PGP: We want to be Bono's Tickle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're awesome. Not to everyone's taste, that's for sure, but if you're into rock/jazz fusion, well, they basically created that subgenre...and anyone who knows anything about music, I don't think they can deny that they're amazing songwriters and musicians, even if they don't particularly care for that style of music.

I'm a huge band geek, played sax in high school, as did my daughter (she was way better than I ever got, though), so I love that style of music. Also love old motown, blues, etc...there's a whole wide world out there beyond U2. :)
Oh yea. I agree: SD are amazing musicians. I'm just not into that style.

I've always wanted to play guitar, but I haven't got around to learning yet. I do play a little piano (and I do mean a little). But yea, I admire anyone who can play anything.

It's also very arguable whether or not U2 are "harder." Maybe a handful of songs (Bullet, LAPOE...) but U2 are not really known for being "harder" rock. :lol:
That's why I said "or" :wink:.

For the harder rock, I was talking more along the lines of AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Nickelback (their first 3 albums, anyway), 3 Doors Down, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc, etc... *is a rock geek* :reject:

Rock geek, eh? I am a music geek. I grew up listening to The Who's Tommy and Led Zepplin's In Through the Out Door. I have 3000 songs on my iPod - and those are my favorites. I can usually name that song (before 2005) in 2 beats. And from 18982 to 1998-ish, I might be able to tell you exactly when that album was released.

So girls, I saw the extra showing of From The Sky Down on Friday night... :drool:

There's something for everyone in it, but I can honestly say - without spoiling - that the Edge girls especially will want to be sitting on something soft, cushiony and absorbent while watching... :wink:

(And holy crap, how many threads did I miss between the last time I was in and the tux one where I started catching up? :lol:)

Rock geek, eh? I am a music geek. I grew up listening to The Who's Tommy and Led Zepplin's In Through the Out Door. I have 3000 songs on my iPod - and those are my favorites. I can usually name that song (before 2005) in 2 beats. And from 18982 to 1998-ish, I might be able to tell you exactly when that album was released.

Ha. Me too. Huge fan of music in general. My older brother (13 yrs older) was too. I was indoctrinated into the Beatles (a while after they broke up), The Beach Boys, The Who, et al, at 10 years old, thanks to him. Those were my 10 year old Christmas gifts from him, those albums. :lol: Since then, even though there are some genres I like less than others, I can find artists I like in almost every genre. You just have to look. And if you don't, you're missing out. :)

You are now my hero. *wants to be able to do that... just spends too much time not doing it* :shifty:

So girls, I saw the extra showing of From The Sky Down on Friday night... :drool:

There's something for everyone in it, but I can honestly say - without spoiling - that the Edge girls especially will want to be sitting on something soft, cushiony and absorbent while watching... :wink:

(And holy crap, how many threads did I miss between the last time I was in and the tux one where I started catching up? :lol:)
Hello, Drea!

Edge girls will be puddles, you say? :hmm: What Bono girls? Or Larry girls?

Ha. Me too. Huge fan of music in general. My older brother (13 yrs older) was too. I was indoctrinated into the Beatles (a while after they broke up), The Beach Boys, The Who, et al, at 10 years old, thanks to him. Those were my 10 year old Christmas gifts from him, those albums. :lol: Since then, even though there are some genres I like less than others, I can find artists I like in almost every genre. You just have to look. And if you don't, you're missing out. :)

I agree one hundred and fify billion percent with this. :D

:shifty: No matter what a girl on here is, they all secretly are Bonogirls.

I really wonder where MTE is :(

I'm not :p There are only two times where I would even remotely consider going after him - the Stay video (where I'd happily pounce any of the four of them) and sweaty!kneeling!Bono when he looks up during SBS at Red Rocks. That's it.

*takes off with Adam since CK won't be able to catch her :evil:*

Glad you enjoyed the film, Drea. I'm definitely looking forward to it. :D

Yay, just confirmed my plans for Seattle this weekend and am gonna book the train down. My aunt & uncle live in a suburb of the city, so I can take the train to their place very cheaply. :up:

Actually, I'm just watching this SD dvd I have on, the song FM, and the Walter Becker guitar solos in this song have a LOT in common with another guitarist I idolize, David Gilmour...very similar vibe.

Depending on the year (or, in the case of 85, month), yes before I was born :lol::lol:

You are extremely lucky. I have never been anywhere near any of his concerts.
:sad:

Ha, I just looked it up out of curiosity, it was '83. My ex at the time wanted to go. I was more excited to see their opener, Quiet Riot. My god, my tastes sucked back then. :reject: :lol:

I'm back! and alive. I have a new problem with cab drivers who fail at directions.

BUT. I fucking love Joan Jett. *love*

She and the Blackhearts did several more Runaways songs than anticipated, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy, plus they covered an Iggy Pop song, which made my night. Or my week or month. Will provide further details and amusing-ness later when it's not so late (see, my sentence skills are unraveling...)

I just showered so I'm not all gross. Yay. I feel like I've been in GA for days without all the fun (trying to find buses was hell, so my feet hurt...)

But.

I love that feeling when you listen to songs you've heard before but now have heard live and ahhh, they're spectacular and bring back memories...

Everyone will be happy about the film (I certainly was VERY happy about some of the moments in it *g*) I just felt an obligation to warn the Edge girls due to a few things that I can't explain without spoiling :wink: Like IMGL, there was stuff in there I'd never seen before, and other stuff I never expected to see on a film screen...

(And there's an absolutely adorable Adam moment near the end :cute::heart:)

Glad you had a great time, Katie. :) Concerts are the best! :love: My next one isn't until near the end of October, and I'm really looking forward to it, even though I'm going alone.

I am SO excited to see that doc, Drea. :hyper:

Who are you gonna see, Thora? *curious* (if you've mentioned it before and I've forgotten, sorry :| I know someone's seeing Coldplay but I forget who...)

I hope the documentary plays in theaters. Specifically, over Christmas break would be nice, so I could see it with my friend :love:

Who are you gonna see, Thora? *curious* (if you've mentioned it before and I've forgotten, sorry :| I know someone's seeing Coldplay but I forget who...)

I hope the documentary plays in theaters. Specifically, over Christmas break would be nice, so I could see it with my friend :love:

I don't think I've mentioned it yet. I'm going to see Matt Nathanson. He's not hugely popular/famous yet, but I've been listening to him for a few years now, and really like his stuff. :)

That would be awesome! It will be in the AB remastered packages, so I'll be buying that for sure, but seeing it in theatres would be cool as well.

My mom is adorable. She just found out that Gelderland is real. :cute:

I'm back! and alive. I have a new problem with cab drivers who fail at directions.

BUT. I fucking love Joan Jett. *love*

She and the Blackhearts did several more Runaways songs than anticipated, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy, plus they covered an Iggy Pop song, which made my night. Or my week or month. Will provide further details and amusing-ness later when it's not so late (see, my sentence skills are unraveling...)

I just showered so I'm not all gross. Yay. I feel like I've been in GA for days without all the fun (trying to find buses was hell, so my feet hurt...)

But.

I love that feeling when you listen to songs you've heard before but now have heard live and ahhh, they're spectacular and bring back memories...

Joan Jett is awesome.

Seeing you all happy about the concert makes me even more unable to wait for next Friday. :hyper:

Everyone will be happy about the film (I certainly was VERY happy about some of the moments in it *g*) I just felt an obligation to warn the Edge girls due to a few things that I can't explain without spoiling :wink: Like IMGL, there was stuff in there I'd never seen before, and other stuff I never expected to see on a film screen...

(And there's an absolutely adorable Adam moment near the end :cute::heart:)
I must see this. MUST.

@Thora—I haven't heard of him but he's probably good...heh.

It would make more money by going to theaters...please...please do, McGuinness...I'd like to see it in theaters...

@Tara—I know :) it totally made up for the stupid misogynistic direction fail cab driver to see Joan Jett guitar-ing.

What's happening next Friday?

Aww. I have a soft spot for REO Speedwagon; they're one of my mom's favorite bands and she played a CD of theirs in the car when we were little all the time :cute:

Speedwagon rules. :yes: But not as much as Styx. *has a soft spot for Tommy Shaw* :shifty:

My dad's parents have an actual Reo Speedwagon truck in their barn. :shh:

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about Styx to picture anything but guitars or synthesizers :reject:

uh...REO Speedwagon truck? what is that? :laugh: sounds quite entertaining

Ohhh man it's so late everything's starting to look hazy. Right then. Night everyone. I'll be sleeping in, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom