PGP: When I think about U2, I swoon myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone recognize when this was?

:drool:

Bonojacketrosarychest1.jpg

Bonojacketrosarychest2.jpg

Bonojacketrosarychest3.jpg

There are a lot more. I'm getting them.

I love ON. Not much of my stuff comes from there now as right now their style isn't my style....but if I find something I like - I buy every color. I have noticed their prices inch up a bit too. Booger.

um... again, not to distract from the swooning, but my employer (the school district) just voted this week to outlaw our "ethnic studies" program (American History from a Chicano perspective). As part of this movement, they've banned several books, including Shakespeare's The Tempest.

:hmm:

:shifty:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?

Actually I probably did see them already, probably saved them too. :lol: But my brain gets temporarily side-blinded by the Bono.

You're welcome zooey. :sexywink:

I love ON. Not much of my stuff comes from there now as right now their style isn't my style....but if I find something I like - I buy every color. I have noticed their prices inch up a bit too. Booger.

Yep - I like their stuff. Both dresses I bought for the MOntreal trip last summer were from there. And then I got one on super sale from Gap ($10 or $20 I think).

Comet, those Bono pics are so cute! Like this kind of cute :cute:

Yeah, the Africa trip must be over is my guess. Or it was right before. I think that's the claddagh on his finger. Which is a very good time marker. Thank you Bono for helping us 'date' your appearances.

Damn, somehow song Kite is hitting me hard today and dont know why :sad:

maybe cause it´s just so fucking awesome song :love:

Neil McCormick

On an aeroplane, reading Observer interview with Bono while U2's One plays in the background. There is no escape.

um... again, not to distract from the swooning, but my employer (the school district) just voted this week to outlaw our "ethnic studies" program (American History from a Chicano perspective). As part of this movement, they've banned several books, including Shakespeare's The Tempest.

:shifty:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?

THE TEMPEST???

Written by an Englishman. Main characters either from Milan or Naples except for Caliban? A play no one would qualify as ethnic in any way? THAT Tempest? WTF???

Has your school board looked outside a mirror lately? Why would you ban a program like that?

THE TEMPEST???

Written by an Englishman. Main characters either from Milan or Naples except for Caliban? A play no one would qualify as ethnic in any way? THAT Tempest? WTF???

Has your school board looked outside a mirror lately? Why would you ban a program like that?

They say the program breeds racism. And in the play Caliban is kept prisoner. His mother, a witch, ran the island until the characters from Europe took it over, imprisoned him and consider it a "gift" that they taught him to read and write in their language and tried to "tame him" and teach him European values.
Get it? :wink:

Who's afraid of "The Tempest"? - Books - Salon.com

Isifa and usually Getty has the same and similar pics but I don't see any there, so that's why I'm thinking they might not be new. Maybe you can check Getty again. There are more, he's in a car. I'll get them. Hmm, guess it's time to do a check at some of the usual photo site suspects. :hmm:

Back in Baltimore. Hate being alone in my room but had a lovely sleepover with one of my friends last night. I don't really feel like unpacking...but I did get posters and things up.

Isifa and usually Getty has the same and similar pics but I don't see any there, so that's why I'm thinking they might not be new. Maybe you can check Getty again. There are more, he's in a car. I'll get them. Hmm, guess it's time to do a check at some of the usual photo site suspects. :hmm:

Yeah, I got nothing too. WENN, Zimbio, Getty, Wireimage..,,So either they are old -like from late last month or early this month OR are very, very new by hours. They could still be from Africa. I spy someone (PA?) carrying a canvas Africa bag.

Anyone follow Tom Hiddleston on Twitter? I don't really use it anymore but my kids showed this to me. He's kind of awesome. :D

twhiddleston Tom Hiddleston
The Edge is talking to god with his guitar. That's how he rolls.

Preceeded by:

13 minutes ago
Tom Hiddleston
twhiddleston Tom Hiddleston
Song of the Day: "With Or Without You", by U2. I wish I knew the name of this incredible remix I have here. It's like sonic phosphorescence.

