PGP: We want to be Bono's Tickle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an excellent deal, sponsored by a local Italian restaurant. Light breakfast here, bus to the wineries (and back, obvs), snacks on the bus, 4 wineries with samples and goodies, then back here to the restaurant for a four course dinner with wine pairings, all for $85. :drool:

I'll check out your update tonight, thanks!

Wow, sounds fabulous! :drool: And that's a phenomenal deal for so much food/wine/awesomeness. :love:

Wow, sounds fabulous! :drool: And that's a phenomenal deal for so much food/wine/awesomeness. :love:

I know! Especially with transportation included. :up: Sadly, none of my close friends or family are wine fans (BOO!), this was planned by my supervisor for some of the girls in our department. I kept thinking about Jem, how she would LOVE it. We can bring friends if we want, but no one I know likes wine enough to pay that. Dumbasses. :tsk:

I also want to take yoga classes in the worst way, but none of the classes around here are at convenient times, and they're also crazy expensive. So we were talking, and we might see if we can get an instructor to come in once or twice a week, and do a private class there, after work.

Apparently I've joined a cult that takes care of my work/social/food and drink/fitness needs. :wink:

I know! Especially with transportation included. :up: Sadly, none of my close friends or family are wine fans (BOO!), this was planned by my supervisor for some of the girls in our department. I kept thinking about Jem, how she would LOVE it. We can bring friends if we want, but no one I know likes wine enough to pay that. Dumbasses. :tsk:

I also want to take yoga classes in the worst way, but none of the classes around here are at convenient times, and they're also crazy expensive. So we were talking, and we might see if we can get an instructor to come in once or twice a week, and do a private class there, after work.

Apparently I've joined a cult that takes care of my work/social/food and drink/fitness needs. :wink:

Definitely! :up: If I lived nearby I'd SO be there with you. :) Your stupid friends are missing out. :tsk: :wink:

That's cool about the yoga! And yes, now that you mention it, it does sound very cultish. :giggle:

VP!!!!!!!!! Hi. :wave:

It's going to get chilly this weekend and I have a bottle of red to enjoy. My husband will be away. That means U2 videos all weekend long!!! Oh, and Disney movies because my daughter will be with me.

Tonight, I made sesame noodles with chicken. Yum. And I ate too much. Bloat.

Morning, guys! Today's concert day. I'm going to leave painting class early, hope the light rail's on time and that I can find where passes for that are, and then hope buses all work out too :| if that all goes OK, I'm excited :hyper:

Have an awesome time and good luck getting home safely.

I'm trying to be open to the idea. It's Baltimore and my father's family are from there. I love Boston and it would be tough being isolated in a new city. Plus, this would happen soon which would mean no marathon for me - and that would kind of piss me off. The other side is that we don't know if we could afford that kind of move. I don't know how long it would take me to get a job down there AND I don't want Grace to not go to daycare. So, we could be a big financial pickle.

Ever just open a can of worms to vent and all you get is unwanted advice?

Yes. This was a friend off of here that kept telling me how exciting it would be to move.

I think this might be a pass. It would be possible advancement for my husband, but in an uncertain job market - if I couldn't get a job - things could go from tight to bad quickly. We have some things to pay off and one income would put us behind the 8 ball on that. The plus of this (hopefully) is that they've been talking promotion for me for months now. I went to my boss and told her of my husband's sort of job offer. I told her that money was a major and if I was making more of it, we'd stay here. It wasn't forcing her hand, but more of 'is this still supposed to happen?' She lost another colleague because she couldn't get her upgraded fast enough. I think she doesn't want to lose me. Fingers crossed. I hope this doesn't backfire. BUT it has been promised. Just not implemented.

I think even without the raise, we still make more money with my salary. But I think he's resigned that now is not the time. I know - when are you ever ready for a major change? I think sometimes you need to be patient.

I hate being a motherfucking adult and having a mortgage and all that other crap that makes it impossible to just do what would make us happy.

I hope that whatever choice you guys make (and ultimately it's up to the two of you, even if you get all the good meaning advice in the world) that it's something you're both happy with, or at least that both of you can live with without resentment or disappointment. :hug:

Well, he may have some resentment. It is a good opportunity for him, but it's not good enough for all of us, you know? There are too many cons against it. I don't think he was in love with the idea, because he hasn't really talked about it too much. He's close to his family who live here. He loves New England and Boston.

You know you're tipsy when...you email your decades-long crush (aka older brother's bff, who you've literally known since you were a toddler) out of the blue after not speaking to him for a few years, to tell him about a band you saw... :eyebrow: :uhoh:

Definitely! :up: If I lived nearby I'd SO be there with you. :) Your stupid friends are missing out. :tsk: :wink:

That's cool about the yoga! And yes, now that you mention it, it does sound very cultish. :giggle:

Yay!! I would TOTALLY take you! :flirt:

VP!!!!!!!!! Hi. :wave:

It's going to get chilly this weekend and I have a bottle of red to enjoy. My husband will be away. That means U2 videos all weekend long!!! Oh, and Disney movies because my daughter will be with me.

