PGP: We're the ghosts of love and we haunt this place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's called Periscope and its iPhone friendly but requires a direct link for laptops as Droid isnt compatible (yet). We've had a handful of various streams to pick from each night and there was also full audio on mixlr from a girl there both nights. Twas awesome. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Fantastic. I prefer a desktop for streaming and browsing at the same time anyway. Love the fact that everyone is moaning about poeple having phone's during the concert but they also enjoy the plus side: live streaming. Yay.

:wave:

no laptop, no tablet, and no smartphone

:angry: fuck :angry:

(Art supplies on a low income sacrifice a lot else goodies)

hopefully I'll get to listen at Art next week :sigh:

:wave::hug: hi wild! SO you met B again recently? (your avi?)

ANd OMG While I heard about it Fri afternoon here- later on... i was half listening to last night's 11pm news while reading the papers and suddenly they mention U2 and Edge I look up and
jeeeez :ohmy: I half-shrieked when I saw him fall off the satge!

didn't you do enough WALK AROUND THE STAGE AND GET USED TO IT REHEASHALS-- EDGE ??!!!

:tsk: mutters- scaring the crap outta everyone including yourself!

No laptop no tablet, phone for 20 a month ... Your'e not alone in financially hard times. Believe me. Takes one to know one.

ANd OMG While I heard about it Fri afternoon here- later on... i was half listening to last night's 11pm news while reading the papers and suddenly they mention U2 and Edge I look up and

didn't you do enough WALK AROUND THE STAGE AND GET USED TO IT REHEASHALS-- EDGE ??!!!

I could only watch that video once! I feel so bad for him! He looks so tranquil and just having a good time, then... drops. :eek: As someone who has fallen down stairs, I was definitely having sympathy pains :D

A friend of mine had an interesting observation - when she took tons of pictures and recorded a lot during a concert, she barely remembered it. The next time she went, she barely photo'd and remembered much more. :hmm:

That's kinda logical, since you're focussing on your phone or camera rather than the gig.. people cannot multitask well, as much as people believe it they can't. If you do multiple tasks, you divide your attention and you cannot do each task as well as when you would only do that task. So you cannot focus 100% on the gig and take pictures.

It's one of the reasons most of my pics come from bathroom break songs like IALW. :wink:

That's kinda logical, since you're focussing on your phone or camera rather than the gig.. people cannot multitask well, as much as people believe it they can't. If you do multiple tasks, you divide your attention and you cannot do each task as well as when you would only do that task. So you cannot focus 100% on the gig and take pictures.

It's one of the reasons most of my pics come from bathroom break songs like IALW. :wink:

Or from me instinctively stealing your camera and taking a pic. because I know bono is going to put off his shades. :lmao:
I don't even know why and how. But it was funny. Ohh Germany memories.

I really agree that taking pictures of a gig makes remembering it a lot harder.
Yet with pictures you can also create memories.. If you do it well.

Yeah I was like, wtf bitch, that's my camera!! oooooooooh pretty pic. :love: nevermind

I tend to alternate with taking pictures and watching the show. It's the big advantage of going to a lot of shows, you can take your picks in when to photograph and when to watch. I don't think I have a single photo from the songs that were really special to me. In Montreal I didn't even think of a camera during ZOoropa, just stood there in awe.

Yeah I was like, wtf bitch, that's my camera!! oooooooooh pretty pic. :love: nevermind

I tend to alternate with taking pictures and watching the show. It's the big advantage of going to a lot of shows, you can take your picks in when to photograph and when to watch. I don't think I have a single photo from the songs that were really special to me. In Montreal I didn't even think of a camera during ZOoropa, just stood there in awe.

Guess it also depends on how much one likes photography in general.
I always have the urge to take picture's... In the park, on the beach or at a U2 concert. Its just that I can't help it. Its second nature :D

Ooh you saw Zooropa /jealous :drool: I bet it was hard to take a picture anyway. with the screen collapsed and you probably close by. :lol:

relevant :D

Txc6OqT.jpg

Fantastic. I prefer a desktop for streaming and browsing at the same time anyway. Love the fact that everyone is moaning about poeple having phone's during the concert but they also enjoy the plus side: live streaming. Yay.

Yeah I have the video in one tab, interference in another, and then twitter for extra setlist info in case blue crack lags.

no laptop, no tablet, and no smartphone

:angry: fuck :angry:

(Art supplies on a low income sacrifice a lot else goodies)

hopefully I'll get to listen at Art next week :sigh:

:wave::hug: hi wild! SO you met B again recently? (your avi?)

Yeah we only have a limited data plan on our smartphones...we sacrificed cable to keep them. (No netflix either since no home internet)

I link my phone to my laptop via mobile hotspot and stream the video feeds that way. A 2 1/2 hr show as well as posting/tweeting will run me around 1.2GB and we only have 30 for the month for hubby and I. I have a feeling that I'm gonna have overage charges if we keep getting live video feeds every show. :crack:

I make a practice never to take photos during special events especially because it's distracting and you end up seeing the whole thing through a viewfinder. My mom is a photographer and swears that shooting the whole time makes her experience and remember it more, not less. I think that might be because it helps to smooth her social anxiety by screening out everything but the performance. It still bugs the heck out of me to go to events with her though!

Daz, I got your text on my b'day - thank you so much! I haven't thought about this place in years it seems. Hope everyone is doing well - I see a couple familiar names.

I make a practice never to take photos during special events especially because it's distracting and you end up seeing the whole thing through a viewfinder. My mom is a photographer and swears that shooting the whole time makes her experience and remember it more, not less. I think that might be because it helps to smooth her social anxiety by screening out everything but the performance. It still bugs the heck out of me to go to events with her though!

I don't have social anxiety but I'm on team mom. Haha. If you love seeing bands and love photography. There is nothing cooler than going To a gig. Snapping soms brilliant pics. Enjoying great music at the same time. And I think the winning mentality for me is: Decide that When something is happening right in front of you and you really want to remember it. ditch the camera.
I'm not the person who will be shooting from song #1 .. Untill the final encore.

And then .. After memories are during after the gig.. Relive them by going through some photographs. With some kind of drink and snacks. Share them with others.

:wave: everybody!
I couldn't follow the live streaming but I watched the videos on youtube and :hyper::hyper: 2nd night I guess was even better! can't wait for September!!

What is this fb group/chat were you talking about?

I don't have social anxiety but I'm on team mom. Haha. If you love seeing bands and love photography. There is nothing cooler than going To a gig. Snapping soms brilliant pics. Enjoying great music at the same time. And I think the winning mentality for me is: Decide that When something is happening right in front of you and you really want to remember it. ditch the camera.
I'm not the person who will be shooting from song #1 .. Untill the final encore.

And then .. After memories are during after the gig.. Relive them by going through some photographs. With some kind of drink and snacks. Share them with others.

Sometimes I take tons of pics (but not from start to finish - just in special moments) and other times I force myself to keep my camera in the car and my phone in my pocket.

Wanna hear something dumb? When the album came out I was all "meh" but now that I get to see them in one week, I'm enjoying it so much more. :reject:

I was leaning more towards that too Zooey. :wave: I'm liking some the songs more after hearing them start to play them live.

Not Raised By Wolves though. :wink: I still really do not like that song.

And I'm with you domo on the picture taking. Mostly I just love taking pics so I always am taking them anywhere I go. However I also do know when not to take them. Most my concert shots were not close-ups. When Bono or Edge were in my face when I was on the rail, I was not going to raise the camera. :drool:

I took nearly 100 photos last summer when I took my son to see the tribute Elevation. We were right against the elastic barricade and I remember every detail. Then again, the fact that a good portion of the show was done in a downpour may have helped. (I ended up having to delete a bunch of pics afterwards because my phone's camera lens kept getting wet and making the pics blurry.)

I couldn't follow the live streaming but I watched the videos on youtube and :hyper::hyper: 2nd night I guess was even better! can't wait for September!!

I think its non-existent. Or we are not invited :wink:

Sometimes I take tons of pics (but not from start to finish - just in special moments) and other times I force myself to keep my camera in the car and my phone in my pocket.

Wanna hear something dumb? When the album came out I was all "meh" but now that I get to see them in one week, I'm enjoying it so much more. :reject:

YES! Timing is everything. You feel when its right, or you feel when its not the time to do so.

I completely understand your.. how do you call it... Sentiments (sorry if I'm wrong on that word I'm Dutch and occasionally black out at English)
on the new album. I had the same with No Line. I'm lucky I like this one more from the start.
No matter what, as you hear some songs live. Your opionion on them will change anyway :applaud: you might like em more , might like em less.

Either way where all exited for the tour right? Seeing our boys again :love:

I was leaning more towards that too Zooey. :wave: I'm liking some the songs more after hearing them start to play them live.

Not Raised By Wolves though. :wink: I still really do not like that song.

And I'm with you domo on the picture taking. Mostly I just love taking pics so I always am taking them anywhere I go. However I also do know when not to take them. Most my concert shots were not close-ups. When Bono or Edge were in my face when I was on the rail, I was not going to raise the camera. :drool:

Raised by wolves sounded good on the audio I heard from the first night. The second night :huh: Not so much. So indifferent about that one at the moment.

And heh :shifty: Yeah whenever I feel like anyone of the band is walking down to me.. I'd put down the camera too. Eye contact above all! And its rude to be putting a camera in the middle of their face. I'd take pics if they are a away. Gives you more candid kind of shots or shots of them interacting with the crowd.

Are they doing the awkward breathe wolf sounds live too? Because I'm okay with the album version, but that just turns me off completely. It would've been a good song without it. :crack:

:lol: So i'm not the only one!!!!!! I was on the train when I first heard it and I seriously thought someone was blowing their nose in a disgusting fashion!

I wonder why they're not playing Volcano though. I really like that one, ah well, it'll be this tour's Stand Up Comedy I guess. :( Begging to be played live, fun as hell, hated by Interference.

This year it will be my first time in GA so who knows how close I might be (though being indoor will help anyway) but if I should be very close to them I don't know if I'd be able to take a pic...I mean, like domo-kun said eye contact comes first! And sometimes you gotta live the moment in the old fashioned way, not through a lens...

Am I the only one in love with Raised by Wolves? I guess it might even be my favorite in the album :heart: but glad to see that lots of people are changing their minds on some songs after hearing them live...

@Galeongirl I'm waiting for Volcano too...that song is too great and cheerful not be played at a concert!:wink:

This year it will be my first time in GA so who knows how close I might be (though being indoor will help anyway) but if I should be very close to them I don't know if I'd be able to take a pic...I mean, like domo-kun said eye contact comes first! And sometimes you gotta live the moment in the old fashioned way, not through a lens...

Am I the only one in love with Raised by Wolves? I guess it might even be my favorite in the album :heart: but glad to see that lots of people are changing their minds on some songs after hearing them live...

@Galeongirl I'm waiting for Volcano too...that song is too great and cheerful not be played at a concert!:wink:

I really dig raised by wolves on the album. Cant be bothered by the intro. Its different and funny. They do the sniffing sound live yes. Bono's mic gets put on reverb and even the backing track had it. The live version gets a bit weird when the chorus starts.

And about you spot. I think arenas are pretty intimate and small. Wether you line up early or arrive just before the opening... You are going To have a good spot. If you are short like me.. You might want to try and get a rail spot..you wont regret it.

It's a private conversation thread, not a group. For some reason I'm unable to friend people lately! I see your photo but no option to 'request friend.' I'll pm you and CK both with my proper name. Heartland Edge, I accepted your friend request and can see you in my feed, but I have not seen you in tour discussion yet. Are you getting the messages?

Back
Top Bottom