PGP-Where Are Our Heads At?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really was gorgeous with the CN Tower there. :heart: I've always loved the visuals in the Slane dvd because of the castle in the background. I said to my friend last night that the CN Tower is like our Slane Castle. :)

That's so true. The CN Tower just added to the whole show :D
Did you check out the video on u2.com yet? There's a new one of the view from the top of the tower.

Maybe my experience was coloured by fatigue or whatever. The first show was grueling. Sleeping, or rather trying to sleep, on the pavement in the cold, I only slept for two hours...then the time spent standing in line, then the time in the pit (and being surrounded by a few obnoxious people in there), by the time it was over, I could barely walk, and I was exhausted. The next night at the back, I felt refreshed, my back and legs weren't nearly as sore, I was surrounded by friends, we had LOTS of room to move around. Last night's show was probably the most emotionally moving experience that I've ever had at any U2 show. :heart:

Dazzled!! So happy for you that DG got you the GA! :heart:

First night we were back rail inside the pit on sort of between Bono and Edge, but closer to Edge. Could have had front rail in front of Edge, but I wanted back rail - more room, and a better view. Second night we were back by the soundboard, but closer to the side - as in, the railing at the front of the soundboard extends to each side, so, we were back there, again on Edge's side of the stadium. For that show, we didn't even go in until about 8:45. It was an amazing spot.

The pit and outer rail are great and all, but the staging, the spectacle of it all is SO immense that when you're up close, the band is really spread out, so you can really only "see/pay attention to" one member at a time, you can't take it all in. Plus, the guys have more area to cover on stage/on the catwalk, so that when they're near you it's fine, but when they're not, they're much farther away than they are in an arena show. And, you REALLY can't appreciate the claw and screen up close, and the claw is so awesome that it deserves to be appreciated. :love: And like Sarah said, even though we were back in a stadium, it still seemed like we were closer than we were when we were at the back of the ACC (arena) for the one Vertigo show. They really did achieve intimacy in a stadium. :up:

Anyway, that's my take on it. Had an amazing time as always.

You think you have a better view on the back rail ( of pit) by the circle--THAN being at the Front rail of he (outer) Circle

I was thinking

Between edge & Bono so that when the bridge swings around I'll be close to it and see them there

I can see ther'ye far apart from all the photos....

which is why I'm concentrating on Bono & Edge-- even though they'll only be there a few times....

the circle is only around chest high (well if you're around 5'7" - 5"9" ish )

and he SECOND NIGHT I'll be way up so I can get the The Claw & Screen THEN!

:hyper: you had a fantastic time!!! :hug:

Hey Laura :wave: Getting excited for the upcoming shows??

Maybe my experience was coloured by fatigue or whatever. The first show was grueling. Sleeping, or rather trying to sleep, on the pavement in the cold, I only slept for two hours...then the time spent standing in line, then the time in the pit (and being surrounded by a few obnoxious people in there), by the time it was over, I could barely walk, and I was exhausted. The next night at the back, I felt refreshed, my back and legs weren't nearly as sore, I was surrounded by friends, we had LOTS of room to move around. Last night's show was probably the most emotionally moving experience that I've ever had at any U2 show. :heart:

Yeah it does seem pretty draining. I've been running on barely any sleep for three days now. I've just been overwhelmed with all the excitement that it's been hard to sleep.
I know now what you mean about all the emotions at a U2 show now that I've been to one. I broke down during YBR and just starting crying.

You think you have a better view on the back rail ( of pit) by the circle--THAN being at the Front rail of he (outer) Circle

I was thinking

Between edge & Bono so that when the bridge swings around I'll be close to it and see them there

I can see ther'ye far apart from all the photos....

which is why I'm concentrating on Bono & Edge-- even though they'll only be there a few times....

the circle is only around chest high (well if you're around 5'7" - 5"9" ish )

and he SECOND NIGHT I'll be way up so I can get the The Claw & Screen THEN!

:hyper: you had a fantastic time!!! :hug:

I think you're right. That back of the pit seems like the perfect place :D

Maybe my experience was coloured by fatigue or whatever. The first show was grueling. Sleeping, or rather trying to sleep, on the pavement in the cold, I only slept for two hours...then the time spent standing in line, then the time in the pit (and being surrounded by a few obnoxious people in there), by the time it was over, I could barely walk, and I was exhausted.

:hug: esp sleeping in the colder weather :yikes:
what was it like/ 50F ??

The next night at the back, I felt refreshed, my back and legs weren't nearly as sore, I was surrounded by friends, we had LOTS of room to move around. Last night's show was probably the most emotionally moving experience that I've ever had at any U2 show. :heart:

HOW Wonderful!!! :hyper::heart::heart:

what I'm thinking the only problem WITH the back rail--

is that when they go onto the circle walk--they're mostly looking towards the outer stadium...

which would mean alot of back photos instead of profiles/side 3/4 front views etc or
did they turn around some to the PIT???

rmemberI'm aiming for good photos too!

Hey Laura :wave: Getting excited for the upcoming shows??

QUOTE]

Yeah, but it is kind of stressful. At Gillette Stadium for the Boston shows we are not aloud to line up till 3 and that is when the parking lots open. It is giving me a headache trying to figure out what to do

Back
Top Bottom