PGP: You can just keep your bloody tumbleweeds!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3223.jpg

there's them both!

Drea, I just heard about the massive explosion in TO. :yikes: Looks awful.

GG, I'm pretty well, thanks. :) I've had such a busy few weeks that I'm just taking a breather today, not doing much of anything yet. :drool:

The funny thing is, I didn't hear about it till this morning when my sister left a voicemail asking if I was alright - where the explosion happened is waaaay west and a bit northish of me, but all they were saying on the news at about 10am was that it was "north Toronto" and apparently mentioned something about Sheppard Ave and Bayview (which is where I am)... I think that's probably where the start of the 401 closure would've begun, since there's exits to both east and westbound 401 pretty much just outside the driveway into my apt building. Still the same part of the city - North York - but far enough away that it would likely take me 20 mins or more to get there driving under normal traffic conditions (if I had a car).

Haven't heard anything about any injuries, and given when I checked the Sympatico page while I was on the phone with Megan and that was 10:30ish and hours after the actual explosion happened, that's a good thing.

Haven't heard anything about any injuries, and given when I checked the Sympatico page while I was on the phone with Megan and that was 10:30ish and hours after the actual explosion happened, that's a good thing.

I thought I heard Keele and Wilson?? Isn't that fairly populated?

They're saying now that a firefighter has died, and there could be a person/people that were working in the facility overnight missing. :(

I thought I heard Keele and Wilson?? Isn't that fairly populated?

They're saying now that a firefighter has died, and there could be a person/people that were working in the facility overnight missing. :(

It was Keele and Wilson, yes *goes to check if the Sympatico page has been updated* It's populated, but not as heavily as this side of the city...

The page does say one firefighter, and one worker unaccounted for :(

They just promoted the USA-France men's swimming match. :D

Been watching women's gymnastics for the last hour or so. I'm ready to watch some men's sports.

that's not random. We've been talking about olympics and swimming both. THIS is random: My right shoulder only is sunburnt.

Yea....it really isn't random :D. Did you see the women's gymnastics? I thought it was pretty good.

I really didn't see many of the heats yesterday...so I feel a bit bad cheering for everyone in the semifinals/final swimming events :reject:

Ouch! I hope your sunburn goes away (I still have the remnints of my last sunburn :sigh: ) :hug:

We're watching a little gymnastics right now but I don't really get off on it or anything. I love water polo. Any other sport, I can only watch for awhile, expecially if it's just a race (like swimming, biking, running). Unless they're short races. I can't believe people can move their bodies THAT fast!

I'm so sleepy. I swam a mile, then ran 3 miles then played with my boy in the pool for about an hour and a half. Then had a beer with dinner. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yea....it really isn't random :D. Did you see the women's gymnastics? I thought it was pretty good.

I really didn't see many of the heats yesterday...so I feel a bit bad cheering for everyone in the semifinals/final swimming events :reject:

Ouch! I hope your sunburn goes away (I still have the remnints of my last sunburn :sigh: ) :hug:

I'm the opposite! I only want to watch the medal competitions!!
I'm pretty tan from swimming all summer so the burn isn't too bad. I've worn sunscreen most of the summer, just not enough to keep me from getting color. Unhealthy, I know! :reject:

I'm the opposite! I only want to watch the medal competitions!!
I'm pretty tan from swimming all summer so the burn isn't too bad. I've worn sunscreen most of the summer, just not enough to keep me from getting color. Unhealthy, I know! :reject:

Same with me...but sometimes I watch the semifinals too....I think this year was the first time I've ever watched a first or second round heats (I watched the heats for the 4 X 100m Men's swimming (I think it was the second round) and the 400m Women's swimming (I think it was a heat...but it might have been a semifinal....because it went straight into the finals) :D).

I burn really easily mainly cause I don't go outside all that much. I understand why you don't get enough sunscreen! :hug: I really don't put enough of it on and I get burns on some part of my body :yikes:

:wave: to Ali if she comes back in here.
Today is my last day of freedom : scream:

Anyone see Michael Phelps get the gold in the 400IM last night? It was an awesome race! : hyper:
I didn't, but :wave: anyway!

And :hug: ... hope you enjoyed your last free day.

I did see Mr Phelps! And I saw one of our girls (someone Rice... yes, I am ashamed I forgot her first name) get a gold in the women's medley, I think it was. Yay!

You have a thing about Brits , don't you :sexywink : : flirt:
Can't say I blame her... :whistle:

And Irishmen, and Scots, and Aussies, and Kiwis... ;)
:flirt:

:shifty: I know that last olympic games I was sorta supporting the aussies... :drool: Ian Thorpe
:giggle:
Shame he's retired... Grant Hackett's just not the same.

Did you see the women's gymnastics? I thought it was pretty good.
I saw a bit of the women's gymnastics qualifying rounds, or something, last night. Everyone kept falling off the beam... :huh: I'd be so useless at that - no sense of balance at all.

I love gymnastics; the only thing that I'm not so much into is the floor routines.

I saw a bit of the women's gymnastics qualifying rounds, or something, last night. Everyone kept falling off the beam... :huh : I'd be so useless at that - no sense of balance at all.

I love gymnastics; the only thing that I'm not so much into is the floor routines.

I loved gymnastics when i was a kid. So sad when i had to give it up. :sad:

I used to be able to backward walkover on a beam, for those not sure what that is heres a pic:

girls_team_gymnastics.jpg

I missed the gym so far on tv here. I don't think anys been shown. But there is a womens final on wednesday being shown. :hyper:

Thanks to everyone who left me a message yesterday. Craig took me for a drive and somethign to eat, we didn't do much as i hadn't been well the day before. I can't believe its been 4 years since my mum has been gone. :sad:

Gonna go get something to eat. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom