PGP-We'll be back next week and we'll bring you a t-shirt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're watching this travel show. The announcer says, "On the itinerary is a flight to Lake Titicaca." My mom goes, "Hahahahahaha he said titicaca." :heart:

Potty humour, ftw! :hi5: :giggle:

That lake name has always cracked me up. One of my uncle's album covers from the 80's was a picture of him sitting in this lake, and the picture always made me laugh. :lol:

Cara is awesome - I wish she updated her site more. I know she has an account here; she posts pretty infrequently.

Hoping to finally get to meet her at next summer's Seattle show.

I enjoy her stuff! :D

She's from Seattle? Sweet! I thought she lives in Portland, but I don't know where I got that info... :lol:

She used to be an east coaster and then moved to Portland a year or so ago. :)

Ugh, I just remembered my least favorite thing about setting the clocks back ... the sun streaming through our western-facing windows at work and blinding us all at this time of day for the next few months.

*gets up to go shut the blinds on 4 windows*

:| Was just looking at my ( older half ) sisters FB pics. She has 2 albums on her FB. One from when she graduated in 2008 ( she was a mature student). The other is titled family. Had a look through "Family" album. Her with hubby and kids and my half brother and his wife and kids, a few pics with our Dad and his wife. Pics from when they went to see family in South Africa. Not one with me in it. Wow. :| :crack:

Nice to feel wanted. :happy:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. :reject::lol:

:| Was just looking at my ( older half ) sisters FB pics. She has 2 albums on her FB. One from when she graduated in 2008 ( she was a mature student). The other is titled family. Had a look through "Family" album. Her with hubby and kids and my half brother and his wife and kids, a few pics with our Dad and his wife. Pics from when they went to see family in South Africa. Not one with me in it. Wow. :| :crack:

Nice to feel wanted. :happy:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. :reject::lol:

Maybe she doesn't want everyone to know her sister is hotter than she is? :shifty:

Was just looking at my ( older half ) sisters FB pics. She has 2 albums on her FB. One from when she graduated in 2008 ( she was a mature student). The other is titled family. Had a look through "Family" album. Her with hubby and kids and my half brother and his wife and kids, a few pics with our Dad and his wife. Pics from when they went to see family in South Africa. Not one with me in it. Wow.

Nice to feel wanted.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

:( :hug: I felt that way when I was looking through my half-sister's Boston album on facebook last year. She and her mom came to Boston. Never got a call, e-mail, or message that they would be in town. I mean, why would they call, last time I saw her was 1994. Not a lot of time had passed at all. :|

Maybe she doesn't want everyone to know her sister is hotter than she is? :shifty:

This.

:( :hug: I felt that way when I was looking through my half-sister's Boston album on facebook last year. She and her mom came to Boston. Never got a call, e-mail, or message that they would be in town. I mean, why would they call, last time I saw her was 1994. Not a lot of time had passed at all. :|

They should hook up with my family. :happy:

Meh families suck. :|:(:hug:

LMAO at the "Titicaca" thing, too. I can't hear that without thinking of "Beavis and Butt-head" :p.

Yay for parents induging in some immature humor now and again. My dad was like that, too. I inherited his sense of humor, which depending on what you find funny, may or may not be a good thing.

Oh and Angela sorry I forgot to answer about the ballet Jewels: It is an abstract ballet, so no story line.

Ah, I see. Hm. I may have to track down a clip somewhere sometime or something, see what it's like. It sounds interesting :). There are things I love about the town I live in, but I do wish we had a little more of a "cultural" aspect to us. Our big pride and joy is basically "The Music Man" and the Buddy Holly stuff. Which is fine in and of itself, fascinating things, both of them. Just...not much else beyond that.

National Novel Writing Month. Every November, a bunch of totally crazy people (myself included) attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.

Nanowrimo.org :D

Ahhhhhhh, okay, thanks! Wow. I'd love to do that, but I don't know if I could think of something big enough to write 50,000 words on. It's worth a try, though-maybe I'll get to thinking about it and join in.

There's supposed to be an author (regional, I believe) coming to the bookstore next weekend. I work next Saturday, if they're there when I'm working there I'm thinking I'll try and get some tips from them, 'cause I have an idea in mind for a book I'd really like to get written, I just need to know what would be the best way to go about getting it put together and what the best means of publishing it would be and stuff of that sort.

Angela I highly recommend Dexter, but definitely absolutely start with season one. One of the best single seasons of TV ever! And there is just so much you learn about him in that season that you just need to have to really get the show. That said, John Lithgow's season was outstanding. :up:

Will do :). Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

That's what I've heard about that season-didn't he win an award for it or something? Not at all surprising if he did.

True, it's afternoon. But it feels like morning. :wink: having a class at 9am from a boring professor who keeps talking about lasers and nobel prize winners for four hours doesn't really wake you up.. :yawn:

LOL, ooh, I've been there. I felt so bad for my World Civilizations teacher when I was in college-that class started at 9 am, too, and here he was trying to ask questions to the class and get them to engage in some discussion, and everyone's sitting there like this: :yawn:.

Maybe if Bono ever wins the Nobel Peace Prize that'll keep you awake :p.

Am playing guitar hero so will respond a bit slow..

Ooh, fun. I want to try that sometime simply because it has Muse songs. I would have loads of fun with those :D.

Can I get that in writing, please? :wink:

*Grabs pen and paper, writes statement, waits to get VP's address so she can send this note on*

It really does. I promise you it does. This year started off on a shitty note and got pretty horrible for some time for me, but things are slowly getting better in spots, so it does happen. It may seem like it takes forever sometimes to start seeing a turnaround, and the crap you have to get through to get there can be frustrating, but things do change. Just as the good stuff sadly can't last forever, happily, neither can the bad.

He just called and said it's the water pump, and will be around $250. There's more he should do, like replace the hoses because what happened today can wear them down, but he's just doing what absolutely needs to be done, because that car isn't far from the junk pile, anyway. I just need it to get me through till next spring. It'll be done tomorrow mid morning.

That's good that you're getting it taken care of. I know how sucky it is to go through the car stuff-my mom's van broke down a couple months ago, and my sister's car died not long after that, so now we are without a car and relying on the mercy of friends, cabs, public buses, and walking to get around where we want to go. It's working okay, but man, a car would really help... Especially in my sister's fiance's case, 'cause he works 45 minutes away from here and has to go in super early in the morning (5 am). We're working on it, though.

Good luck to your mom as well, hope everything goes well for her. I hope things begin to look up very soon for you :hug:.

Angela

I have a good relationship with my sister. Oh, sure, we've had our share of fights over the years, and we're so vastly different in our personalities, interests, etc., that it's not even funny, but we get along. My family's always been very close.

Hope your back feels better soon Zooey :hug:

Ditto. Meant to say that earlier :hug:. Maybe the race wore you out a bit (congrats on it, by the way, heard it went well :) :up: :applaud:).

I should be studying right now :shifty:

Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW :wink:!

Hope you get on it at some point :shame:. What is it you're supposed to be studying?

(I realize by asking this question I am adding to your putting off your studies. *Proceeds to :shame: myself*)

Angela

I have a good relationship with my sister. Oh, sure, we've had our share of fights over the years, and we're so vastly different in our personalities, interests, etc., that it's not even funny, but we get along. My family's always been very close.

Ditto. Meant to say that earlier :hug:. Maybe the race wore you out a bit (congrats on it, by the way, heard it went well :) :up: :applaud:).

Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW :wink:!

Hope you get on it at some point :shame:. What is it you're supposed to be studying?

(I realize by asking this question I am adding to your putting off your studies. *Proceeds to :shame: myself*)

Angela

:lol: :hi5:

I studied a few hours this weekend and about 4 hours this morning too. My exam isn't until 1 tomorrow so I can review tomorrow morning as well.

I'm studying for my History of Britain class. It's one of my electives.

^ No need to be sorry. You do what you gotta do. :hug:

It just sucks big time because I was so looking forward to meeting you :hug:

I calculated the costs a few days ago and figured out that it would cost me waaaaay too much.

Plus I have other expenses, saving for my 2012 European trip, and I want to have extra money for other things as well. With all these trips, I never really have extra money for anything else.

Of course I'm thrilled to still have my other shows :D

Jem, sorry your family are fuckwads. :hug: :heart:

This. This SO much.

I love that PMing me requires two days notice. :lol:

:lol: I'm just sort of...out of it, these days. I'm thinking by then that I'll be less distracted. :fingerscrossed:

Good luck to your mom as well, hope everything goes well for her. I hope things begin to look up very soon for you :hug:.

Angela

Thanks so much. :hug:

That sucks about your car VP :hug:

You too. :kiss:

^ me too.
DG, aren't you doing Montreal/TO? Is VP?

I am. Sorry about your back. :(

Please don't hate me:

I have to give up Chicago :sad: Details posted on my Facebook.

What happened? :(

It just sucks big time because I was so looking forward to meeting you :hug:

I calculated the costs a few days ago and figured out that it would cost me waaaaay too much.

Plus I have other expenses, saving for my 2012 European trip, and I want to have extra money for other things as well. With all these trips, I never really have extra money for anything else.

Of course I'm thrilled to still have my other shows :D

Aw, sorry you had to nix that one. :hug: But you'll have a blast at your other shows, and IN EUROPE! :hyper:

With everything that's coming up for me, Chicago is becoming less and less likely too, but I'm going to wait till spring before I make a decision. Sorry Zooey. :( I'm really sad that I might not see you this tour. And I loved the city in '05 and both Sarah and I really want to go back.

Aw, sorry you had to nix that one. :hug: But you'll have a blast at your other shows, and IN EUROPE! :hyper:

With everything that's coming up for me, Chicago is becoming less and less likely too, but I'm going to wait till spring before I make a decision. Sorry Zooey. :( I'm really sad that I might not see you this tour. And I loved the city in '05 and both Sarah and I really want to go back.

I've been dreaming of this European trip for years and we've finally set a date: Fall 2012. That means I actually have to have the money by then which means saving a certain amount per month now.

I'd actually like to have money to buy clothes and stuff too. I never shop cuz I'm always saving for U2 LOL. I need clothes hahaha

Sorry you might have to give up Chicago too :hug:

Zooey, this means you HAVE to come to Canada. *peerpressure*

:up:

*no pressure*

Back
Top Bottom