PGP: We're Hatching Some Plots & Scheming Some Schemes To Meet POur U2 Boys On Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:gah: is right!

I'm really bummed that my anaheim girly roadtrip is most likely cancelled. I'm worried about Bono - rock stars aren't supposed to get hurt/sick - they're ROCK STARS - SUPER HEROES! I want my rock stars invincible! (I jest)

Jess, I love that pic of him - what a badass!!

If Chicago is postponed, Wild, would you reschedule your trip or have to bag it? I guess that depends on what sort of deal the airlines are willing to cut you? One friend already called his airline - $100 to make changes for him.

And one positive thing about all of this - it brought Molly out of the woodworks :hug:

If Chicago is postponed, Wild, would you reschedule your trip or have to bag it? I guess that depends on what sort of deal the airlines are willing to cut you? One friend already called his airline - $100 to make changes for him.

And one positive thing about all of this - it brought Molly out of the woodworks :hug:

Depends on firstly when it's rescheduled and if i could get time off then if airline would change then.

If the gigs are delayed i will pray that my flight is cancelled due to the airline strike,they reschedule you for nothing then

:gah: is right!

I'm really bummed that my anaheim girly roadtrip is most likely cancelled. I'm worried about Bono - rock stars aren't supposed to get hurt/sick - they're ROCK STARS - SUPER HEROES! I want my rock stars invincible! (I jest)
*points to Larry poster* :giggle:

Jess, I love that pic of him - what a badass!!
Me too. There's three pics of him I really want to use. Maybe I'll find a way to incorporate all three.
THIS!!! :hug: :happydance:

Last rumour on Twitter is that some of the SLC crew were telling people first show may now be Minneapolis...

I haven't booked my flight/hotel for there yet - was going to do that this weekend - but I'm thinking I'll hold off till the official announcement on Monday. I will, however, be adding cancellation insurance to my Edmonton flight tonight or tomorrow, just in case :wink: (I hadn't booked my Edmonton hotel yet either...)

I'm not upset by the tour being postponed. Bono's health is what matters most. In fact, I'm a little relieved. I've got some more time to get ready for it. I was freaking out hard last night. Had a massive panic attack. Almost sold my ticket.

I'm not upset either....I would worry if he decided to run full steam ahead! :hug:

I'm a little relieved in another way.....I'm thinking about not seeing them in July. I just don't have enough money for a ticket and I didn't like hiking all those stairs at Solider Field in September...amoung other things.

I'm sorry if I can't see most of you in Chicago :sigh:

*points to Larry poster* :giggle:

Me too. There's three pics of him I really want to use. Maybe I'll find a way to incorporate all three.
THIS!!! :hug: :happydance:

thanks you guys!! I plan on being around more often, now that I've put my toe back in the water. :hug::hug:

I know that many spinal surgeries are much more advanced with shorter recovery times than they were years ago, but I'm not sure that jumping around on a stage that soon after would be advisable. Fingers crossed for the best - his recovery is the most important thing.

I know that many spinal surgeries are much more advanced with shorter recovery times than they were years ago, but I'm not sure that jumping around on a stage that soon after would be advisable. Fingers crossed for the best - his recovery is the most important thing.

Holy toledo! DG just IMed me the news.
I really hope it's nothing too crazy serious. Of course, I know there are plenty of nurses of available for Bman. :wink:

On the bright side, Boi's dad had a pretty major spinal surgery done on his neck a few weeks back. He was out of the hospital approx a day later...and then his mom told me a week or so after that he was up and about and trying to go back to work!!
And apparently in no pain. Now maybe he's some crazy fluke.....but it leaves promise that perhaps it won't impact the entire leg.

I also know from Boi's experience that moving flights around shouldn't be too crazy...they usually just charge a fee. I think that's a fairly general policy for the airline industry?
In any case, it sucks for peeps with plans. :hug:

Could anyone point me in the direction of good collections/threads of Bono pictures (80's 90's 00's 2010's, big, small, Black & White, colour or psychadelic doesn't matter)? I felt a sudden urge to create another one of those mosaics, so I thought I'd ask the pro's ;)

Fancy meeting you here, my dear. :flirt:
How's life on the other side of the bay?

I just got home from doing some small chores at my grandparents place. Nothing too crazy....I managed to not get sunburned :happy:
Tutoring has got me on my toes these last few weeks, however. Extra sessions, canceled sessions, rescheduling....:panic: I thought I was going to go crazy the other week.
How is Sarah's leg?
Oh! I read that fundraiser thing went awesome! I'm so glad...and it sounded like a lot of fun too. :heart: I've been meaning to ask if you could send me that press release when you have a chance? I'd be interested to read it.

I don't know how busy the picture threads in pleba get now-a-days...but 3 or 4 years ago, your average moobday thread and such would be pretty well stocked. So maybe check the archives?

If I could remember all my pb accounts I would just send you there, I've got folders overflowing with pictures. heh :reject:

Could anyone point me in the direction of good collections/threads of Bono pictures (80's 90's 00's 2010's, big, small, Black & White, colour or psychadelic doesn't matter)? I felt a sudden urge to create another one of those mosaics, so I thought I'd ask the pro's ;)

Revised it a little:

LarryPoster2.png

I don't know how busy the picture threads in pleba get now-a-days...but 3 or 4 years ago, your average moobday thread and such would be pretty well stocked. So maybe check the archives?

If I could remember all my pb accounts I would just send you there, I've got folders overflowing with pictures. heh :reject:

Thanks, I'll see what I can find!
:wave:

Fancy meeting you here, my dear. :flirt:
How's life on the other side of the bay?

I just got home from doing some small chores at my grandparents place. Nothing too crazy....I managed to not get sunburned :happy:
Tutoring has got me on my toes these last few weeks, however. Extra sessions, canceled sessions, rescheduling....:panic: I thought I was going to go crazy the other week.
How is Sarah's leg?
Oh! I read that fundraiser thing went awesome! I'm so glad...and it sounded like a lot of fun too. :heart: I've been meaning to ask if you could send me that press release when you have a chance? I'd be interested to read it.

Oh sure, I'll send it to you as soon as I finish this!

This week has been...hectic and frustrating, to say the least. PMS/rage issues. You know. :wink: Finally got a decent night's sleep last night though, so I'm feeling better. Sounds like you've been busy, too! Sunburn? It's cloudy here. It's like every 5 minutes, they change the forecast this weekend from sun to rain and then back again. Make up your mind, mother nature!

Sarah's leg...I posted earlier in the thread (or the end of last one)...she had an appt with the ortho surgeon on Monday. The xray shows that it's healing, but still not completely healed. She's still in her cast, still on crutches, and just starting to put light pressure on it now (it was 9 weeks on Monday). He said for her to start physio (got an appt for next Thurs), they'll start her off walking in the cast, then strength and flexibility exercises, and then they'll decide when she can start walking without it. She goes back to the doctor in 4 weeks.

All together, we'd make a pretty hardcore spy network. :shifty:

I'm quite glad about the yacht pictures because Bono doesn't look too good or happy in these photos. He looks more like he's in pain. I don't want to start any rumours but there's talk on the German U2 board that he was flown in from Germany where he had treatment for his bad back. Someone is saying that Bono was seen on the Munich airport and that he looked very much in pain and could hardly walk on his own. Not really good news so close to the tour start. That would also explain the serious face on his birthday - apart from the fact that they went to a memorial service.

I also hope it's just a rumour, but some fans say he has been seen in Munich several times because he's obviously in treatment at a German doctor, who's also the doctor of the Munich football team and he's treated Bono before, during the Vertigo tour to be exact. I really don't know how much of the story is true but I sure hope he's fine. He's been having troubles with his back for many years now and he's not getting younger, but under a lot of stress.

Nevertheless, the doc has also treated LARRY for his back problems and he is even mentioned in the "thank you section" of U2 by U2. (under: Larry would like to thank: "Dr Muller Wolfhart") So it's a fact that U2 are in contact with a doctor in Munich...
well, but I guess we won't know for sure if Bono was really in Munich this week, anytime soon! :scratch:

Oh sure, I'll send it to you as soon as I finish this!

This week has been...hectic and frustrating, to say the least. PMS/rage issues. You know. :wink: Finally got a decent night's sleep last night though, so I'm feeling better. Sounds like you've been busy, too! Sunburn? It's cloudy here. It's like every 5 minutes, they change the forecast this weekend from sun to rain and then back again. Make up your mind, mother nature!

Sarah's leg...I posted earlier in the thread (or the end of last one)...she had an appt with the ortho surgeon on Monday. The xray shows that it's healing, but still not completely healed. She's still in her cast, still on crutches, and just starting to put light pressure on it now (it was 9 weeks on Monday). He said for her to start physio (got an appt for next Thurs), they'll start her off walking in the cast, then strength and flexibility exercises, and then they'll decide when she can start walking without it. She goes back to the doctor in 4 weeks.

Merci beaucoup.

Heh...while it may not be my week, I can totally sympathize with the rage/pms issues. Fun times! :happy:

Are you having sleep issues again? I know you were many weeks back...and given everything you're constantly dealing with, I'm not surprised. I'm glad you slept well last night, at least.

And the weather is ridiculous...it's all over the place these days. Altho, we've had some pretty awesome sunny days :drool:

Aww, poor Sarah. It just sucks so bad. At least things are progressing....was it supposed to take this long to heal? aka was she supposed to be in the cast this long? :hug:
How did it happen tho? I can't recall. :reject:

Merci beaucoup.

Heh...while it may not be my week, I can totally sympathize with the rage/pms issues. Fun times! :happy:

Are you having sleep issues again? I know you were many weeks back...and given everything you're constantly dealing with, I'm not surprised. I'm glad you slept well last night, at least.

And the weather is ridiculous...it's all over the place these days. Altho, we've had some pretty awesome sunny days :drool:

Aww, poor Sarah. It just sucks so bad. At least things are progressing....was it supposed to take this long to heal? aka was she supposed to be in the cast this long? :hug:
How did it happen tho? I can't recall. :reject:

Eta - Carlos :wave:

Jess, love the poster! (sorry I didn't mention it before, I'm really distracted.)

The sleep thing hasn't been *that* bad, it's just that because of pain, etc, Sarah's been up really late, and she keeps me up too. So, if I have to get up early, or if something wakes me up, no sleep.

She was walking to school March 15th, cutting through a parking lot, and she tripped over a curb. We were actually on the phone at the time, too.

I'll PM or e-mail the details so I don't bore everyone.

Sorry for the delay, got a phone call. My phone never seems to stop, these days.

Back
Top Bottom