PGP...we've got to be seen to be believed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carmelu2fan said:

I have heard awesome things about the film festival. Is that where you got your picture taken with Liam or was it Noel?( you can tell I am not a big Oasis fan) I would be totally star struck, but loving every moment.:drool:
Hehehe, no I met them that summer before one of their shows. It was Liam, btw ;) I met Noel too, but didn't get a pic with him.

I actually met Gerry Butler at the film fest(if anyone here knows who that is :reject: :drool: )

Carmelu2fan said:

Oh , SG what a ordeal:sad: I wonder is a rest home out of the question for your grandpa?

the nurse tried to suggest it but it's really not. He's an ornery old coot when it comes to that :lol: He's always been full of spit and vinegar anyway, and so independant. he's lived on his farm for well over thirty years, it may be as many as fifty. And after my grandmother died in a nursing home environment, he's been defensive against the possibility anyone would even suggest it

Thanks you guys :hug: It is a hard situation but we'll manage. and having you here helps me to vent when I need to :wink:

kafrun said:

Hehehe, no I met them that summer before one of their shows. It was Liam, btw ;) I met Noel too, but didn't get a pic with him.

I actually met Gerry Butler at the film fest(if anyone here knows who that is :reject: :drool: )

:banghead: I am sorry I cannot tell those guys apart. Not sure why either. Is one of them taller or something that will help me sort the two of them out?:shrug:

Sorry Kaf, I am so out of the loop I do not know who Gerry Butler is either.:reject:

Carmel, VP - Liam is slightly taller, younger, and better looking :lol: :shrug:

Gerry Butler is a scottish( :drool: ) actor who just so happens to be tall, gorgeous, and an absolute sweetie :cute: *searches for a good pic*

Sad_Girl said:

the nurse tried to suggest it but it's really not. He's an ornery old coot when it comes to that :lol: He's always been full of spit and vinegar anyway, and so independant. he's lived on his farm for well over thirty years, it may be as many as fifty. And after my grandmother died in a nursing home environment, he's been defensive against the possibility anyone would even suggest it

Thanks you guys :hug: It is a hard situation but we'll manage. and having you here helps me to vent when I need to :wink:

I am glad we could lend an ear. I know you helped me so much SG, i wish there was more I could suggest.
I cannot say that I blame your grandfather for not wanting to live there. My pa told me he would rather live on the street than go to one of the rest homes. I wonder why though?:confused:

Sad_Girl said:
Yep. Sometimes they're like that and maybe it's better to let them do what makes them comfortable :shrug: Though it's obviously a terribly frustrating and worrisome situation for the family :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

OMG Gerry!! :heart: :hyper: Lucky woman!!! :love:
Don't I know it :faint: The crazy thing is that I didn't actually go to a premier or press conference to meet him, I ran into him by total accident at a Starbucks in my neighborhood.. I mean.. just.. guh :shocked:

Sad_Girl said:

Does he need full time care? Could he get home care a couple of hours a day? A lot of elderly or infirm people here are eligible for that, but I'm not sure if you have that there.

kafrun said:
Carmel, VP - Liam is slightly taller, younger, and better looking :lol: :shrug:

Gerry Butler is a scottish( :drool: ) actor who just so happens to be tall, gorgeous, and an absolute sweetie :cute: *searches for a good pic*

gerard_butler_052.jpg

gerard_butler_05.jpg

gerard_butler_04.jpg

gerard_butler_03.jpg

gerard_butler_02.jpg

VintagePunk said:

Does he need full time care? Could he get home care a couple of hours a day? A lot of elderly or infirm people here are eligible for that, but I'm not sure if you have that there.

I don't know - I know the home health care nurse tonight said she couldn't come out twice a day every day so we needed to learn to give him the shots ourselves.

:grumpy: She was a piece of work, don't get me started on her :madwife:

Sad_Girl said:

I don't know - I know the home health care nurse tonight said she couldn't come out twice a day every day so we needed to learn to give him the shots ourselves.

:tsk: That is a shame, it is so hard to find good help these days. I know it is going to be tough making a decision about how to take care of your grandfather, SG.:hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:|

Many programs for seniors in need of assistance are run through our hospitals here. Maybe it might be something for you to check out? Does he live far from you?

kafrun said:

Don't I know it :faint: The crazy thing is that I didn't actually go to a premier or press conference to meet him, I ran into him by total accident at a Starbucks in my neighborhood.. I mean.. just.. guh :shocked:

:faint: thats like my every fantasy :heart:

SG - A lot of people seem to be in the health care industry for the wrong reasons :| I don't get it.

Phantom was definitely his best :combust: I saw that maybe a billion times in theatres :uhoh: (His hands a HUGE by the way. I shook one. His eyes were unbelievable in person too. I barely remember half of what he said to me.. He was tall too. Nice shirt.. very fitted.. I'll stop now :reject: )

VintagePunk said:

:|

Many programs for seniors in need of assistance are run through our hospitals here. Maybe it might be something for you to check out? Does he live far from you?

About two miles, maybe three. it's just outside of town on the opposite side from where we live. It isn't bad, and my cousin lives right next door to him but she has three small boys to take care of too... anyway, I'm sure we'll get it taken care of. we're calling the Commission on Aging tomorrow, they run most of the home care stuff in our area

Our local hospital is HORRIBLE - I don't even want to go into the terrors that I've heard and/or witnessed there

kafrun said:
SG - A lot of people seem to be in the health care industry for the wrong reasons :| I don't get it.

Phantom was definitely his best :combust: I saw that maybe a billion times in theatres :uhoh: (His hands a HUGE by the way. I shook one. His eyes were unbelievable in person too. I barely remember half of what he said to me.. He was tall too. Nice shirt.. very fitted.. I'll stop now :reject: )

:no: Do not stop now!! More More:drool:

kafrun said:

It's cool that you got to meet him, and the Gallaghers! :)

Okay ladies, think I'm going to bed now. All week I've been trying to get my messed-up sleeping hours sorted out, and have been forcing myself to get up and go on 3 or 4 hours sleep...tonight, I'm finally tired at a (sorta) decent hour. :happy:

Sweet dreams, girls. :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

About two miles, maybe three. it's just outside of town on the opposite side from where we live. It isn't bad, and my cousin lives right next door to him but she has three small boys to take care of too... anyway, I'm sure we'll get it taken care of. we're calling the Commission on Aging tomorrow, they run most of the home care stuff in our area

Our local hospital is HORRIBLE - I don't even want to go into the terrors that I've heard and/or witnessed there

I am sure you will make the best chioce for him. I know how caring you are. He is in good hands with you SG.:yes: Your family is working together and that is the best thing to do in this situation.:hug:

VP - I thought so :sexywink:

Carmel - k :drool: Twist my arm.. :lol: His hands were huge.. my hand totally disappeared in his. He was wearing a fitted, grey v-neck shirt, fitted jeans that showed off, erm, well.. *cough* He was tanned, which made his gorgeous grey/green/blue eyes stand out more. They're very intense, and he looks straight at you when you're having a conversation, which is a bit unnerving. I only walked up and asked him for a handshake and told him I was a fan. I didn't want to bother him for a picture or anything because he seemed busy(and all I had was a crappy camera phone). But he just started asking me questions, at which point I was amazed I was able to form entire sentences :no: Oh, and like I said, he's rather tall. 6'2" or 6'3". Very, erm, built. The scottish accent? Perfection.. :drool:

Sorry you asked yet? :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
Ok, I know I'm close to the post describing my Adam meeting but I can't seem to find it :madwife:

I'll just type it out again real quick

Aww, you are still looking for me?!:kiss: I thought you forgot all about it! I was going to ask you again tomorrow:lol:

VintagePunk said:
Okay ladies, think I'm going to bed now. All week I've been trying to get my messed-up sleeping hours sorted out, and have been forcing myself to get up and go on 3 or 4 hours sleep...tonight, I'm finally tired at a (sorta) decent hour. :happy:

Sweet dreams, girls. :hug:

Night VP... sweet :bono: dreams:hug:

Back
Top Bottom