PGP: We're the ghosts of love and we haunt this place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude... they are lightyears behind in the EDM scene. And that's the proof lol.

I started to watch this, and it appeared to be The Troubles, not EBW. Does it switch partway through, or is it a film called Every Breaking Wave that's soundtracked with The Troubles?!

Okay, watched it. Wow.

I really like the format it's posted in. It made me really anxious not to be able to see how long it was and how much time was left!! I never realized how much that info influences the way I watch stuff online, but I was a wreck without knowing it!

Okay, watched it. Wow.

I really like the format it's posted in. It made me really anxious not to be able to see how long it was and how much time was left!! I never realized how much that info influences the way I watch stuff online, but I was a wreck without knowing it!

Yeah, as much as the still shots and teasers are KILLING me, I'm stuck waiting until Sat to watch it on library wifi. Everyone seems to be saying good things tho, so that's a plus. Anyone know how long it is, actually?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm about to go very, very Dutch on this thread.

:sigh: Seems like I"m going to have to replace my bike. And I hate it.

Had this one for over 7 years now. It was a second hand as I don't get new bikes since they are expensive as heck and get stolen at the train station anyway, yet it worked perfectly save for some minor fixes over the years. Now the back tire is near death, but that's not too expensive to get replaced.. if only the back gears weren't messed up as heck either. I tried to fix that today by shortening my chain and cleaning the gearwheels, but it didn't make a difference. So basically fixing it will be way more expensive than getting a new second hand. :sad:

:lol: Kinda stupid how attached I am to my bike. Then again, I use it practically every day.

/dutch moment over

I loved my first and only mountain bike until someone stole it, had it for 5 years. Should´ve locked it. :(

Why did you not lock it? :uhoh: Here it's common to use two bike locks, especially near the train stations. Not in smaller towns though, but in the cities you gotta make sure it stays where you left it.

we dont lock things here, we trust people

My front door isnt locked, neither are my neighbours

Me and people around my age are starting to lock things up, but thats just fucking sad.........

not locking but the need to lock up things :(

Good old days man, good old days. Can't even imagine what that's like. Guess it's one of the downsides of living in a huge city. It always baffles me in movies where they never even lock the door or whatever. Or in US sitcoms they just walk in each others appartment like there ar eno locks. :lol: Here when a front door closes, it's unopenable from the outside even without a lock.

My dad locks everything. Even when my mom wants fresh air from outside and the backdoor is opened, he'll go and close it. They argue about that for 5 mins. :crack:

+ 1 for living in the middle of nowhere for a long time. It WAS the same there.
you could throw your bike anywhere in the village and no one would bother it.
Locks? Nope.

Now, not so much anymore. :|

Well if it's cold, we close the back door here too. If it's warm outside, it's often open whenever someone is downstairs. If we go upstairs or outside, door's locked. Our garden door doesn't have a lock but whenver we're inside we have a jamming mechanism so it's unopenable anyway.

:sigh: My bike just gave up and crashed completely today, I had to walk back from work for most of the way. Bugger. Have an appointment with a guy from the Dutch craigslist tomorrow evening, hope his bike is decent so I can buy it. I really, really need a bike. :lol: It's probably weird to hear for the Americans, but my mum and I do everything by bike here. Getting groceries, going to work, going to the train to get to uni, meeting friends, you name it. We have one car but my dad takes that to work so we only have it around at night or on sundays.

I was surprised to see that in Denmark and Sweden it was pretty similar to us. :) Lots of bikes all around. Figures Finland has it too. :D Good habit.

:D Aaand we got a new bike. Well it's a manyth hand as usual, but the guy selling it was a repairman. Rode it home right away, so much smoothness compared to my ancient old bikey. :love:

Did switch the saddle for my own though. :D Much more comfy.

Hi, all. It's been SOOOO snowy here! Hope everyone is managing winter well?

yeah i'll bet :hug:

:sigh: blah winter blahs :(

if i had easier transportation alternatives in the nastier parts parts
of winter I'll be much better! :)

My usual trans is walking 8 blocks down (about 1/3+ of a mile)
on mostly hills to the elevated subway train (3 flights up)

And in decent weather its usually good. :)
BUT in Winter snow/ice part of the downhill walk is by the backs of apt buildings where they often DON'T clear for 2 or so days after the storm.
It is too dangerous at times to do so esp if i'm extra tired.
I do walk in the downhill street IF it's clear enough to not be in the way of the cars.

OR I wait for a bus 2 blocks away BUT if i miss it it only arrives 2xs an Hour in Non-rush hours! :sigh: so i rarely wait in really cold or even light snow.

the alternative is even longer just to get into Manhattan for certain west-side subways and i have to walk up 7 blocks for that to even bet a bus into Manhattan.

SATY SAFE, jeevey! :hug:

10387226_507112826095538_2689855103712743524_n_zps0860d8c6.jpg

I found this photo yesterday and couldn't figure out where to post it. I hope it's okay to post it here. It's so cute not to share with all of you. :cute::reject:

Back
Top Bottom