PGP: We're Dancing in the Crystal Ballroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

oh, c'monnnn CK there's NO Sno or ice on the ground yet!!

He's been bycyling in CPfor years now! :D

glad we might see more of you CK! :yes:

There's been snow here for a week. Heck, some of the local schools have already had a snow day!

And yeah, I should hopefully be around more. I miss this place!! :grouphug:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Hey Dazzled :wave: :hug: Saw your hello in the other thread - how are you?

VP!

Found out some extremely important glorious news about 3 weeks ago that really opens up the next for years for me re making art stuff to sell.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

It took me 3 years of procrastination and serious compartmentalization to finally inquire about (serious anxiety most likely would have happened if i hadn't gotten the answer I hoped for) my future as related to this uber major issue.

IF you don't mind I'll send you a PM over the next several days. I can seriously still w00000t! about it! :hyper:

Still struggling with organize/cleaning my apt. One aspect is the more I get involved in my art esp new ideas/ materials etc the amount of stuff increases! Being careful to toss some stuff out to make some room! and buying more storage rolly bins etc

I have had some great & fun times in between but the anxiety on that issue really dragged me down the last few months at times.

SO what up's w you?
Same job? Some good times I hope, too! A few cool concerts as well?
Any school related stuff?

How's Sara?
Hope you all are well!
:hug:

Please PM me or answer here! WHEN you have time

There's been snow here for a week. Heck, some of the local schools have already had a snow day!

And yeah, I should hopefully be around more. I miss this place!! :grouphug:

uck sorry to hear that CK!

Of course,what I Meant was-

"There's no snow here in NYC yet!"

Man, poor folks in Buffalo! :ohmy:

VP!

Found out some extremely important glorious news about 3 weeks ago that really opens up the next for years for me re making art stuff to sell.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

It took me 3 years of procrastination and serious compartmentalization to finally inquire about (serious anxiety most likely would have happened if i hadn't gotten the answer I hoped for) my future as related to this uber major issue.

IF you don't mind I'll send you a PM over the next several days. I can seriously still w00000t! about it! :hyper:

Still struggling with organize/cleaning my apt. One aspect is the more I get involved in my art esp new ideas/ materials etc the amount of stuff increases! Being careful to toss some stuff out to make some room! and buying more storage rolly bins etc

I have had some great & fun times in between but the anxiety on that issue really dragged me down the last few months at times.

SO what up's w you?
Same job? Some good times I hope, too! A few cool concerts as well?
Any school related stuff?

How's Sara?
Hope you all are well!
:hug:

Please PM me or answer here! WHEN you have time

Dazzled, I'm not premium anymore, and my inbox is full, so can you email me your news? Do you still have my email address? It's the same. I think you did email me about a year or so ago, but work was busy, and I forgot to reply...sorry. :reject: Glad to hear about your art though, and looking forward to hearing more about it!

I'm still at the same place, but I'm doing a bit of a different job. Got a promotion about a year and a half ago - still working in contests, but my main role now is the legal end of things - writing rules and other legal documents, and working very closely with our legal firm. I also was put in charge of a few major accounts, and so I do a lot of client service work...so, mostly advising and doing things to get contests off the ground, as opposed to administrative work, once they're running. Since the beginning of this year, I've also gone out to visit clients with some of our sales staff, and I give presentations about the sort of work we do. It's almost always very busy and stressful - a lot of deadlines, and juggling 20 different things at once and long hours, but I also really like it a lot more than what I was doing before.

Sarah is great, thanks! She's in grad school now, getting her PhD! In a few years, she'll be Dr. Sarah. :) She loves what she's doing, and it's gratifying to see her on a career path that she loves. She's still in the same city she did her undergrad in, about an hour away, but she's at a different university. Nothing school related for me - she's picked up the torch for both of us. :) I don't even have the energy at the end of the day to think about doing something in the psych field. I'm still glad I got the degree though, it helped with writing and critical thinking skills, which are valuable in any career. And I think the fact that I have a degree helped me get the job in the first place.

Anyway, glad you're well, and I look forward to hearing from you. :hug:

Eta - oh, you asked about concerts, as well. I've been to a few this year, but not a ton. Two Arcade Fire shows, one in March, and one in August. They've moved up in my favourite band echelon, and are now just a hair below U2. Also saw an Owen Pallett solo show - he's one of the violinists for Arcade Fire. Sarah has been a huge fan of his solo work for years, and now I can see why...it was amazing. He usually plays solo, no band (although the show I saw, he did have a guitar player and drummer join him for maybe half the songs)...and he does this by playing a few bars on his violin, and then recording it with foot pedals, and then looping, and playing a new part, and then adding that to the mix, and so on. It's incredible the way he uses the instrument...even uses it for percussion sounds. And the format of the show was cool...it was in a theatre with a big stage and he had a mini stage set up on the big stage, and all the concert seating was tables that were on the main stage around his mini stage. We were literally 6 feet from him, at our table. It was really cool and intimate and a great experience. Let's see...also saw Steely Dan this summer, with my brother's best friend. Not sure if I've mentioned him? He's a Steely Dan fanboy. Third time we've seen them. A few weeks ago, Sarah and I saw Chrissie Hynde and the quasi-Pretenders. That was a great show, too. I've loved her since I was 12, and it was my first time seeing her. She's always been my female rock hero. Next month we're seeing Book of Mormon, excited for that! Then nothing in the works till next November, when we have floor tickets for The Who...annoyed that we had to buy tickets A FUCKING YEAR AHEAD OF TIME, but super excited for the show, I love The Who. Was all geared up to buy U2 tickets soon, but then stupid Bono had to fall off of his stupid bike. :wink:

Eta - not sure what it says about me that I wrote more about concerts than I did about Sarah and myself, haha.

uck sorry to hear that CK!

Of course,what I Meant was-

"There's no snow here in NYC yet!"

Man, poor folks in Buffalo! :ohmy:

Yeah. They have more snow in a few days than we usually get in a year!!! I dont envy them one bit! Worst bit is that now they're worried about flooding as things melt. Poor Buffalo!!!

Yeah. They have more snow in a few days than we usually get in a year!!! I dont envy them one bit! Worst bit is that now they're worried about flooding as things melt. Poor Buffalo!!!

Hey CK, how are you? :)

We are actually really close to Buffalo, only an hour away. And my workplace has an office and warehouse in Buffalo. Things have been brutal there. 7 - 10 feet of snow in 2 or 3 days? Can't. Even. Imagine. :crack: We've gotten quite a bit too, probably 8 - 10 inches, but fortunately (for us, not Buffalo) the winds weren't blowing in the right direction for it to hit us the way it hit Buffalo.

was out hiking in woods for few hours, came back same route and tracks on snow showed that few wolves were trailing me and doggy, curious buggers :lol:

nah, bears and wolves stay away if you make a bit of noise, they are just curious, more or less after doggy ;) and waiting me to break a leg or something :D

True, and they are probably not very hungry there as there's plenty of food.

I wonder if dogs and wolves recognise each other as family, by their scent or something. :hmm: Since they are pretty closely related.

^ Same kind of body language and instinct (altough domestics are usually a bit slow and mellow :p *coughgoldies*, so yeah.
I think they would at least think "Hey I understand that that blonde"

bears evolve

IoBrfS3.jpg

:lol:

Ohmy.

Will warn all pork chops, sausages and bratwurst then.

:wave::hug:

VP

i think i still have your e-m addy will e-m u if not this up coming week then next

AH... as I was reading your work stuff I was wwondering IF you were enjoying this aspect more and I see you afre! yay!

Oh wow gooooo, Sarah! :cheer:

gotta run end of dasy at Art

talk to you soon :wave:

and cool concerts :hyper:

glad you'll be seeing The Who again!

Any Bono updates? Is he out of the hospital yet even? I'll bet he's pretty peeved about the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Would be nice to get one of those video updates from Edge or Larry or Adam in that case.. Like last time.
He's probably going to be fine anyway. But it would be nice to know whats gonna happen in the next few months.

well

i would have kind of surprised if it had taken a lesser amount of time
since it involved both his arm & shoulder....

hopefully the orbital fracture is not to difficult to heal up...there's no eye damage!

(and hopefully the helmet prevented any neural damage! :crack: )

anyway hi peeps!:wave:

JJ the bear on the tree "ledge". :lol:

wolves....curious, huh? :ohmy:

i do have a lot of respect for them, tho. Amazing social animals.

Back
Top Bottom