Aw that's awesome zooey! :cute:

:flirt:

I have a few different RED bracelets too. Some were braided and really nice, but unfortunately the clasps always broke. I'm still grumpy at GAP for backing out of Product RED. Oh sure get all the publicity with the Bono in the beginning, but as soon as there are no more photo ops with the rock star they've all but dropped being charitable.
I got a ton of nice stuff when they did though. Many of the the coats, jackets and clothes I wear ALL the time.

:kiss: the only christmas gifts I ever got.

No clue where/when those Bono picture are from on page 21. All I know is that his shirt's unbuttoned a little and it's really, REALLY nice, so...yeah :drool:.

I was talking with EdgeFest last night and she said she hated the Pats because they beat her team in the Super Bowl a few years ago.

Haha, that's how my parents have been, too. Their teams have both competed against the Patriots and lost, and so that team's always been a sore spot with them. That. and, in my parents' eyes, the Patriots seem to be the football equivalent of the Yankees at times in that they're ALWAYS winning games or at least doing reasonably well each season, and nobody will shut up about that team's golden boy Tom Brady (my parents used to say that even if they were watching a game in which the Patriots weren't playing, Tom Brady's name and how oh-so-great he was/is would STILL come up) and they think some of their winnings are fixed and that sort of thing...who knows, really, but yeah, hatred for the Patriots is strong in my family, too :p. So EdgeFest would be in good company here.

I've always been confused too, as far as American sports, about "fandom" of teams from random places. My dad is a Giants and Mets fan- he grew up a few blocks from Shea Stadium. So that makes sense to me when it's a hometown connection thing. But I knew people in school who were massive fans of teams like the Dallas Cowboys...I don't get it! I guess because I just don't get the sports thing :shrug:

It varies. Sometimes it's a regional thing, sometimes there's other reasons. For example, the St. Louis Rams used to be based in Los Angeles. My dad grew up in L.A. when he was a kid and loved that team, and then when they moved to St. Louis, he still followed them out of longtime loyalty, even though the city had changed (plus, that team moved to the Midwest, and he'd moved to the Midwest, so it still worked. Missouri's right south of Iowa, after all).

My mom, on the other hand, got introduced to football through my dad, and she wound up liking the Miami Dolphins, even though she's never lived anywhere near the state of Florida. But she likes them mainly because she loves the colors of their uniforms, she likes dolphins, and she thought one of their notable quarterbacks, Dan Marino, was cute :D (she does actually enjoy the game itself, too, however). Most often regional loyalty does factor in, but there's all sorts of reasons why people like the teams they do.

Since Iowa doesn't have a national football team, most people in our area go for either the Minnesota Vikings or the Green Bay Packers, and most people I know are Packers fans. Generally Vikings fans are seen as kind of obnoxious around here :wink:.

That's Aussie Rules. :wink: The most awesome version of rugby.

I had a feeling :p. It was kinda entertaining to watch, I must admit.

For sure. I was on pins and needles waiting for the commercials to be over so that they could tell me why I needed to keep my snow shovel handy. :wink:

I've seen those before in other cities, but we really don't have that many horrible cheesy local commercials around here, at least as far as I can remember. I notice it a LOT more when I'm in Seattle or other US cities, but here in Vancouver all the commercials are fine. :lol:

:giggle: I told my mom about that news story this morning and she found it pretty funny.

Ah, you're lucky, then. You should come here, some of our commercials really are hilarious. As are our newscasts-I'm fully convinced our local newspeople don't have the first clue at least half the time as to what the hell they're doing.

:giggle: Ahhh, American Football talk.

I am a born and bred Cleveland Browns fan (my dad was raised in Cleveland so its just in the DNA), but I am also a huge Tampa Bay fan. And that was years before I got to live down in FL for a brief time.

And I love when moms like teams because of colors. That's how my mom got into the Tennessee Titans. She liked their colors and the "T" on their helmets. Now she is a huge fan, over 10 yrs later. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom