PGP: We're the ghosts of love and we haunt this place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going back to the internet discussion, dazz and Clayton's Kitten are the only people I've heard of who don't have internet at home. It's pretty common in North America for everyone to have home internet, but from what I've heard from American friends and family, the "deals" there are pretty shitty. Canada has crazy expensive cell phone rates compared to the US, but our internet isn't horrible. I have a bundle deal with a landline phone, TV and internet all together, and it seems reasonably priced to me.

One of my co-workers is coming with me to the first U2 show, and she'd been on vacation for a few weeks and just got back on Friday. She was SO excited to talk to me about the show, so her excitement has caught on a bit with me. A little hard to believe the show is just over a week away! I'm attempting to remain as spoiler free as I can, but I wouldn't mind hearing about who the opening band is. Has anyone heard anything about that?

The trouble is that most home internet is provided by cable or satellite companies. Who either charge outrageous amounts for just internet service, or who bundle service (tv/dvr/internet/etc) at a low rate and then jack it up after a "promo" period. For a family like mine, where we live on one income (and a low one at that), it just isn't in the budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Kitten, I have friends who have had success by taking one of those introductory rates and, when the period ends, calling the company and bitching them out for punishing them for being loyal customers. "So, I've paid my bill regularly for a year and you are going to reward me by charging me MORE than some Jo Shmo off the street? I think I should get at least as good a rate, because I've already proven that I'm a good customer" ect, ect--and it worked!

She's not a newbie U2 fan - she's liked them for forever. I just found out she was a fan when the tour was announced. :) But, this IS her first concert ever. EVER! And she's 35! :lol: I hope her mind is suitably blown.

And thanks for the info. That's awesome! That means my nights might be much earlier! Haha. I live over an hour's drive away from the arena, so this is good news to me. #oldladywholikeshersleep

Ohh, if everything goes well for me I am going to my first U2 concert ever. If everything goes well means if they play Miami in 2016. I have been a fan for 10 years now. Never seen them live before. So my fingers are crossed. I am 21 :)

I actually found out yesterday that a college friend of mine , who happens to be my new colleague, LOVES U2. She didn't get tickets this leg. But is joining me on the next one. :applaud::applaud:

Yay for more U2 friends.
Actually found a fan living close to me. :lol: took me 6 years.

Yay for finding U2 fans nearby. I live in a small town and only have a couple friends that are as into U2 as Mr CK and I are. We're the only ones currently with tickets though. My one buddy wants to wait until next year and see if they do a stadium closer to us (like Cleveland or Pittsburgh) (his wife isnt a fan so she doesn't want to travel).

'Merica, where EVERYTHING has a price attached to it. :rolleyes:

Even the most basic of basic internet through the crappy cable co is $15 for service, plus a router rental fee ($8), a monthly connectivity fee, plus tax, plus whatever fee they decide to add in. That "advertised" price of $15 quickly turns into almost a $50 monthly bill. It's a huge scam but hey, 'Merica, right?

'Merica could use some improvements :angry:

She's not a newbie U2 fan - she's liked them for forever. I just found out she was a fan when the tour was announced. :) But, this IS her first concert ever. EVER! And she's 35! :lol: I hope her mind is suitably blown.

And thanks for the info. That's awesome! That means my nights might be much earlier! Haha. I live over an hour's drive away from the arena, so this is good news to me. #oldladywholikeshersleep

:hyper: hopefully she WILL be blown away! :D

good luck to u iharper!

and jeevey :( :hug: hopefully some magic will arrive to get you to your first, as well!

eh... my sis texted me about looking at an e-m she just sent me earlier today (we just saw each other yesterday) or calling her if i didn't get on-line

MOST of the time this would involve a 'time-sensitive item BUT on occasions it's Bad News of dome degree.... so :sigh: going to look now

she's doing good so i know it's not her And we did talk about something with a time issue

going to loook now

it was time sensitive news :relief:

OTOH>>>

it was to tell me U2 played in my (nyc) Subway system MOn! :angry:

AND fer chriss sake sakes they're playing Fallon on Fri and I didn't even know!!! :angry:

I Need a goddamn semi-cheap tablet :angry::angry::angry:

one Major reason i can't get net @home is much of what modest amount of extra $ I have a lot goes to Art supplies and also yarn supplies. and jewwelry making supplies

Yarn & Jewelry stuff is to make accessories to brighten up, sophisticate or fun up my plain low cost clothing.

Art supplies? I'm an artist :wink: :D

so a net or bundle package :( gets sacrificed for that stuff.

'Merica could use some improvements :angry:

Heck yes it could. :madwife:

they already recorded Fallon piece I think :hmm:

They taped their show on Monday, it will air here in the US on Friday. There will likely be clips online so hopefully everyone else will get to view it.

I don't get HBO so I'm screwed! I can't watch them when they are on there. ?

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

The documentary will likely be available for download and/or put on dvd. Just like From The Sky Down was. We don't even have cable, much less HBO.

Can someone link me to info about the documentary, or give me a rundown? And are people feeling sure MW is going to have the slide solo because of Edge's little dance, or why? I'm out of the loop. :(

Can someone link me to info about the documentary, or give me a rundown? And are people feeling sure MW is going to have the slide solo because of Edge's little dance, or why? I'm out of the loop. :(

The documentary was mentioned briefly in the NY Times article.

People who managed to see the vid before it mysteriously disappeared are noting that the wee Edge shuffle looked just like his slide solo "dance" from the PopMart days. Rumors and speculation, as usual.

The documentary will likely be available for download and/or put on dvd. Just like From The Sky Down was. We don't even have cable, much less HBO.

I hope so and when it becomes available for download let us know pretty please with a cherry on top? ?

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Not my fault you live on the other side of the frickin' country in the middle of nowhere! :grumpy:

Can say what you like but its a pretty, if not the prettiest part of the country. :drool: Especially nature wise.

Anyone know if the Late Show has a live stream? My kiddoes are gone tonight and I'm thinking of watching it like a big girl.

Back
Top Bottom