PGP - we're just skanking it up on the GA rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the one good Larry pic I got. :D

239.jpg

Yeah, I had my camera on burst mode, so I just pointed the camera and pressed down on the shutter and hoped for the best. :lol: In this case, only one of the shots worked. :D

the funny thing about CS or burst is
when you hold the pic review button down they as pass by quickly and look like a little movie! :hyper::love:

Yup! :lol: Most of mine are just one long streams of blurs. I really need to figure out if there's a motion setting on the camera, because that might work better. They go by SO quickly! :lol:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

BTW, the lesson I learned earlier is that you should never hold a baby while watching a man you want to :censored: play guitar. It confuses your uterus.

:lmao: also!!

Yeah, I had my camera on burst mode, so I just pointed the camera and pressed down on the shutter and hoped for the best. :lol: In this case, only one of the shots worked. :D

My old camera had that, I got some decent shots at the Vertigo gig with it... but for some reason I can't find that setting on the camera I have now. :scratch: I would have thought it'd be standard these days... will have to dig through the manual. I have SO many blurry shots from the 360 shows... although this one came out okay.

PC030158sml.jpg

He gave the group of fans I was in a smile when he played in front of us... :love: I think he appreciated the fact that we didn't all have our cameras in the air at that moment, and we were actually jumping around and going crazy, like the song says. *L*

Hi Ali! :)

I mostly just enjoyed the show, instead of taking pictures. :love:

Yeah, I tried to stop myself taking too many pics, and just enjoy the gigs too. I don't know why it's so hard to do that sometimes!

Although I will never be able to be a railskank due to my arthritic knees :sad:, I am there in spirit will y'all, even though I may be up in the third-level seats!

Aww... Shame about your knees! I've done GA for all my U2 gigs, but never been on the front rail. (Yet!)

Hi all. :wave:

Dear Gods, did this blow up while i was away. We went to visit my friend and her daughter. She's my U2 buddy. I still had a hard time telling her the truth about Bono. :reject:

Are Romi's pictures in the tour thread, cause I'm running there now.

Also, can I be a Railskank if it happened on previous tours? In so, I was skankalicious for Zoo TV, Elevation and Vertigo. I am a Pit Whore for 360.

Funny note, I'm talking with my U2 counterpart (she's all Edge and Adam and I'm Bono and Larry - we make a good team :D ) about strategy for Moncton and getting early. My husband was very dismayed about the plan to go to the Hippodrome late morning. :huh:

Thanks, Ali--I would love to, but there's no way in hell I could stand that long. As my Uncle Howard used to say, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies." :heart:

True enough, that!

Have you seen any 360 shows yet? You'll have a great time wherever you are. :up:

Also, can I be a Railskank if it happened on previous tours? In so, I was skankalicious for Zoo TV, Elevation and Vertigo. I am a Pit Whore for 360.

Hey there! :wave:

That's a good point... I was technically on the rail for one of the Vertigo shows (cue jealousy that you saw ZooTV!), although it was on Edge's B-stage and not at the fronty-front. :hmm:

True enough, that!

Have you seen any 360 shows yet? You'll have a great time wherever you are. :up:

Hey there! :wave:

That's a good point... I was technically on the rail for one of the Vertigo shows (cue jealousy that you saw ZooTV!), although it was on Edge's B-stage and not at the fronty-front. :hmm:

We had the worst seats in the house for Zoo TV - Inside Broadcast. That tour they did something called 'ticket upgrade'. If you were last row behind the stage, you had opportunity to swap your shit tickets for the 1st 10 rows. I skipped class (college) and got the tickets from my friends mom. We went down the venue and I was the very first person to show up. The woman looked at my tickets and said, "I think you get front row." I collapsed right there. Sure enough, I was front row center in front of Bono.

We had the worst seats in the house for Zoo TV - Inside Broadcast. That tour they did something called 'ticket upgrade'. If you were last row behind the stage, you had opportunity to swap your shit tickets for the 1st 10 rows. I skipped class (college) and got the tickets from my friends mom. We went down the venue and I was the very first person to show up. The woman looked at my tickets and said, "I think you get front row." I collapsed right there. Sure enough, I was front row center in front of Bono.

Wow, awesome!

By the way, I love your Alot. :giggle:

Yay new thread! :D

Hey DG! How goes things?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. I am officially jealous.

My seats for Zoo TV should have been amazing. Directly across from the stage, first row of actual seats after the field.

But no, there was a merchandise stand on the field in front of us that blocked our view. So lame.

And it's funny - while I remember the show, it's pretty vague. I'm pretty sure all my ZooTV memories are from watching the Sydney show and other footage.

It's kind of all the same, right? :wink:

Aha! I'd forgotten about the killing-it-with-cookies update. :lol: Plus I don't think we have that brand of cookies here...

Hey Ali, I'm doing alright. I received a facebook message from someone I would rather not have heard from, but other than that I'm OK. How's your Sunday afternoon going? :)

Bleh, boo for the downside of FB. :hug:

Sunday arvo so far has involved having breakfast at midday and sitting in front of the comp in my PJs, trying to do 15 things at once and failing at all of them. *L*

I have this horrible feeling that I'm going to have to be a MF adult and vacuum the house or do laundry or something today... :slant:

My seats for Zoo TV should have been amazing. Directly across from the stage, first row of actual seats after the field.

But no, there was a merchandise stand on the field in front of us that blocked our view. So lame.

And it's funny - while I remember the show, it's pretty vague. I'm pretty sure all my ZooTV memories are from watching the Sydney show and other footage.

Yeah, even though he was right in front of me - I barely remember it. I do remember having shitty floor seats for Outside Broadcast. I climbed over chairs to get to the second stage about the time Bono crawled into the audience for End of the World. I was right there and touched the thigh for a moment. But I've never met him.

Aw bummer! You so should have taken a bazooka to that thing. Cos that's totally a practical suggestion. :yes:

A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go to the Melbourne Zoo TV show with her... and I said "No". :doh: I was young and stupid and not a U2 fan back then... oh for a time machine! She was in crappy seats in the nosebleeds, but stilll. Sigh!

Hi all. :wave:

Dear Gods, did this blow up while i was away. We went to visit my friend and her daughter. She's my U2 buddy. I still had a hard time telling her the truth about Bono. :reject:

Are Romi's pictures in the tour thread, cause I'm running there now.

Funny note, I'm talking with my U2 counterpart (she's all Edge and Adam and I'm Bono and Larry - we make a good team :D ) about strategy for Moncton and getting early. My husband was very dismayed about the plan to go to the Hippodrome late morning. :huh:

Yes it doesn't matter where or when it happened once a railskank always a railskank :drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom