PGP working Pro Bono for the boys - Happy 50th Birthday B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daz, I can't quote right now but wind = no good! We had some huge windstorms this weekend - I hate them! They make me cranky and give me a headache. It got up to 96 yesterday and shows no sign of one more cool down before the summer hits. Here we go. :crack:

Thanks Thora. Do you have plans this weekend?

Saturday is my b'day dinner and I just found out that an old friend whom I haven't seen since since last summer is coming!!

My big run is on Sunday morning. I plan on taking it very easy for the rest of the time. I've been trying to go to bed early this week in anticipation, but it hasn't happened so far. :lol:

I'm finally starting to get really excited about it, which is awesome. :D

Jess, I know, it's not by much and it's still cheaper over all, so I was looking at that thinking "I should just go with what's cheaper". The other big factor is childcare. Owen will be in summer school in July, so Mr.Z can just take him in the morning and the neighbor can pick him up. In June, I'd have to find somewhere to take him for 3 days or someone to hang with him - that's asking a lot. And his grandparents just watched him. I'm really really sad - there are other reasons I'd rather go to SLC than Chicago (avoids deathglares from Wild and DG) but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

althoug my bestie said I should just go for the opening night thing (what I think Thora said too) b/c I'll forever be kicking myself if I don't, wondering what I missed. :sigh:

OOH!! That's awesome Thora! You have to remind me - is it a 5k or a 10k (or neither)?

My friend just announced she's getting married in another state the day before my next tri and expects me to be there. Not sure what to do about that just yet.

OOH!! That's awesome Thora! You have to remind me - is it a 5k or a 10k (or neither)?

My friend just announced she's getting married in another state the day before my next tri and expects me to be there. Not sure what to do about that just yet.

It's 10k. :up:

Ooh - that stinks. I hate dilemmas like that. :(

Code:
Daz, I can't quote right now but wind = no good! We had some huge windstorms this weekend - I hate them! They make me cranky and give me a headache. It got up to 96 yesterday and shows no sign of one more cool down before the summer hits. Here we go. :crack:

ooo dear, NASTY stuff! :hug:

it hasn't been the worst, but it seems that we are getting more off & on gusty winds than usual.

Twice I got particles in my eye's back during winds 30 yrs ago or so and ugh I STILL remember b/c I had tog o to the ER to have them removed.

Thora, hon, I'll be cheering for you Sunday morning. I've only done one 10K so far. Best of luck to you and take care of your bod!

I gotta go to the hardware store before the show. Have a lovely night y'all.

PS - I keep thinking it's Friday and getting disappointed when I realize it's not :angry:

way to go, thora! :applaud:

Thora, hon, I'll be cheering for you Sunday morning. I've only done one 10K so far. Best of luck to you and take care of your bod!

PS - I keep thinking it's Friday and getting disappointed when I realize it's not :angry:

Thank you both!! :hug: I'll definitely be taking good care of myself for the next few days. Eating good healthy food, trying to sleep lots (I originally wrote Lost - I'm listening to a Lost podcast as I'm typing, so I've obviously got the show on my brain :laugh: ), and so on.

Have a good night, zu! :hug:

*toots harmonica for key*
"..... if zu had a hammer... she'd hammer in the morning , she'd hammer in the evening all over this LaAAAaannnndddd..... "

Yeah, yeah... YEAH....
... we know you'd rather be drumming on Larry's Dejembe !!! :lol::lol::lol:

:angel:
:lol:
:wink:
:hug:

uh, ,oh :(
It's the Thursday, NOT Friday Syndrome :hug:

Hey ladies, hope you're all doing well! :hug: Good luck with your race Thora, I'll be cheering from a distance! :cheer: And good luck with the show tonight Zooey! I'd suck at the hands-off thing, I think I'm too much of a control freak. :reject: And happy to hear work is going well for you, Deeg.

I spent today out with my sister, picking up things for the benefit dance Saturday. The PR person at the Arthritis Society in Toronto wrote a press release earlier this week for my niece, and sent it out to local media, and it was covered in our newspaper yesterday!

FARMER HOSTS BENEFIT FOR ARTHRITIS SOCIETY - Brantford Expositor - Ontario, CA

The original release was a bit longer, and went into detail about how she's doing it for her mother. It's quite heart-wrenching, it made me teary to read it. If anyone wants to see it, I can PM a copy, I'm not really comfortable posting it online because it contains personal information.

Eta - the "farmer" headline makes me laugh. Makes it sound like she's standing there in overalls, with a piece of hay hanging out of her mouth. :lol:

:hmm: It's all about the drooms, isn't it? Could do a stylized clip art thing of a drum either in the background or replacing the ramp...

Thanks, VP! :hug: I love that cheerleader smiley. :cute: Reminds me a lot of snow. I miss her!

That's awesome that the event is getting lots of coverage! Hope it's a success!

Thanks, VP! :hug: I love that cheerleader smiley. :cute: Reminds me a lot of snow. I miss her!

That's awesome that the event is getting lots of coverage! Hope it's a success!

I know! I think of her whenever I see it, too! :lol: She posted in the TO tickets thread earlier in the week, but beyond that, I still haven't talked to her. :reject:

Thanks! Wish you could all come, it's going to be a blast! :hug: This has been months in the planning, but I've been so busy that it's only recently I've become involved. I've been hearing lately about all the prizes donated by local businesses, and it's mindblowing. They've been extremely generous. She has a ton of great stuff to raffle and give away as door prizes. Many, many things I'm going to enter for. 4 massage sessions. :drool: 6 private yoga sessions with a personal trainer. :drool: Spa days. :drool:

I talked to her today while I was out with my sister, we had to call her to see if she needed more coffee cups. She said "no, I'm hoping that I'll only need like 5, that people will be buying booze instead." :lol: I told her I wouldn't be drinking, because I'm driving. She was all like "hells no, I'll drive you home!" :lol: So look for drunk VP Saturday night. :drunk:

I know! I think of her whenever I see it, too! :lol: She posted in the TO tickets thread earlier in the week, but beyond that, I still haven't talked to her. :reject:

Thanks! Wish you could all come, it's going to be a blast! :hug: This has been months in the planning, but I've been so busy that it's only recently I've become involved. I've been hearing lately about all the prizes donated by local businesses, and it's mindblowing. They've been extremely generous. She has a ton of great stuff to raffle and give away as door prizes. Many, many things I'm going to enter for. 4 massage sessions. :drool: 6 private yoga sessions with a personal trainer. :drool: Spa days. :drool:

I talked to her today while I was out with my sister, we had to call her to see if she needed more coffee cups. She said "no, I'm hoping that I'll only need like 5, that people will be buying booze instead." :lol: I told her I wouldn't be drinking, because I'm driving. She was all like "hells no, I'll drive you home!" :lol: So look for drunk VP Saturday night. :drunk:

Yeah, I saw those ticket posts of hers. I thought about popping in there just to say hi. :lol:

So cool! Massage and yoga sessions?! Spa days?! Hell yeah!!

Aww, drunk VP! Yay for DD's! :cute: I'll be going to bed early on Saturday night, but I'll be sure to check in here before I go to bed that night, in case you're posting. :giggle:

I hope I'll be reasonably okay, to help them clean up and stuff. But once I'm unleashed, I'm hard to contain. :shifty: I don't think I'll get that bad, though. I'm taking my mom for a while, and won't be able to start drinking till I've taken her home, probably around 10-ish or so.

And then we're all getting together the next day for Mother's Day/party leftovers. :up:

VP!
My birthday dinner is Saturday so maybe we'll both be drunkposting that night. Even though I have a hike scheduled for 6:30am Sunday :shifty:

Looks like we'll be seeing some pretty hilarious posts from you gals on Saturday night :lol:

Hope you both have a blast!

I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that Neil McCormick got me a job at a record company headed by Paul McGuinness (he worked there too), and then at work, Neil and I were getting all cozy. :lol:

Congrats on the meetings, Zooey!

I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that Neil McCormick got me a job at a record company headed by Paul McGuinness (he worked there too), and then at work, Neil and I were getting all cozy. :lol:

Congrats on the meetings, Zooey!

:lol: Nice dream

The Fulbright is a hella competative scholarship that pays to study or teach abroad for somewhere between 6 weeks and a year. :hyper:

Wow! I hope you get it :hug:

Where would you want to go?

Back
Top Bottom