PGP: We want to be Bono's Tickle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be really nice, if you ended up getting a raise. :hmm: Would that be enough to convince your husband that you're better off here?

That would be really nice, if you ended up getting a raise. :hmm: Would that be enough to convince your husband that you're better off here?

I think even without the raise, we still make more money with my salary. But I think he's resigned that now is not the time. I know - when are you ever ready for a major change? I think sometimes you need to be patient.

When you got kids I guess it's better to keep stability and a good income opposed to grabbing a great chance.. You never know what other chances he'll get in the future. :) There's always time for change.

Hi! Haven't caught up yet, but ...

.... the doctor at the clinic thinks I just have a mild touch of the stomach bug that's apparently going around. Other people (including my boss' kids) have had it much worse, so I guess I'm lucky.

Mild diet and two Zantacs a day (it should relieve the bit of inflammation I still have around my stomach), and hopefully I'll be good as new in time to eat my way across Ireland. :up:

She said if it persisted, she'd start doing tests to see if I had an ulcer. :yikes: But since it came on so quickly, and there's a bug going around, it's probably just that.

Thanks for all the "feel better" comments. I do feel better today, despite more pain first thing this morning (although less painful, and briefer than the previous days).

I am also finally starting to feel nerves a-comin' for the trip. Holy crap.

TMI alert
I get debilitating gas sometimes. Like, I'm doubled over in immense pain and bloating. Have you tried over the counter stuff? The green gel tabs work for me.
|

I've had that, but it always passes fairly quickly. I almost felt like that on Friday, the first day I was dealing with this, like there were times when I felt like I couldn't quite walk upright. Awesome.

When you got kids I guess it's better to keep stability and a good income opposed to grabbing a great chance.. You never know what other chances he'll get in the future. :) There's always time for change.

And we want to try for another baby next year. Adding another mouth....my maternity leave here is excellent. So, it's hard to balance all that out.

Being an adult is wicked hard.

Glad it seems to be nothing too serious Cori. Would be horrible if it ruined your trip! :hug: As long as you avoid food that's too sour or basic, you should be fine. :)

And we want to try for another baby next year. Adding another mouth....my maternity leave here is excellent. So, it's hard to balance all that out.

Being an adult is wicked hard.

:shifty: A Bonoling?

I'd say all arrows point to stay, but it's ultimately up to you and your hubby to decide. :)

:shifty: A Bonoling?

I'd say all arrows point to stay, but it's ultimately up to you and your hubby to decide. :)

Yeah, last night I was feeling like 'ooh, fun. An adventure!' This morning, I was white-knuckled holding on to my crappy kitchen counter thinking, 'I can't leave all this wonder!' I was leaning more no than yes. It was too sudden. Too soon. Too not what I wanted.

Cori, now you can partake in Irish meat. Yum. Bang-me and mash.
Mash is to Ireland as smush is to Jersey Shore

:ohmy:

good gracious I'm stuck :grumpy: not being on the net for a few days and.......

:panic:
thora has to get a new job?!
Grace & fam may be moving but it sound like she doesn't really want to so soon?!
cori had some kind of medical issue?!
and K's town was filled with smoke!?

BIG EXTRA :hug:sssss for you all
and anyone else (since I only read the previous page, hasn't caught up on earlier in this thread AND missed parts of last thread too :angry: :sigh: )

hi Bon Mot! :hug: how are ya?

I mentioned it the day it happened, but I don't think you were around then. I was laid off 2 weeks ago, so yes, I'm looking for a new job. The first few days were very hard, but I'm doing much better now. :) Thanks! :hug:

Just a minor stomach thing, that is apparently a bug. I'll live. I'm just eating boring foods for a few days. ;)

Oh fellow train riders...STOP INVADING MY FUCKING PERSONAL SPACE. Day 2 of me wanting to bite someone and not in a sexy way.

Oh fellow train riders...STOP INVADING MY FUCKING PERSONAL SPACE. Day 2 of me wanting to bite someone and not in a sexy way.

:lmao:

I can just imagine that happening, too. And then it'd be on the news, and with it being so odd, it'd end up on national news, then youtube. :lol:

Oh, but I've been there. Except for the biting thing. For me, it'd be kicking. :shifty:

Just got a call from my dad. Surgery went well and the doc's very pleased. :) He didn't get any additional painkillers or whatever, which cracks me up. He was all "I'm a tough guy, it'll be okay." :tsk: :lol: He probably won't be singing the same tune in a few hours once the freezing wears off, but the most important thing is that he's good and it went according to plan. Whew! Big sigh of relief. :)

:hug: yay!!!!

On the train to Pennsylvania, hope I won't be late...and I officially hate the bus drivers here; they thought the weird bus thing I'm taking didn't exist...

God, I am fucking glad I chose not to give up and go home when this bud thing didn't show. Then I'd be concertless and pissed.

Grace, I may need to copy you and write on trains XD problem is my phone loses charge so fast...

:wave:

cori, glad you got an answer to your issue, and that you'll probably be feeling better for the big trip (when do you leave again? Sorry, I know I keep asking you, and that it's later this month). Sarah had something similar, but not as severe as yours sounds, and not as persistent. The only thing we could figure is that both days it happened (with a day break in between) she had shreddies, which she doesn't normally eat. Now I've told her about the bug, and she's happy that she may not be a non-tolerating shreddie freak. :)

Zooey, congrats on the job offer? :hug:

You too Grace. Even if the two of you don't take it, at least you have options, and that's nice. :)

Thora, glad your dad's surgery went well, and that the job hunt preparation sounds like it's off to a good start. :hug:

Me - work is still nuts. Back still sucks donkey balls. I joined a Survivor pool. (when you have to pull out that tidbit for news, you know not much is going on, :lol: ). Oh!! I'm going on a winery tour next month, and I'm ridiculously excited about that! I've lived in this area my whole life, an hour or so from wine country, and I've never been. Also - big wine fan here, in case you girls have never noticed. :wink: Should be fun!

Oh yeah. I've been keeping caught up in the thread when I have a few minutes here and there, and holy post-tour pictures, Batman.:drool: There have been some nice ones, lately... bunk, something, something...

:wave: Hi VP. Sorry your back is still giving you problems. And, yay for wine country tours!

Katie, have fun at the concert!

I don't know how I missed that piece of news, but I'm glad your dad's surgery went well, Thora! :hug:

:crack: I never realized how uncomfortable my bed was without sheets before. *now despises laundry day for that one reason* :reject:

Hey VP! Thanks. :hug:

Yay for the wine tour - sounds like that should be fun! And speaking of wine (and food, naturally), I updated my food website earlier today (Feast and Fare) with pictures and stuff from the food event on Sunday. :)

And thanks, Tara! :hug:

Hey Tara! Thanks! :)

Hey VP! Thanks. :hug:

Yay for the wine tour - sounds like that should be fun! And speaking of wine (and food, naturally), I updated my food website earlier today (Feast and Fare) with pictures and stuff from the food event on Sunday. :)

And thanks, Tara! :hug:

It's an excellent deal, sponsored by a local Italian restaurant. Light breakfast here, bus to the wineries (and back, obvs), snacks on the bus, 4 wineries with samples and goodies, then back here to the restaurant for a four course dinner with wine pairings, all for $85. :drool:

I'll check out your update tonight, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom