PGP: You can just keep your bloody tumbleweeds!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

***BIG HUGS***

to Molly & Ali!!!

:hug: Yeah Zu, it's been fun talking to you so much in the afternoons!:heart:

:wave:
Hey, sami.... ***GOOD LUCK*** in your new school year!

Sami-- I'm confused.....are your parents down in Florida, and you are up in LI?
Or are you more northward than the NYC area, and your folks are still in LI.

And.....More
{{Big Hugs}} ....to all of you arriving later! :wave: :D

Missed her again. Stoopid real life.

This is the last weekend of 'freedom'. The students return to class on Monday. Wish me luck! :hug:

Sami, have fun in your new place with your friends. What college/university do you go to?

I've been watching the Olympic opening ceremony for so long that my brain has melted and WHY does Australia have to be almost the last team out?! :crack:

Just waiting to see what sort of awful uniform they'll be in...

:hug:

Those 2,008 Chinese drummers :bonodrum: were amazing! And the fireworks, and the special effects! :ohmy: :cool:

The (very, very tape delayed) ceremony started an hour ago here in the U.S. I imagine it's going to go on for awhile ...

I'll bet Team USA (and its own terrible uniform) is out near the end of the ceremony too. I *think* the parade order depends on the host country's translation of each country's name, with Greece always first and the host country always last ... :nerd:

:wave:
Hey, sami.... ***GOOD LUCK*** in your new school year!

Sami-- I'm confused.....are your parents down in Florida, and you are up in LI?
Or are you more northward than the NYC area, and your folks are still in LI.

And.....More
{{Big Hugs}} ....to all of you arriving later! :wave: :D

I'm from LI but I moved to south florida a few years ago. I live in south florida and go to school in north florida, like 4 hours away. :)

oops, I said hi to Dazz then went and took a nap. Missed not only chatting with Dazz but 2 important phone calls which will not have to wait until after the weekend. :doh:

I love the Olympics but have never been a fan of the opening/closing ceremonies. That said, I am watching because that's all that's on right now anyway, and I want to see what team USA is wearing. I guess it's designed by Ralph Lauren?

I absolutely love the idea of the olympics (and hate that they let professional/paid athletes compete). I always get choked up at every win, every heartbreak, even the opening ceremonies. There's something very pure about the idea of the olympics, even it gets bastardized from time to time.

Big :hug: to everyone... Weldy and Molly and Drea and Zooey and Wild and VP and gluey and Jen and Cin and SG and Sami and Jem and Dazz and GGs 1 and 2 and Frankie and Serena and Jez and Thora and Bri and I know there's dozens of others that I can't remember right now cos it's nearly 1am and I was up early and I've been watching the Olympic opening ceremony for so long that my brain has melted and WHY does Australia have to be almost the last team out?! :crack:

:giggle: I did the "Aussie Aussie Aussie" and my friend Emily did the "Oy Oy Oy" when Australia came out while we were watching the rebroadcast tonight at Drunken Knitters ;) (Don't worry Gluey, I cheered for the Kiwis too *G*)

**To say we all cheered for Canada should go without saying :wink:

Molly :wave: Did you get up at 5am to cast on? ;)

I started my Afghan Marathon project on the way to work this morning, and I'm halfway done the third row... Started the first of my two Scarf Stroke projects on the way home from work and while I waited for my super to get home (I ended up going to Drunken Knitters without my apt key as I figured 40 mins was long enough to wait, and got it when I got home shortly before 11 tonight.. I can haz n00 fridg! ;))

Oh, forgot to give you guys an update on Mom yesterday!

She had her second dose of chemo yesterday, and according to the message Megan left me yesterday morning the bloodwork she had done on Wed was "perfect", and when the doctor asked her whether she'd had nausea after the first dose and she said she hadn't, he said that's what she should expect for rest, which is good :) There's still all the other not-fun stuff she was having, but at least she knows she won't have to worry about keeping what food she does eat down since she wasn't sick after the first one :) I expect I'll hear from them at some point over the weekend for an update *g*

Molly :wave: Did you get up at 5am to cast on? ;)

I started my Afghan Marathon project on the way to work this morning, and I'm halfway done the third row... Started the first of my two Scarf Stroke projects on the way home from work and while I waited for my super to get home (I ended up going to Drunken Knitters without my apt key as I figured 40 mins was long enough to wait, and got it when I got home shortly before 11 tonight.. I can haz n00 fridg! ;))

not only did I not get up at 5am, but I have yet to cast on :reject: I've been busy around the house all day, and keep thinking I'll get out my yarn and needles and cast on for my Lady Eleanor shawl, but here it is 9pm and I still haven't cast on. I'm a looooser. Cost myself a day, I guess that just makes it that much more of a challenge, right? Tomorrow I shall cast on!!!

Big :hug: to everyone... Weldy and Molly and Drea and Zooey and Wild and VP and gluey and Jen and Cin and SG and Sami and Jem and Dazz and GGs 1 and 2 and Frankie and Serena and Jez and Thora and Bri and I know there's dozens of others that I can't remember right now cos it's nearly 1am and I was up early and I've been watching the Olympic opening ceremony for so long that my brain has melted and WHY does Australia have to be almost the last team out?! :crack:

I just watched the Opening Ceremony....and I didn't think your team's outfit wasn't that bad...our team looks like they were ready for a polo and/or golf match! :lol:

She had her second dose of chemo yesterday, and according to the message Megan left me yesterday morning the bloodwork she had done on Wed was "perfect", and when the doctor asked her whether she'd had nausea after the first dose and she said she hadn't, he said that's what she should expect for rest, which is good :) There's still all the other not-fun stuff she was having, but at least she knows she won't have to worry about keeping what food she does eat down since she wasn't sick after the first one :) I expect I'll hear from them at some point over the weekend for an update *g*

Awesome news, Drea! :hug:

We are doing fine at the moment :D

:) :hug:

I'll bet Team USA (and its own terrible uniform) is out near the end of the ceremony too. I *think* the parade order depends on the host country's translation of each country's name, with Greece always first and the host country always last ... :nerd:
Yeah, I read in the paper today that that was how they did it. I was trying to remember whether Greece came out first or last for the Athens Games in 2004... I think they were first :wink:

This is the last weekend of 'freedom'. The students return to class on Monday. Wish me luck! :hug:
Good luck Zooey! :hug:

:giggle: I did the "Aussie Aussie Aussie" and my friend Emily did the "Oy Oy Oy" when Australia came out while we were watching the rebroadcast tonight at Drunken Knitters ;) (Don't worry Gluey, I cheered for the Kiwis too *G*)

**To say we all cheered for Canada should go without saying :wink:
:lol: Nice one!

I used to love that they only let amateur athletes compete, I wish it was still that way. I will enjoy watching, anyway.
I never knew it used to only be amateur athletes... when did that change?

I'm glad she's not getting the nausea... :hug: And yay for perfect bloodwork! Here's hoping everything goes well.

I just watched the Opening Ceremony....and I didn't think your team's outfit wasn't that bad...our team looks like they were ready for a polo and/or golf match! :lol:
:giggle:

Yeah, ours weren't too bad. Apparently they were all silver and shiny inside the blue, but I didn't really see that at the time.

Certainly was a specatular opening ceremony... I don't envy London having to follow that!

Someone in a newspaper here described the Canadian uniform as "the most outlandish"... *hides from the Canucks* :reject:

We are doing fine at the moment : D

That is great. make the whole process a bit easier for her. :hug:

Am i the only person who didn't watch the Olympic opening ceremony. :lol:

I'm waiting for the gas engineer AGAIN. I was meant to have first appointment again. :rolleyes::madwife: if they don't turn up again i'm gonna go mad. :angry: I feel really, really sick and have a headache and wanna go to bed, waiting is preventing me from doing this. :angry:

Sami that is awesome you're back at school and living with your friends, am sure you'll have the time of your life. :)

hope everyone is ok. :hug:

off to get some water. :kiss:

:giggle:

Yeah, ours weren't too bad. Apparently they were all silver and shiny inside the blue, but I didn't really see that at the time.

Certainly was a specatular opening ceremony... I don't envy London having to follow that!

Someone in a newspaper here described the Canadian uniform as "the most outlandish"... *hides from the Canucks* :reject:

:giggle: I don't know about "outlandish", but some of our group were making sailor jokes *snerk* They weren't atrociously bad, but... :shrug: They only had to wear them for the ceremony anyway ;)

I think in 1996 - wasn't that the first time the US "Dream Team" played in the Olympics?

Molly :wave: So far today I've finished a row on my Afghan Marathon project, added 6" to my scarf and at least one row to all of my WIPs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom