PGP: We like our Rock Stars Wet.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Yeah, that''s what it sounded like. If you had to do it over again knowing what you do now, would you?

It's hard to say. While I'm really glad I was at the final show, I wouldn't do it again if the final venue was in a place that involved a) too much driving from wherever I could reasonably fly into; b) lodging that involved camping, or having to drive another few hours after the show, and after the traffic snarl .... in other words, probably not getting to bed until at least 3 in the morning.

Thankfully, I'd say the odds are pretty good that future tours will be held somewhere reasonable, like a city that's easier to get to, with actual lodging nearby. :)

I mean, yeah, it'd be expensive to fly to Europe to see a final show, but I would expect to pay over $1000 to fly to, say, Dublin or Paris. I don't think paying over $1000 to fly into Moncton is reasonable. Hence all the driving.

Wow, what a ramble.

Honestly, I guess it's hard for me to say if I would do this exact show again, knowing what the lodging options were. If I could have been assured a room at that motel that was RIGHT THERE at the entrance, I'd say yes in a heart beat. :wink:

Oh, the other sucky thing is, I used to have one fairly standard password for everything. But then something that I use got hacked...oh, Gawker!...so I changed all my passwords for everything, and kept them in a word file on my old computer. So, I basically have little/no log-in info for anything now, yay. :|

Yup! :D No, didn't go over the long weekend - I just hung out around here. I'm headed out early tomorrow morning. :)

Yay, have fun!

It's hard to say. While I'm really glad I was at the final show, I wouldn't do it again if the final venue was in a place that involved a) too much driving from wherever I could reasonably fly into; b) lodging that involved camping, or having to drive another few hours after the show, and after the traffic snarl .... in other words, probably not getting to bed until at least 3 in the morning.

Thankfully, I'd say the odds are pretty good that future tours will be held somewhere reasonable, like a city that's easier to get to, with actual lodging nearby. :)

I mean, yeah, it'd be expensive to fly to Europe to see a final show, but I would expect to pay over $1000 to fly to, say, Dublin or Paris. I don't think paying over $1000 to fly into Moncton is reasonable. Hence all the driving.

Wow, what a ramble.

Honestly, I guess it's hard for me to say if I would do this exact show again, knowing what the lodging options were. If I could have been assured a room at that motel that was RIGHT THERE at the entrance, I'd say yes in a heart beat. :wink:

So if all else were the same, probably not?

Reading about the traffic and the hike to the venue and out, I really don't think I could have done it, with the current state of my back.

Speaking of which, I really need to restart my exercises tomorrow, because it's been hellish lately. The best I've felt in ages was on Wed, when it rained all day. First real rain we've had in over a month.

Wow, what a ramble.

But, but, but....you got to meet me! :sad:

As if there was ever a doubt about the latter. ;)

Oh, speaking of which, I'm sure you've all seen/heard of the Vik drama in the Moncton thread? What's the deal with that? Is there something I missed from just reading the thread? Because that...disgusted me. And yet I felt like I'd entered some alternate universe where assaulting other fans is acceptable, because no one was saying much of anything about it. Was I wrong??

No, there were a few people who voiced their disgust over that, and a few people who are inexplicably defending the guy.

And a few more who have turned the guy into a running joke over in the music thread. :shifty:

Seriously, though. WTF. I don't care if you hugged it out, dude. Total dick move.

I should stop responding to all GA comments - I am so effing sick of talking about GA drama, even thinking about it. And yet. AND YET!

Such is my U2 life. :lol:

No, there were a few people who voiced their disgust over that, and a few people who are inexplicably defending the guy.

And a few more who have turned the guy into a running joke over in the music thread. :shifty:

Seriously, though. WTF. I don't care if you hugged it out, dude. Total dick move.

I should stop responding to all GA comments - I am so effing sick of talking about GA drama, even thinking about it. And yet. AND YET!

Such is my U2 life. :lol:

Oh good. Sometimes I'm not sure if this place is causing my perspective to be whacked out. :lol: But I was pretty sure that no matter how you looked at it, that wasn't a good thing to do.

But yeah, I hear you on the GA drama thing. You can ignore it for a while, but eventually it wears on you.

Oh, the other sucky thing is, I used to have one fairly standard password for everything. But then something that I use got hacked...oh, Gawker!...so I changed all my passwords for everything, and kept them in a word file on my old computer. So, I basically have little/no log-in info for anything now, yay. :|

That happened to me when my... 2nd? I think? laptop got stolen. I had a notepad file (high tech FTW!) with the passwords for sites I don't use much, and not only was it gonnnnne, but I worried whoever robbed me would find it and have my info. NOT a delightful situation!

Edit- Durrrrr, it was the first one that got stolen that had all the info on it, not the 2nd. I only had the 2nd one a month, no time for it to be full of info!

hurr-im-a-durr.jpg

Arrrrgh! Nooooo! An error while burning a dual-layer bootleg DVD!

A precious dual-layer disc wasted. WASTED! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

And now I can't get the disc out. I'll have to reboot to get it out.

which will interrupt my other DVD torrenting! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

/first world U2 fan problems

Can I have the option of going to Pittsburgh instead in this scenario? Then I would have still gotten Out of Control. :wink:

(they played that in Pittsburgh, right? I know they played Bad)

No, they just got Bad and no 40.

I think what fueled Vik's freakout was a few things. As we walked in, some people ran around to Edge's side. He was very adamant about us all walking in - in line. Of course you want that when you are numero uno. Add to that the dude on Adam's side was telling us we need wristbands, which we didn't. I was freaking out. Vik was uber freaking out. So much, that we all pushed past 'wristband nazi' and he started to haul ass into the Red Zone in his hysteria. Ever see Pheobe's silly run on Friends? It was a lot like that. After nearly being taken out by RZ security, he finally sorted out where to go. Despite the 'no running' rule, we all sort of went balls to the wall to our coveted spots.

Now, I heard that it was these 'French line-jumpers' that took 'his' spot. So, if that is the case, there was a history between them and most GA folks. Add to that, lack of sleep, a massive GA screw up with GA Dave to fix, and standing and waiting while Carney soundchecked. Cool heads were not to be found within the top 20. This is no excuse, but all those things added up to his being a Dik. (You see what I did there?) I also believe that he 'helped' out an older fan with a rail spot before going to claim his rightful front of Bono rail spot. I think this was a trade off for a poncho - GA the land of barter.

In any case, there was conflama amongst them. Someone ran when they shouldn't. There was arguing and kindergarten stuff going on in front of us. It was funny, in a sad way. I guess that show, fatigue really wears on people. I had second row, where I wanted.....I was a happy New England clam.

That happened to me when my... 2nd? I think? laptop got stolen. I had a notepad file (high tech FTW!) with the passwords for sites I don't use much, and not only was it gonnnnne, but I worried whoever robbed me would find it and have my info. NOT a delightful situation!

Edit- Durrrrr, it was the first one that got stolen that had all the info on it, not the 2nd. I only had the 2nd one a month, no time for it to be full of info!

hurr-im-a-durr.jpg

Ha! Oh no! I'm hoping that either mine will slowly come back to me, or I'll be able to retrieve them off the old hard drive. :fingerscrossed:

Arrrrgh! Nooooo! An error while burning a dual-layer bootleg DVD!

A precious dual-layer disc wasted. WASTED! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

And now I can't get the disc out. I'll have to reboot to get it out.

which will interrupt my other DVD torrenting! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

/first world U2 fan problems
:(

Hey, I probably have a dual layer drive now! I'm not even sure. :reject:

No, they just got Bad and no 40.

I think what fueled Vik's freakout was a few things. As we walked in, some people ran around to Edge's side. He was very adamant about us all walking in - in line. Of course you want that when you are numero uno. Add to that the dude on Adam's side was telling us we need wristbands, which we didn't. I was freaking out. Vik was uber freaking out. So much, that we all pushed past 'wristband nazi' and he started to haul ass into the Red Zone in his hysteria. Ever see Pheobe's silly run on Friends? It was a lot like that. After nearly being taken out by RZ security, he finally sorted out where to go. Despite the 'no running' rule, we all sort of went balls to the wall to our coveted spots.

Now, I heard that it was these 'French line-jumpers' that took 'his' spot. So, if that is the case, there was a history between them and most GA folks. Add to that, lack of sleep, a massive GA screw up with GA Dave to fix, and standing and waiting while Carney soundchecked. Cool heads were not to be found within the top 20. This is no excuse, but all those things added up to his being a Dik. (You see what I did there?) I also believe that he 'helped' out an older fan with a rail spot before going to claim his rightful front of Bono rail spot. I think this was a trade off for a poncho - GA the land of barter.

In any case, there was conflama amongst them. Someone ran when they shouldn't. There was arguing and kindergarten stuff going on in front of us. It was funny, in a sad way. I guess that show, fatigue really wears on people. I had second row, where I wanted.....I was a happy New England clam.

Thanks for the explanation. :up: And as I thought, the whole thing makes an argument for NOT starting lines 5 days before the show, as I have argued vociferously in the past. Besides all the practical reasons, too much stress, fatigue and mental strain tend to make the best of us lose it.

Right???? Thank god for bootleg DVDs. I'm happy a few came out (or are coming out) from this last leg.

Chrisedge and Dray made a Seattle DVD, and I heard there's an Anaheim 2 multicam being worked on (I have DRay's footage in the meantime), and someone on U2torrents mentioned Minneapolis, which would be AMAZING.

I see my U2 obsession has once again reached the point where I'll burn even really shitty bootleg shows on to DVD.

Let's see how long it takes before I'm weeding out the shitty ones again. Maybe a year down the road? :reject:

Right???? Thank god for bootleg DVDs. I'm happy a few came out (or are coming out) from this last leg.

Chrisedge and Dray made a Seattle DVD, and I heard there's an Anaheim 2 multicam being worked on (I have DRay's footage in the meantime), and someone on U2torrents mentioned Minneapolis, which would be AMAZING.

I've still never downloaded any DVDs, just audio bootlegs. :reject:

The later part of the tour was just such a different animal than the earlier legs, I feel like it really hit its stride when B came back after back surgery as Super-Leather Bono. My kingdom for an end of the tour one with EBTTRT, The Fly & Zooropa! :drool:

And now I have hard drive space and a working dvd burner. :happy:

This is my most favourite photo EVAR!! :laugh: :love:

Yay, I got on to my twitter account! I wonder if twitter will let me go back three days. :reject:

It should. I've gone back several days before. But it probably depends on what program you use (I've found if you just use the web, you can go further back), and how many people you follow.

There's a Seattle DVD?! :ohmy: Oh dear god I need to get that. That was my first show in GA. :love:

I'm suddenly super depressed that they made the 360 dvd back when the tour was still so young. :sad:
I am too. :sad:

I've still never downloaded any DVDs, just audio bootlegs. :reject:

The later part of the tour was just such a different animal than the earlier legs, I feel like it really hit its stride when B came back after back surgery as Super-Leather Bono. My kingdom for an end of the tour one with EBTTRT, The Fly & Zooropa! :drool:

I downloaded one video bootleg (Glastonbury, anyone?), but yea. Generally I just do audio...

And: Super-Leather Bono = :love: :drool: :faint: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom