PGP-we're blushing RED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:

For the first time in a long time, I felt good about myself when I lost that weight. And to gain it all back when I'm eating healthier than ever all because of the hormones in the insulin I take is very frustrating. I've seriously considered just skipping the insulin to try to lose the weight.

Please DO NOT jeopardize your health just to look "good"! You look great the way you are!! :hug:

daygloeyes2 said:

I thought it would be hard taking care of two pups at once but it really isn't. And it might be better for her to have a sibling. :)

Knowing my luck they'd come into season at the same time :yikes:

Keeping Alfie away would be a nightmare :lol:

She has takers for 8 puppies so i can't really have her, but maybe next year :shifty: when she has another puppy unless there's a little Wild/NI on the way :wink:

daygloeyes2 said:

For the first time in a long time, I felt good about myself when I lost that weight. And to gain it all back when I'm eating healthier than ever all because of the hormones in the insulin I take is very frustrating. I've seriously considered just skipping the insulin to try to lose the weight.

Please please promise me that you won't do that. You are a beautiful person and your health is so important.

sami0201 said:

Please DO NOT jeopardize your health just to look "good"! You look great the way you are!! :hug:

I know how dangerous it is. And I don't want to do it because if I do, I'll feel just as awful as I did before I was diagnosed. But I don't know what to do. I can't do low-carb because I need the carbs or my blood sugar gets low. And if I skip a meal, the same thing happens. Even at breakfast, when I'm usually not hungry I have to force myself to eat or I'll get low in an hour or two. I eat healthy and exercise but the scale still goes up! I'm at my wits end with this. :| :sigh:

daygloeyes2 said:

I know how dangerous it is. And I don't want to do it because if I do, I'll feel just as awful as I did before I was diagnosed. But I don't know what to do. I can't do low-carb because I need the carbs or my blood sugar gets low. And if I skip a meal, the same thing happens. Even at breakfast, when I'm usually not hungry I have to force myself to eat or I'll get low in an hour or two. I eat healthy and exercise but the scale still goes up! I'm at my wits end with this. :| :sigh:

Have you spoken to a doctor about it?

daygloeyes2 said:

Definitely don't do anything that could hurt you! From a girl who almost had an eating disorder when I was 13, 5 yrs ago, it's not worth it. If you eat healthy foods and a balanced diet and get exercise, the numbers on the scale won't matter. I was 5'4 and weighed about 105 lbs. That was WAY too thin. I looked sick in pics. I'm much more comfortable around 120. I hope u feel better soon!!:hug:

daygloeyes2 said:

Please don't do that...you might go into a coma if you do that! You are a lovely and healthy looking girl and I don't want to see anything bad happen to you! :hug:

I understand that you might gain weight cause of all the carbs you are eating normally....but at least you are alive :D :hug:

WildHoney said:

It's hard :ohmy:

I have to be careful to stick to the plan and introduce only what i'm allowed that week. The weight has stayed steady so i'm pleased.

It sounds so Irish that i've lost this only to put it back on when i get pregnant:huh:

It must be hard! But that's great. :up: :hug:

sami0201 said:

Have you spoken to a doctor about it?

I spoke to my endocrinologist about it. She told me that in recently diagnosed patients, it's common for weight gain to happen due to the hormones in insulin, but it regulates itself within a few months.

daygloeyes2 said:

Don't you get any support from your doctors?? Surely they can advise or the diabetic society/association should be able to help. I'm sure my mother in law got dietry information when she was diagnosed..

I'm sending you a great big hug right now..

Why's Boston so far away :grumpy: :sad:

daygloeyes2 said:

I spoke to my endocrinologist about it. She told me that in recently diagnosed patients, it's common for weight gain to happen due to the hormones in insulin, but it regulates itself within a few months.

Okay so you've just gotta stick it out for a while. :hug:

DG, pay no attention to your scale :no: If you exercise, you will gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the number on the scale means little in terms of how fit you are. If you take care of yourself, you'll look and feel better in your clothes. It will come :yes:

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm sure that once you body gets used to it , it'll sort itself out.

NEVER FORGET we love you for you, not your dress size.

Before I got sick, I was 157 lbs. After I got sick, I lost 20 lbs in a month and dropped to 135. I looked awful. :yikes: I gained the weight back I was supposed to, but about 20 lbs in addition to that. Now I'm up to the 180's. :sigh:

kafrun said:
DG, pay no attention to your scale :no: If you exercise, you will gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the number on the scale means little in terms of how fit you are. If you take care of yourself, you'll look and feel better in your clothes. It will come :yes:

Absolutely! That's true for me. When I started doing weights and cardio instead of Pilates and cardio, I actually weighed more, I went from around 111 to around 120. I feel and look better, I must say, because I'm much more toned than I was before. You'll likely feel the same way!
You do look beautiful (I snooped around your profile), so feel good about yourself! My name is Brittany, by the way, we've never been properly introduced.

Currently Listening: "The Secret of Life"/Faith Hill

U2isthebest said:

Absolutely! That's true for me. When I started doing weights and cardio instead of Pilates and cardio, I actually weighed more, like 111 to 120. I feel and look better, I must say, because I'm much more toned than I was before. You'll likely feel the same way!
You do look beautiful (I snooped around your profile), so feel good about yourself! My name is Brittany, by the way, we've never been properly introduced.

Currently Listening: "The Secret of Life"/Faith Hill

It's not the exercise that's causing the weight gain though.

Actually we have. You friended me on myspace. :wink:

I agree with what everyone else has said, DG - you're beautiful just the way you are! It sounds like it's been very frustrating for you, but give it some time, and hopefully everything will level off and normalize for you really soon. :hug: :hug:

Bye Sami :hug:

Thanks for your support girls :hug: It's just incredibly frustrating. I'm having one of my downer moments with this stupid thing. *kicks disease* :sigh:

daygloeyes2 said:

It's not the exercise that's causing the weight gain though.

Actually we have. You friended me on myspace. :wink:

I understand, I just meant if you do exercise and don't see much change that's likely the reason! Also, I'm sorry I added a a lot of PLEBANs to my Myspace. I thought I might have you already!! My mistake!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom