PGP: Whistle While You Whizz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you guys ready for some Bono up close and personal?

:shifty:

QDec2011SubscriberEditionBonofull.jpg

Looking at flights for my husband to fly to my parents' house for Christmas eve and Christmas day *shudder*
(The little guy and I take our time and drive but Mr.Z can't get that much time off).

Anyone have this photo as whole?

I've got the magazine but it's too big to fit in the scanner all at once. (And a shame that Larry and Edge's faces are cut in half :doh: ) But I plan on posting it later once i get the 2 scans I made stitched together.
I might also have it just as a plain pic without the magazine text. I know I have others from the same shoot so I'll look.

Holy shit work was cold and misty, I couldn't see further that 25 ft at the end of the day.
I ruined my glasses as wel, they fell into the seals pool ...
Got a heartattack becuase one of the seals gave it a nibble, but thank god he didn't eat it.
Had to fish them out but they where scratched from top to bottom.

I couldn't really give a damn becuase of the glasses, I need lenses anyway. So I'll be sorting that out tomorrow.
So.. I'm reading very slow today.:D

Looking at flights for my husband to fly to my parents' house for Christmas eve and Christmas day *shudder*
(The little guy and I take our time and drive but Mr.Z can't get that much time off).

Christmas visitation plans always make me break into a rash. We barely managed to hammer out Thanksgiving. Having family close can be more problematic. Mainly because my mom makes it tough and never wants to share. Two years in a row, my mom tried to cancel Christmas either the night before or the morning of. I can't wait to see what she does this year.

I may have bid against you. :reject: But I KNEW that was possible. Mine should be coming next week. :drool: As I was watching the auctions, I was thinking - I wonder which Plebans I'm up against. :lol:

:lol: I was thinking that too. But I don't think I bid against anyone. I think it was a Buy it Now, unless I'm remembering wrong. :hmm: I might be mixing it up with the GQ cover. But you know I was actually surprised how many of these subscriber covers are available on there, they aren't hard to find, and I always look for auctions where I don't have to bid. It's the shipping from UK that's a bitch!
I'm sure I've bid against many Plebans before though over the years.
(I'm looking at you Val. :wink: )

Huh, :hmm: I went to my ebay account to see if I bid against anyone on that magazine but I guess there's no way to see that after the auction ends? I thought there was but I can't find it. Or it could be that it was indeed a Buy it Now, so there is no bid history.

:lol: I was thinking that too. But I don't think I bid against anyone. I think it was a Buy it Now, unless I'm remembering wrong. :hmm: I might be mixing it up with the GQ cover. But you know I was actually surprised how many of these subscriber covers are available on there, they aren't hard to find, and I always look for auctions where I don't have to bid. It's the shipping from UK that's a bitch!
I'm sure I've bid against many Plebans before though over the years.
(I'm looking at you Val. :wink: )

Mine was without the CD which was fine since I got it already. And I won it for a ridiculously low money. Finding someone that shipped internationally was tough. One guy said he would but then rejected my bid. Effer.

Reminds me this.:cute:
u2babiesinjeans.jpg

:lol: This looks like it should be on that Awkward Family Photos site or something. :lol:

Wow, I just ordered an art print online for a Christmas gift and the shipping was more then the cost of the print :crack:

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. :( Is it coming from the States or something? Exorbitant shipping fees piss me off.

Ok, I'm watching Food Network's Thanksgiving Live while looking for a recipe for squash. Anyway - all the chefs are saying to NOT cook the stuffing in the bird. They say it compromises the flavor of the bird and is a health risk.

Have we NOT be doing this for decades if not centuries? For those who are doing Thanksgiving (knowing we have BIG international group here) are you stuffing your bird?

Mine was without the CD which was fine since I got it already. And I won it for a ridiculously low money. Finding someone that shipped internationally was tough. One guy said he would but then rejected my bid. Effer.

Weird. :huh: Almost all the auctions I saw shipped internationally, but yeah it cost more than the magazine. :| Mine did have the CD.

Ok, I'm watching Food Network's Thanksgiving Live while looking for a recipe for squash. Anyway - all the chefs are saying to NOT cook the stuffing in the bird. They say it compromises the flavor of the bird and is a health risk.

Have we NOT be doing this for decades if not centuries? For those who are doing Thanksgiving (knowing we have BIG international group here) are you stuffing your bird?

What?! That's the first I've heard of it being a health risk. :huh: We almost always cook the stuffing ahead of time, then put it in the bird to finish cooking. It's never compromised the flavour of the bird in a bad way. :tsk: All the turkeys we've had have been juicy and flavourful. None of us have ever gotten sick before. They must be on crack. :tsk:

I've heard that for years too but my mom always cooked stuffing inside, then when Charlie took over he always did too. But last year I believe he tried it separately and it was fine too. Actually I think the turkey cooked much better, and everyone raved about the stuffing that was soo yummy :drool: (it didn't get soggy) so I'm thinking we'll keep doing it that way.

(Charlie cooks the entire Thanksgiving dinner, from the turkey and candied yams to the homemade stuffing and pies. He even makes the pie crust himself. I know he's a freak. :wink: :lol: )

I'm trying to stream the Packer game online, but it's not working. :(

Working now ... this buffering is going to kill me, though. Boo.

Dude, he's a keeper!

2 years ago, my sister made dinner. We're pulling the stuffing out of the bird and notice it looks really dry. She's scratching her head and saying, "No sure why it's like this."

I ask, "Did you cook it beforehand?"

She looks at me, "Cook it?"

"Yeah, you mix it with water, butter, celery, onion...whatever. Then you stuff the bird."

She opened the bag of stuffing and shoved it up the bird's arse. That was it. We sent her a message about that for this year.

"Yeah, you mix it with water, butter, celery, onion...whatever. Then you stuff the bird."

She opened the bag of stuffing and shoved it up the bird's arse. That was it. We sent her a message about that for this year.

:giggle: I'd be afraid of accidentally doing that except...my sister will probably be doing the turkey. I'm most likely going to make pie or something like that. Or make faces at the turkey mess.

Back
Top Bottom