PGP:You are the Wind beneath my wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love2bmama said:
yup, Ali, I finally got around to doing it, just in the nick of time! :ohmy:

So, did you prefer one side of the cassette and that's why the other side was neglected? I forgot about that part of tapes, I used to do that too! :reject:

I'm always leaving things to the last minute, or even later... :huh:

Yes... In the days before I converted fully to U2 fandom, I would play the first side of JT (which my U2-mad friend insisted I buy) and just rewind it... :reject: And on the rare occassions I didn't feel like rewinding it, I got put off listening to side 2 because there was so much blank space on the end of side 1, you'd flip it over and be halfway through Red Hill Mining Town. Not that it really bothered me that much, I still don't think that's the best song in the world. :wink: (Plus there's that mega-squeaky guitar thing...)

it's so weird to think that I'm still carrying u2 around with me, only now I have all their songs, plus hundreds of other people's songs, plus tons of u2 videos, and a movie or 2, all in an ipod that's smaller than just one cassette tape. How things have changed in 20 years, lol!

love2bmama said:
it's so weird to think that I'm still carrying u2 around with me, only now I have all their songs, plus hundreds of other people's songs, plus tons of u2 videos, and a movie or 2, all in an ipod that's smaller than just one cassette tape. How things have changed in 20 years, lol!

:ohmy: I'm still boggled by modern technology!
I don't have an iPod... I've got a 2GB no-name mp3 player, which is all I need really. And it was a darn sight cheaper than the smallest iPod!
Before that I was using a cassette walkman... I made the leap straight to mp3 without ever having a portable CD player... :D

Oh Molly, did you see I posted that article I mentioned yesterday? I'm so proud that I figured YSI out... :lol:

I agree, ipods are outrageously expensive, I paid a stupidly large amount for my u2 video ipod with the special leather case, but I love it every day. :love:

I forgot to look for your article, cool! I just recently did ysi for the first time, too. :hi5:

If you love it that much, then I guess it was worth it :D

Yay for figuring out stuff... :hi5: (hee hee, haven't used that one before!)

Sorry I got distracted... looking up bass tabs... :shifty:

Alisaura said:
If you love it that much, then I guess it was worth it :D

Yay for figuring out stuff... :hi5: (hee hee, haven't used that one before!)

Sorry I got distracted... looking up bass tabs... :shifty:

:giggle: And for what song were we looking up said tabs?

Drea said:

:giggle: And for what song were we looking up said tabs?

I've copied down tab for 4th of July, and now God Part II... mmm, tasty.
I was looking to see if there was any tab for Hawkmoon, but I mainly wanted to see if there actually is any bass in that song at all... I can't believe how awesome it is even when I can't hear any bass! :heart:

It's all about the drums... :wink:

love2bmama said:
I actually enjoy Spongebob, too :reject:
there are myriad stupid cartoons on the air, though, I hate the ones with really annoying voices and loud background music. Hate.

I confess I've come late to the Spongebob bandwagon... :wink:

I hate those cartoons that are only there to sell toys and accessories and crappy products... all those angular kids with no waist and hair down to god knows where and blargh.

I still love Looney Tunes... Daffy Duck :love:

Drea said:

I know... :drool: :drool:

I want to write this massive post about all the studio tracks on R&H, cos I was totally falling in love with the album again a few weeks ago... but I'm sure dozens of others have beat me to it :wink:

I wonder if it's on Youtube.... :hmm: *searches*

Do you want us to tell you how he does it, Molly? Or should I not spoil the surprise if you do find it? :wink:

Ali - correct me if I'm wrong when I'm describing it :lol:

Molly - I can't remember how it starts, but it ends with Wile chasing RR through a pipe that gets progressively smaller... When they come out of it, Wile's the size of the pipe and RR is regular size - Wile looks up and says "Now that I've got him, what do I do with him?" :lol:

love2bmama said:
I seriously think it would have changed my whole world view if I'd have seen that as a child, lol!

:lol: Oh no, the Molly that might have been! It's not just U2 that has life-changing powers :wink:

I just showed that clip to another friend of mine online... she hadn't seen it either! :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom