PGP: We're Hatching Some Plots & Scheming Some Schemes To Meet POur U2 Boys On Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not watched a single episode of Lost, but I want to watch the finale. I have to find out what the hell is going on. From the bits I've heard and read, it sounds like the craziest show ever.

Eta - Carlos :wave:

Jess, love the poster! (sorry I didn't mention it before, I'm really distracted.)

The sleep thing hasn't been *that* bad, it's just that because of pain, etc, Sarah's been up really late, and she keeps me up too. So, if I have to get up early, or if something wakes me up, no sleep.

She was walking to school March 14th, cutting through a parking lot, and she tripped over a curb. We were actually on the phone at the time, too.

I'll PM or e-mail the details so I don't bore everyone.

Sorry for the delay, got a phone call. My phone never seems to stop, these days.

No worries! If anyone's distracted...it's usually me, suddenly disappearing all the time.

And ouch. :( That must have hurt like hell.

I'm sure it's a pretty complex process....but how do you get the image all stylized like that? it's nifty.

You have to cut the Lardence out, duplicate him four times, adjust the brightness and contrast, erase the white and fill the black, then layer the four Lardences from lightest to darkest. Voila.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild!!!!!!
:hug::heart::hug:

We're here at the same time! Zomg!

And we'll still see eachother, I'm sure! :hug:

Like I said earlier, Boi's dad had spinal surgery done...and while I don't know if he's 100% now, he seems to be back on his feet and up to no good. And no longer in pain, apparently. And this was all in a matter of 2...maybe 3 weeks?

You have to cut the Lardence out, duplicate him four times, adjust the brightness and contrast, erase the white and fill the black, then layer the four Lardences from lightest to darkest. Voila.

You make it sound so easy. :nerd:

Some day, I'll have mad photoshopping skillz. Today is not that day...neither is tmrw...or next week, I'm guessing. heh

I'll have to try playing around with it some, one day. If the stars are properly aligned...I may even be successful!

You make it sound so easy. :nerd:

Some day, I'll have mad photoshopping skillz. Today is not that day...neither is tmrw...or next week, I'm guessing. heh

I'll have to try playing around with it some, one day. If the stars are properly aligned...I may even be successful!

I can write you an actual tutorial, if you'd like. Takes both Photoshop and Illustrator, so you'd need CS2 at least.

Loving your art as usual Jess :drool:

Bri & VP :drool:

Hold me tight i so wanted to see you :scream: *clings*

:hug: Did you get travel insurance?

No worries! If anyone's distracted...it's usually me, suddenly disappearing all the time.

And ouch. :( That must have hurt like hell.

The phone cut out, I didn't even hear anything. Thought her battery went dead or the connection dropped. Tried to call her back, but nothing, then she called me back about 5 minutes later. It's like she was hyperventilating, kept saying that she felt like she was going to pass out. She said a "nice man" had helped her up and put her phone back together (she dropped it)...I talked her through it, told her to sip water and to put her head between her legs. The "nice man" drove her home while I freaked out. She called when she got to her place and said she thought it was just sprained, and for me not to rush there. Her roommate got her settled, put ice on it, and we IMed for the next couple of hours, then she finally told me to come and get her. As soon as I walked in and looked at it, I knew something was terribly wrong, the foot was at an unnatural angle, and there was a lump the size of a softball on her ankle.

She told me when she got home that she was pretty sure the "nice man" wouldn't attack her because he had his two small children with him...but that she didn't feel comfortable saying that to me in front of him. Thank god he was there. :heart:

Sorry, I guess I did end up boring the rest of you. :wink:

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild!!!!!!
:hug::heart::hug:

We're here at the same time! Zomg!

And we'll still see eachother, I'm sure! :hug:

Like I said earlier, Boi's dad had spinal surgery done...and while I don't know if he's 100% now, he seems to be back on his feet and up to no good. And no longer in pain, apparently. And this was all in a matter of 2...maybe 3 weeks?

My ex had the same surgery and he was up and about in two weeks. He should be back up to speed by the 27th, if that's truly what the new opening night will be.

Bri, Jess, not that I'm an expert or anything, but were these surgeries planned? I'm thinking that for it to be an emergency surgery just before the tour, it *had* to be done now, so it was probably fairly serious...otherwise, he would have put it off till the next break, and gotten through the next leg or two with meds/physio/whatever.

I'm beginning to wonder Bri,

What with the ash cloud, airline strikes and now Bono's back :sigh:

And i'd like to say the rumours that i caused it aren't true

Well, you are hot stuff. It's not your fault the earth got so excited it had to blow it's top....:sexywink:

Things will work out in the end, I'm sure. :hug:

On a totally and utterly unrelated note......what do you think of the new Olympic mascots for London 2012???

I can write you an actual tutorial, if you'd like. Takes both Photoshop and Illustrator, so you'd need CS2 at least.

Awww, really? You're so sweet. :hug: I'd really appreciate it....there's absolutely no rush, of course. I just like trying to learn how to use it and stuff. But I usually just end up fuddling around :reject:. I'd love to be able to learn how to actually do something cool!

I just looked, and apparently I have CS3 ( it's bootleg :shh: )...i imagine I have illustrator too?

Well, you are hot stuff. It's not your fault the earth got so excited it had to blow it's top....:sexywink:

Things will work out in the end, I'm sure. :hug:

On a totally and utterly unrelated note......what do you think of the new Olympic mascots for London 2012???

I hope so cos you owes me a big hug , no more 5 millisecond crap :angry:

I like them, i think the kids will love them and feel more involved.

I have to pay in my council tax towards them (all Londoners do) although it doesn't give us benefits :mad:

Bri, Jess, not that I'm an expert or anything, but were these surgeries planned? I'm thinking that for it to be an emergency surgery just before the tour, it *had* to be done now, so it was probably fairly serious...otherwise, he would have put it off till the next break, and gotten through the next leg or two with meds/physio/whatever.

Fair point. Not a pleasant thought, but fair point. When I think of Bono in the hospital, I imagine him and Adam in his recovery room, Bono doped up on pain killers, and Adam just being Adam and both of them giggling at the name "Dr Wohlfahrt". :giggle:

VP you never bore me :flirt:

I have travel insurance will check if it covers my flights, as it's attached to the house insurance. Louanne booked them so they may be covered by her mastercard.

Fingers crossed for you, AND that if later dates need to be rescheduled, they'll be done at times that are convenient for you to travel. :hug:

Awww, really? You're so sweet. :hug: I'd really appreciate it....there's absolutely no rush, of course. I just like trying to learn how to use it and stuff. But I usually just end up fuddling around :reject:. I'd love to be able to learn how to actually do something cool!

I just looked, and apparently I have CS3 ( it's bootleg :shh: )...i imagine I have illustrator too?

Cool. I'll send you a PM with the picture I used (or you can use whatever picture you want) and the steps. It's kind of an involved process the first time you try it, but once you've done it once, it's easy-peasy.

Well, Boi's parents were in a bad car accident many years ago...and both of them have had serious back and neck issues since then. I don't know all the medical details...I just know that his dad was getting much worse, to being almost immobilized with pain. They were going to do surgery on his lower back...but then were told that doing the neck first may be the better route. And that's what they did. So I guess it was sorta planned....but according to those posts by Last Unicorn....Bono's been having issues for at least a week or two....so maybe he too had surgery planned...and it just got moved up because the pain got much worse or something?

I guess all we can do is speculate until we have more info. Or if we ever have more info.

Also, dinner calls.
I gotta run girlies. :hug:s

I'll try to pop in again later tonight!

Cool. I'll send you a PM with the picture I used (or you can use whatever picture you want) and the steps. It's kind of an involved process the first time you try it, but once you've done it once, it's easy-peasy.

You're awesome! :love:

I would give you cookies...but they'd prob be stale (or..I'd eat em :shifty: ) long before they ever reached you.

Fair point. Not a pleasant thought, but fair point. When I think of Bono in the hospital, I imagine him and Adam in his recovery room, Bono doped up on pain killers, and Adam just being Adam and both of them giggling at the name "Dr Wohlfahrt". :giggle:

:lol:

I wish they had announced what kind of surgery it was. Then at least we'd know how feasible the rest of the leg is.

Well, Boi's parents were in a bad car accident many years ago...and both of them have had serious back and neck issues since then. I don't know all the medical details...I just know that his dad was getting much worse, to being almost immobilized with pain. They were going to do surgery on his lower back...but then were told that doing the neck first may be the better route. And that's what they did. So I guess it was sorta planned....but according to those posts by Last Unicorn....Bono's been having issues for at least a week or two....so maybe he too had surgery planned...and it just got moved up because the pain got much worse or something?

I guess all we can do is speculate until we have more info. Or if we ever have more info.

Also, dinner calls.
I gotta run girlies. :hug:s

I'll try to pop in again later tonight!

Wow, so he has even more surgery ahead of him? :(

Later! :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom