PGP: What time is it in the world? Mandatory spanking time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cori, Zooey, and any other True Blood watchers -

We're nearly to the end of season 2 now, we have 3 more eps of the season left, I think. I don't want to post in the TB thread till we're caught up, which at the rate we're going should be in a few more days. :uhoh: I've been reading the thread up to where we are though, and Zooey, I saw your post where you mentioned that your husband commented that he didn't like the show, but was hooked, and that's EXACTLY how we felt about it up until nearly the end of season 1. Kind of meh, but something compelled us to keep watching. We both like it more now, though. Some specific thoughts:

-I didn't know what to make of it - do people take it seriously? It's SO cheesy and over the top. The season 1 finale, where Sookie and Rene are having their showdown, and Bill runs out into the sunlight and starts frying...then gets like 20 feet away and collapses while saying "Suuuukie..." Was that supposed to be dramatic? Because we laughed hysterically at that. Oh, Vampire Bill, you're suck a dumbass. I honestly don't know what kind of audience reaction they're going for, sometimes.

-Vampire Bill should never say the name Sookie ever again.

-While I'm on about Vampire Bill, Cori, he now reminds me of Edward Cullen in Growing Up Cullen - fussy and mopey and kind of dull. It's a fun parallel to imagine that the characters are interchangeable. :wink:

-Season 2 Eric is kind of cool. During season 1, Sarah was bemoaning the lack of an early Spike-type character, and Eric seems to have stepped into that role.

-Godric seemed cool. Sorry he decided to toast himself.

-the girl that Bill made, she seems fun, like her a lot, although her new vampire/teenage girl growing pains are a little eyerolly at times. Her and Hoyt are adorable together though, and I hope those crazy kids make it.

-Layfayette rules. I love that cable tv creates characters like him.

-We're on the whole freaky woman that took Tara in storyline, and there were enough allusions to ancient Roman/Greek art and the goddess thing that early in the season I told Sarah that she reminded me of Baccus, and wondered if he had a female counterpart. Sure enough, later in the season she was compared to Dionysus, his Greek counterpart, so yay, small victory for me. :wink: Also, there are vague reminders of Jasmine from Angel in her storyline.

-Tara's bf is HAWT. He was in a season of Desperate Housewives a year or so ago, and I don't remember him being that hot.

-Oh yeah, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the opening song. Makes me want to go to a honkytonk bar, and make out in the corner with a cowboy. :lol:

p1000531u.jpg

:love: PRETTY!

Thanks for the cake comments everyone, I'll pass them along to Sarah. :) She's far more talented at decorating than I am.

Thanks! I had to stop and think for a minute, but the one with cherries, I made for her.

It was amazing looking. :drool:

Feel better Wild :(

:( nothing to tell except that they came to San Diego and played a TINY (gorgeous) theatre here (if it's the same one I'm thinking of) AND WE DIDNT GO.

That is all.

eff my life.
aaawww, phoo, bc ...... :hug:

In 1980 I was running around seeing some of the original, and soon after Punk/New Wave Bands out of CBGB's that had been rising in audience size and bigger venues over the years. :hyper: (was so proud of them)
I think i saw The Clash that year, too.
(? I don't think Springsteen was touring that year)

I was also keeping up with a grea,t fun & interesting independent magazine covering the original NYC P/NW scene and then more bands as the this Scene's influence spread across the The States and over to Britain & Europe etc New York Rocker.
So I pick up the Oct or Nov '80 issue, and I read about U2 for the first time. A live review of U2's (possibly first) gig at the Marquee Club in London!!!

The NYR Editior had gone over to see some bands in Britain. So he said about U2 ".... they're anthemic, they egage the audience, and are very ambitious. IF they can avoid the pitfulls, they could make it all the way up to Stadium level..."

I love anthemic songs, and i love bands who eneage their audience. I usually trusted this Editpr's opinion.
So i was going to keep an ear out for them. Then I either missed any ads for them playing here in NYC for their first tour in The States particularly becuase i was so caught up in the CBGB's bnads , or the magazine came out just after they played here.

I didn't find this out till later...and they played places that I had gone to for other bands over those past several years! :|:| :madspit:

In ? Spring/Summe of 1981 (don't remember WHICH one came first) but I read the interview that this same editor (who saw Marquee Club gig) did with U2 the morning after that gig.
The interview really got me even more interested in them..their intelligence, talking about music influences (who were some of my favs) their love of audience interacting, their caring.....

He held off printing that interview,
I guess until IWF/OOC single and/or Boy came out here . ALthough I alot of stuff on BOY was O kayyyy ...It was IWF/OOC that blew me out pf the water! I figured any band that could write/play that good R&R was well worth seeing live (butressed by NYR review)!

I got sooooooo mad last year when I found out they had played The Mudd Club! It was a small club with a small stage. I saw Richard LLoyd (Of Telelvision) and The B-52's there. I was right up at the front. It was great!

aaaaaaa, NOoooo, I just saw (research u2gigis) that they played (I might have seen this once beofre and promptly forgot it because I was soooo annoyed) they played The Paladium ('81), too?!:madspit: (excuse me while I :scream: again)
I saw Springsteen 3 x's there, Patti Smith Group, a few more bands

:der::der: *goes to a far corner and quietly weeps*

Darn... :wink:

Re: True Blood

I don't know anyone that thinks it's any more than goofy, raucous fun, with some pretty people. Most people I know find Bill and Sookie to be annoying and ridiculous.

If you like the theme song, you might like Jace Everett's whole album - check it out! :)

Good, thanks! How are you?

Went for a run at work today with my boss and another coworker. They want to try and do it twice a week, but I'll probably just do it once, to shake up my usual workout in the gym.

ah I see bc :wave: :D

ETA how was Disneyland?

Re Comic Con ... you have cute kids!

I had this page open but wasn't really here. Was on the phone with my boss, and told them I'm going to cut my hours way back this year. I've been at my job for a long time, but I took the summer off, and decided to come back only alittle bit part time. I was dreading letting them know, but it's going to be ok now. Disneyland was good, relaxing. We mostly went up to see the new World of Color fountain show at CA Adventure, and eat... sometimes we only go there for the food. :lol:
Aww thanks about my kids. :cute:

:ohmy: After 14 hours at work theres a new thread and 8 pages of it??????????

No new U2 news I take it? Still no Brussels tickets here :sad:

As far as U2 news, seems there is a new Breathe single out, but maybe only in Australia, we don't really know yet. Nothing else I suppose!

I was following that conversation - someone had mentioned the radio show seemed to be a "best of" from that morning show, or something? Maybe was it a clip from 2008 when the album was released?

I can't imagine why they'd be releasing a single for a song they've pretty much decided they don't even want to play anymore, but then Axver came along and said they'd put out Who's Gonna Ride and one of the Pop songs out as singles after they'd dropped them from the tour, so ........ ?

I was following that conversation - someone had mentioned the radio show seemed to be a "best of" from that morning show, or something? Maybe was it a clip from 2008 when the album was released?

I can't imagine why they'd be releasing a single for a song they've pretty much decided they don't even want to play anymore, but then Axver came along and said they'd put out Who's Gonna Ride and one of the Pop songs out as singles after they'd dropped them from the tour, so ........ ?

No it's new. I was listening to it live last night and I heard them play the song. It was definitely a new edit of Breathe not heard before. @u2 and I were both on Twitter when we heard it and we were both like whut?? at each other. :lol:

If God Will Send His Angels. :)

And it is quite interesting. Then again, there's still the missing fourth NLOTH single from the box thingy. And perhaps they're trying to rework it? :hmm:

If God Will Send His Angels. :)

And it is quite interesting. Then again, there's still the missing fourth NLOTH single from the box thingy. And perhaps they're trying to rework it? :hmm:

Except... it will never fit in the box! :scream: they went and filled it up with the ginormous foldyouty Crazy single. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom