PGP-We'll be back next week and we'll bring you a t-shirt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, but why is it 1000 euros cheaper to combine flights? :lol: it doesn't make sense!

:shifty: I may be considering my options...I'm a bit worried about Dublin. We haven;t had rumours since february. :(

i have noooo idea how this stuff works... but as long as there is a chance to get flights cheaper through different channels and through different combinings, I'm perfectly ok with this :lol:

maybe they are keeping Dublin as a cherry on top? (one can hope at least!) they just came from Europe, so maybe they'll just try to make everyone else happy with new gig news first and then come back to us... but they better do it soon!:waiting:

VP - glad to hear all is well with your mom!! hope you get to relax now! :hug:

I'm not too worried (yet) about having no news about Dublin - it's still almost a full year away (if the October rumor was right). I'm not going to start stressing about it until maybe February or March if there's nothing new.

At that point I'm probably going to have to go ahead and start making my Ireland plans. I'll probably save the flight for last, as that's harder to reschedule than hotels, car rentals and vacation days.

Well keep in mind that the rumour was in february this year. I am starting to think that the rumour meant october 2010, because it WOULD have been the end of the tour then. But now with the postponed dates it's all messed up.

Glad your mom's okay VP!

Huh, I didn't realize the rumor had originated that long ago; the first I'd heard of it was after the tour picked up again in Torino.

Someone in the thread mentioned that the clip was actually added to youtube in february :(

Clip? I didn't know there was a Youtube clip about the Dublin rumor. I'm sure the first I'd heard about it was a mention on this site, and I thought it had come from a quote somewhere? Ugh, I don't remember.

I see you found our friend as well? :love:

I edited my reply about four times. I don't even know why I bother.

Even if they originally intended it to be October 2011, obviously, all plans went out the window with the delays. Now that they're back, they're adding on extra mini-legs to the tour - we didn't know about South America, or South Africa before all of this, so I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility that they may still be trying to end the tour in Dublin.

I guess I'm banking on the fact that they're just happily adding stuff on, so why not Dublin, too? Obviously, availability of the stadiums is the big question, but it makes sense that if they originally planned to end there, they could still plan on ending there.

If that makes sense. :wink:

elevation.png

Huh, yeah. I remember that article, but that "end of the year" line is a little weird. I remember seeing that only a few months ago, and ... maybe I even discussed this in the thread at the time ... if it was a recent/new article, that wouldn't make any sense, because how in the hell would they reveal/announce Irish dates with only a month or so notice?

That makes me think it was indeed an older article, but it would surprise me that it hadn't been discussed earlier in the year.

:crack:

Well, they said "summer" .... gah. That was posted just a month ago ... I'm assuming it was a new video? Like the show had just aired a day or so ago and then popped up on YouTube? If so, they must be talking about next summer then, right? Otherwise, that makes no sense. :lol:

VP, I feel like such a dunce. I haven't been around much lately and had no idea your mom was going through more tests and such. Sorry if I came off as unsupportive or ignoring stuff. I'm glad things are good. I sometimes think that generation is stronger. They lived through more stuff and had it worse than us. We're such babies!

Well, they said "summer" .... gah. That was posted just a month ago ... I'm assuming it was a new video? Like the show had just aired a day or so ago and then popped up on YouTube? If so, they must be talking about next summer then, right? Otherwise, that makes no sense. :lol:

Well it was posted a month ago.. but the video was posted to youtube 9 months earlier.

Oh, I see now that it's from February. Huh.

Well, I stand by my earlier post full of assumptions about just moving the "end of the tour" to 2011 instead of 2010. :wink:

Is it safe to assume that Irish Times article was from early this year as well, and not more recent?

Back
Top Bottom