Tonight, I made sesame noodles with chicken. Yum. And I ate too much. Bloat.

Yay for alone time!!! Childless, or just husbandless??

11 days til Coldplay / Young The Giant / The Postelles / Manchester Orchestra / Black Keys / etc :hyper:

Yay for concerts! Alas, unless this one band is playing in an upcoming festival next month (haven't heard anything yet), my only concerts for the forseeable future will be on dvd. : pout:

Well, he may have some resentment. It is a good opportunity for him, but it's not good enough for all of us, you know? There are too many cons against it. I don't think he was in love with the idea, because he hasn't really talked about it too much. He's close to his family who live here. He loves New England and Boston.

At least he doesn't seem too crushed...? :hug:

You know you're tipsy when...you email your decades-long crush (aka older brother's bff, who you've literally known since you were a toddler) out of the blue after not speaking to him for a few years, to tell him about a band you saw... :eyebrow: :uhoh:

:giggle:
What band?

Wow, that's quite a line-up. Have you heard the new Coldplay album?

New album isn't out yet. Every Teardrop is growing on me. I love Charlie Brown. New single came out today - I don't love it but Mr.Z (who's the real CP fan) does.

That's the way it is for me. I kinda resent my life in general right now for keeping me from this job, but I understand that it's not good for the whole, and I'm part of a whole. :shrug: Difference is I hate it here.

What band?

Oh, just Steely Dan. He's a fan, and I realized I hadn't told him about the show I saw in July. And last time I emailed him was a couple of computers ago, so I had to look up his email online (he's a real estate agent, so it wasn't hard to find) and I had to email his work address. I hope he still works for that one, those guys tend to jump around...

That's the way it is for me. I kinda resent my life in general right now for keeping me from this job, but I understand that it's not good for the whole, and I'm part of a whole. :shrug: Difference is I hate it here.

That sucks. :hug: I do understand the importance of family and doing what is right for the collective, but I also empathize with the feeling of feeling trapped. After my separation, that was one of the best feelings ever, realizing that I could do almost anything. Not that I would promote separation...but I'm sure you know what I mean.

What band?

New album isn't out yet. Every Teardrop is growing on me. I love Charlie Brown. New single came out today - I don't love it but Mr.Z (who's the real CP fan) does.

:hug::hug: I'm sorry. That might be me if we did that. I mean, there was a small sliver than thinks 'it'd be easier now before Grace goes into school and we're really settled here'. But we are settled here. And I know it will be harder to uproot. We need to pay off some bills and that would never happen if we made that move. And it would happen like next month. Way too soon.

I heard Major Minus thanks to Sirius. I really like that song.

this is such a lame, crazy cat lady thing to say, but I love my cats. :love: The mother cat, Kitty, when I go into the kitchen, if I haven't seen her much that day, she'll jump onto a chair and put her front paws on the chair to stretch up close to where I'm walking by. If I lean toward her and pucker my lips, she moves her head toward me and gives me "kitty kisses." CUTEST. THING. EVER. and makes me feeling amazingly happy after a rough day. :heart:

(if I try to do that to the kittens? they're all "wtf, get your face away from mine, and pet me, dammit.")

this is such a lame, crazy cat lady thing to say, but I love my cats. :love: The mother cat, Kitty, when I go into the kitchen, if I haven't seen her much that day, she'll jump onto a chair and put her front paws on the chair to stretch up close to where I'm walking by. If I lean toward her and pucker my lips, she moves her head toward me and gives me "kitty kisses." CUTEST. THING. EVER. and makes me feeling amazingly happy after a rough day. :heart:

(if I try to do that to the kittens? they're all "wtf, get your face away from mine, and pet me, dammit.")

:lol:

*panics so you don't feel like you have to*

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

I'm wondering if anything is a TMI anymore.....

If you don't wanna read under the spoiler, don't.

I promise it's not a naked Adam, though. :D

Nature has taken it's course today. I know it's something that makes all women bitchy, but yea. My doctor said with me it's worse. Told me I have a mild form of PMDD and so my emotional reactions go way way WAY overboard. I'll be find one moment, a complete bitch the next, and then want to start sobbing after that.

*panics so you don't feel like you have to*

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

If you don't wanna read under the spoiler, don't.

I promise it's not a naked Adam, though. :D

Nature has taken it's course today. I know it's something that makes all women bitchy, but yea. My doctor said with me it's worse. Told me I have a mild form of PMDD and so my emotional reactions go way way WAY overboard. I'll be find one moment, a complete bitch the next, and then want to start sobbing after that.

You sound like my 3 year old. Maybe she has it too!

HOLY SHIT, SO EXCITED ON YOUR BEHALF!!!!! If you do overseas updates, make sure they're not just restricted to FB, plz, thx. :kiss:

Sorry, it's just going to be occasional FB updates to let interested parties know I'm alive. If you see me on Interference while I'm in Ireland, SHOOT ME.

:wink:

I'm going to try very hard to not be on my iPad for more than a few minutes (each night, assuming all the places I'm staying have wifi), to check emails and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom