the hard rubbish out for collection... did you say what sort of diabetes it is?
A friend of mine is diabetic, he just has to jab himself with insulin before meals and not eat too much sugar... hopefully your mum will adapt okay :hug:

Seeya Z! :wave:

I would assume type 2?? Not really even sure, it's happened very fast. She had no idea, her doctor tests her periodically along with other routine tests, and it was completely normal last Oct. She had bloodwork done before a dental procedure she was supposed to have on Wed. They called her Wed and told her not to come in, but to see her doctor instead. She went in and got retested on Thurs, we got the result Friday (the Dr's office was closed, his nurse called me from home), and now it's a long weekend here, and she won't be able to get in again till Tuesday.

Yes, sometimes we have to just try our best to convince them, don't we?

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you updated. :hug:

yup :sigh:
all you CAN do is your best, but that doesn't mean you might second guess yourself or feel guilty at times.

yes do up date as you can/need to.

Wild's has had some very cute Bonnie pics up here and there's some in the Dog thread too. :)

Sarah's home now, so I think I'm gonna talk to her for a few minutes and then go to bed. I have to be up early tomorrow to go to a bridal shower out of town. :crack:

Thanks for listening, ladies, talk to you all soon. :hug:

:yikes: Leaving your comfort zone, huh? :wink:

How's your mom doing?

Actually I'm just as comfortable knitting, though still not quite as fast ;)

Last time I talked to Mom was Thurs night and she was in good spirits since she'd had 3 good days in a row... Her first thing of chemo was the 17th, and she's having most of the not-fun side effects - no nausea, but it wreaks havoc on your taste buds so she doesn't feel like eating very much (since nothing tastes good), but she's eating because she can't lose weight while she's on chemo (she can gain up to 10 lbs, but she can't lose any - the dosage is tied to weight), she can't walk very far or very fast because most of her energy is sapped, so she's frustrated too since she can't do very much, and she's tired a lot since her sleeping's messed up too (they've given her stuff for it so she can at least stay asleep for more than 4 hrs). She still has 90% of her hair - there's not enough gone to really notice much so far, but she already has her wig (ash brown) and hats, since she's much more sun sensitive with the drugs. They've nicknamed her prostetic *snerk* - she was showing it to me along with the special bra (with a slot on either side to put a prostetic in, so it doesn't matter which side's missing) - the prostetic lasts for 2 years and the gov't pays for half, which is good.

She felt guilty last weekend while we were in Oakville because I'd got there Fri night and she and Megan were leaving Sat around noon... but she'd had it by that point, and she and Megan'd been there since Wed night (and she hadn't slept well that first night either, so it's a tribute to her stubbornness that they stayed till Sat).

I would assume type 2?? Not really even sure, it's happened very fast. She had no idea, her doctor tests her periodically along with other routine tests, and it was completely normal last Oct.

i don't think it can BE anything else but 2
1 as far as I know is the one that shows up early and ESP when you have are regular weight or underweight.

in the USA a lot more kids are now getting diabetes............because they are obese at really younger ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom