PGP~ We still haven't found what we're looking for-- timtams AND "the Boys"! ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:
cool :up:

I like the Lupine/wolf connection to the original Remus/Romulus legends

Ahh....now I kinda understand why the author made him a werewolf and also his name too :hmm:

I tried to get into the books....but I only have the non-paperback version of Order of the Phoenix. I've read a bit of the paperback of Half-Blood Prince and I kinda like reading it in paperback than in it's non-paperback form. But then again I need to start at the begining :D :wink: :giggle:

I just realized I wrote an iTunes playlist (for a U2 song collection, yet!) on a form I needed to file with a job application. :ohmy:

Now I need to go back to the library's web site and download the form again. :|

No, this was not my weekend. :huh:

Weldy, Order of the Phoenix was my favorite of the Potter books (so far).

I still haven't finished Half-Blood Prince. I just don't want to read the ending, I guess ... :reject:

Weldy, I definitely recommend starting at the beginning... :lol: The movies and the books have been steadily diverging. I think my favourite book so far is still Goblet of Fire though...

Jo :hug: May next week go more smoothly for you!

Alisaura said:
Weldy, I definitely recommend starting at the beginning... :lol: The movies and the books have been steadily diverging. I think my favourite book so far is still Goblet of Fire though...

Jo :hug: May next week go more smoothly for you!

I've heard about that :yes:

Jo - Just don't go on YTMND.com.....cause there are spoilers to Half-Blood Prince....if you know who to look for :wink:

Night to anyone who went to bed :hug: :wave:

hey weldy! boy, ever completely humiliated yrself unecessarily? *sigh* that was me today....had an "audition" to do a music minor at college and totally bombed it, which was good in one way because it means i can minor in a theology subject i want to do...but bloody hell, could there possibly be a more painful way to reach that conclusion?! :crazy: :faint:

andberlin said:
hey weldy! boy, ever completely humiliated yrself unecessarily? *sigh* that was me today....had an "audition" to do a music minor at college and totally bombed it, which was good in one way because it means i can minor in a theology subject i want to do...but bloody hell, could there possibly be a more painful way to reach that conclusion?! :crazy: :faint:

:hmm: There was a time I vomited in an empty hallway in 7th grade after I started to feel sick in my 8th period English Lit class and another time where I farted like crazy...also in 7th grade (But it wasn't that humiliating cause I was making a group of boys laugh (I was enjoying making them laugh)....and the teacher never knew it was me that was actually farting. Oh...it was for a special SAT study session thing...I don't remember but I do know that it was a couple of boys (I think 3-5 boys) and one of my female friends that was in the class with me :D).

haha! that's a cool farting story :lol: but this was more humiliated by my own extreme nervousness and incompetence - i like to play for my own enjoyment and am not good at theory and CANNOT sight read at ALL...no amount of preparation can fix that, not in a weekend anyway....*sigh*

andberlin said:
haha! that's a cool farting story :lol: but this was more humiliated by my own extreme nervousness and incompetence - i like to play for my own enjoyment and am not good at theory and CANNOT sight read at ALL...no amount of preparation can fix that, not in a weekend anyway....*sigh*

I can't do acapella really well....so don't feel so bad :hug:

yeah, i was pretty upset by it, but my friend who was driving me home said "it's over and done with, forget about it!" so i'm gonna do that - had to run the gauntlet of embarassment and humiliation for my blessed theology subject :crazy: :lol:

yep, it's over with! adam & baby u2 to celebrate :reject: :eek: :lol:

Amsterdamsign2.jpg

babiesjukeboxsm.jpg

Hey Fiona! :wave:
I hope that Theology subject knows what you went through for it... :hug:

Awww, baby U2... :cute:

I know this is a bit late to ask, but were those friends of yours very surprised by your new tattoo? :D

ali, hi! :wave:

haha! i hope it does! hebrews and hermeneutics you'd better be good to me!! :lol:
haha, yeah, they were! one of them came to pick me up and she's pretty chilled out so she was like "that's so cool," a very positive chick, but my other friend was like :ohmy: when i told her what it was, she said "what's wrong with your arm?" and i was all nonchalant "oh that, that's my new tattoo..." haha! but it was a good :ohmy: - but i totally knew she'd react that way :lol: :hug:

ps: i love that picture, *sigh* makes me want to be about 25 years older :reject: :lol:

That subject title makes me thing of the phrase "hermetically sealed"... which I know is stupid. :der:

Age is only a number... I went out with a guy once who was 17 years older than me, which is about how much older U2 is than me (and no, that's not why I went out with him!) ... :shrug:
But yeah, I know what you mean... :reject:

*just had a marathon bass practice* Dang, I hope I grow some callouses soon!!

Last edited:
haha, i looked it up (and kinda heard about it through my studies) and it says...

1plural but sing or plural in constr : the study of the methodological principles of interpretation (as of the Bible)
2: a method or principle of interpretation

yeah, so it's different interpretations, basically....but it should be fun - i'm looking forward to it. i don't even know what hermetically sealed means :lol:

ahhh! *sigh* oh for a marathon bass practice! i think i need lessons first, and then once i get an idea of suitable technique i'll quite and make my own way :ohmy: :lol:

Ah, cool... that sounds like a great subject.

I think hermetically sealed means sealed using heat... like those doodads you can get that seal plastic bags by melting them together.

Have you had any bass lessons at all? There are probably websites you could look at for technique (hmm, I should try that)... I'm sure I saw one years ago saying that you could learn to play bass in a week but you could then spend a lifetime mastering it. :lol:
But yeah, lessons with a real actual person are probably the best place to start. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom