PGP: We are motherf*cking ADULTS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uhm...does DJ E°89 need to load up with some more party tracks?

You're not being shy because there's a guy in here for a change, right?

i think that a guy in a thread doesn't stop us from chatting about... things :D
it's a lack of narple-pictures what's keeping girls quiet in here!

I'm still trying to organize my picture folder, I think I finally thought of a possible way to do it.
And my beer goes down reeeeally slowly...

Should we whip out the cleavage pics? :shifty:

That's not what I meant...:tsk:
But fine...I'll go first. No no, I insist! :nerd:

Partial cleavage;
cleavage.jpg

i think that a guy in a thread doesn't stop us from chatting about... things :D
it's a lack of narple-pictures what's keeping girls quiet in here!

I'm still trying to organize my picture folder, I think I finally thought of a possible way to do it.
And my beer goes down reeeeally slowly...

Chat away, I wouldn't stick around for this long if I wasn't immune to a certain degree.

Oh wow, seriously?? this past March?? What day?

My daughter broke her leg in March, too. :lol: On the 15th, the day before her birthday, poor kid.

I think I broke mine on 11th, I was just on my way to the uni to an important seminary! sorry that the same happened to your daughter - broken leg sucks!
March should be named an official leg-breaking month!

That's not what I meant...:tsk:
But fine...I'll go first. No no, I insist! :nerd:

Partial cleavage;
cleavage.jpg

:drool: :lol:

I think I broke mine on 11th, I was just on my way to the uni to an important seminary! sorry that the same happened to your daughter - broken leg sucks!
March should be named an official leg-breaking month!

Wow, she was on her way to class, too! We were on the phone at the time, and all of a sudden, it went dead. Turned out, she was walking through the parking lot of a sports arena on her way, and tripped over a curb-type barrier, and dropped the phone and the battery came out.

This guy was taking his young boys in to play hockey, and he stopped to help her, and put her phone back together. She called me back and was panicked, said she felt like she was going faint. Tried to calm her as best I could. The guy drove her home, and her roommate helped her in. She thought she'd just sprained it, but then an hour or so later, told me to come and get her. When I got there, she had it elevated with ice on it, and there was still a lump the size of half a softball on the side of it.

Turned out, she broke two bones just above the ankle, the tibia and the fibula, both spiral fractures. She was extremely lucky she didn't need surgery. she was in a cast for 13 weeks, and then in therapy for about 8 weeks. It was a fun spring/summer.

It looks like a zygote. Or whatever the hell you call eggs that are multiplying. I really should know this. :lol: :reject:

Almost time for the weekly departmental coffee run. This should be fun! :crack: :lol:

It looks like a zygote. Or whatever the hell you call eggs that are multiplying. I really should know this. :lol: :reject:

Almost time for the weekly departmental coffee run. This should be fun! :crack: :lol:

Might be, but I'm actually not sure if this illustrates meiosis (which concerns the zygote cell) or regular cell division/proliferation, mitosis.

(So whaddya know, you got cleavage pics tonight after all. :shifty:)

:drool: :lol:

Wow, she was on her way to class, too! We were on the phone at the time, and all of a sudden, it went dead. Turned out, she was walking through the parking lot of a sports arena on her way, and tripped over a curb-type barrier, and dropped the phone and the battery came out.

This guy was taking his young boys in to play hockey, and he stopped to help her, and put her phone back together. She called me back and was panicked, said she felt like she was going faint. Tried to calm her as best I could. The guy drove her home, and her roommate helped her in. She thought she'd just sprained it, but then an hour or so later, told me to come and get her. When I got there, she had it elevated with ice on it, and there was still a lump the size of half a softball on the side of it.

Turned out, she broke two bones just above the ankle, the tibia and the fibula, both spiral fractures. She was extremely lucky she didn't need surgery. she was in a cast for 13 weeks, and then in therapy for about 8 weeks. It was a fun spring/summer.

ouch... :( but it's so nice that someone was there to help her!!! a kind soul! my accident happened on my own stairs, but the ice spot on which i slipped was just a really tiny one, minimalistic, and my attention was on something else, so I stepped on it and fell down the stairs. First I tried to stand up, but I absolutely failed on doing that, which was a bit frightening. My dad and mom dragged me up the stairs back to the room. I can't really remember much of it, I was in a total shock I guess - i was constantly laughing without any reason. I remember that it was just so painful! I was going to the emergency on the next day, because on the next morning I still wasn't able to stand up and so far I had only hoped for a sprain too! I broke my lateral malleolus. I didn't go to therapy afterwards, but it still took a lot of time to start walking again. But of course, it was much worse for your daughter - so much longer in a cast and in therapy!! Hope she has well recovered by now!!:hug:

:ohmy:
hug.gif
hug.gif

you mended up all right? No after effects?
hug.gif
mine is recovered well, but if it gets way too much load, it can still hurt a tiny bit!

trying to impress us with science, right? :) :up:
nice cleavage!

Why thank you!

Impress? So that's what this cleavage haste is all about:hmm:
Just showing off some of the kinds of cleavage I will encounter on (basically) a daily basis for the rest of my life...

While on the subject of compliments, here are some complement protein cleavage:
imm20222.jpg

wow :ohmy: Etarian :hug:

VP --hoo boy on the fainty/nausea stuff........
when I badly twisted my ankle back one of the several times -- not sure i got the fainty stuff ( tho I have nearly fainted-blood pressure drop a few times) but the sharp pain :yikes: hit me with nausea. :yuck:

Why thank you!

Just showing off some of the kinds of cleavage I will encounter on (basically) a daily basis for the rest of my life...

While on the subject of compliments, here are some complement protein cleavage:
imm20222.jpg

:drool: Protein complexes.

and off she goeeesssssssssss :wave::D:wink:

Everyone's so damn picky, so it's always an adventure going on coffee runs. :lol: Today's was especially complicated, so it took us a lot longer than normal. Plus, there was a medical emergency in our office complex area when we got back, so it was harder to find parking due to all the extra people & emergency vehicles milling around the parking lot. :yikes:

But now we're back with delicious coffee, so all is right again with the world! :drool:

ouch... :( but it's so nice that someone was there to help her!!! a kind soul! my accident happened on my own stairs, but the ice spot on which i slipped was just a really tiny one, minimalistic, and my attention was on something else, so I stepped on it and fell down the stairs. First I tried to stand up, but I absolutely failed on doing that, which was a bit frightening. My dad and mom dragged me up the stairs back to the room. I can't really remember much of it, I was in a total shock I guess - i was constantly laughing without any reason. I remember that it was just so painful! I was going to the emergency on the next day, because on the next morning I still wasn't able to stand up and so far I had only hoped for a sprain too! I broke my lateral malleolus. I didn't go to therapy afterwards, but it still took a lot of time to start walking again. But of course, it was much worse for your daughter - so much longer in a cast and in therapy!! Hope she has well recovered by now!!:hug:

hug.gif
mine is recovered well, but if it gets way too much load, it can still hurt a tiny bit!

[Eta - holy shit, didn't realize this was so long. :crack: Sorry to bore everyone that's heard this before, scroll past. ]

Wow, that's still pretty bad, though! If it was going to happen, it's lucky for you that it happened at home. How did you manage with the rest of the school year? Were you able to get around with the cast?

As soon as I got there and saw it (she's like an hour away), I knew something was horribly wrong. She had to ride home in the car in the back seat with her leg elevated. She said it wasn't that painful, as long as it was up. We stopped at the ER of a small hospital between there and here, and she was taken right in, had xrays, and they put a temporary cast on it for the night, and gave us an appt with an orthopedic surgeon here, for the next morning. He said he didn't think she needed surgery, even though they were spiral fractures, they fit back together well, so he had her put in a fiberglass cast.

For the next 2 or 3 weeks, she barely got off the couch, and even a 3 minute trip to the bathroom, it would swell so bad that there were several times I thought I'd have to take her back to get the cast cut off. So, she pretty much had to keep it elevated at all times.

When it happened, she had three weeks of school left, then exams. For a few days, she couldn't get anything done, then we e-mailed her profs (I composed, she sent, she was too out of it to do it herself, lol) and they were great. Arranged it so that they allowed her to miss a few tests/papers (they calculated her mark without them), and she got extensions on others. She was able to work from home, by getting the lecture slides online, or getting notes e-mailed to her.

For exams, I drove her back and forth. She'd contacted the Office for Persons With Disabilities at her school, and all her exams were done through them, in their office, so she didn't have to deal with stairs or people crowding around her while she tried to navigate through the exam room. They (and her profs) also were very flexible with the scheduling. In the end, it all worked out well, and her marks didn't suffer at all.

By the time she went back to school in Sept, she had a very small limp, you'd barely notice it if you weren't looking for it. She does a lot of walking there, and she had some minimal aches and pains at first, but that seems to have cleared up now, and I'd say she's pretty much back to normal. :)

when I badly twisted my ankle back one of the several times -- not sure i got the fainty stuff ( tho I have nearly fainted-blood pressure drop a few times) but the sharp pain
scared.gif
hit me with nausea.
yuck.gif

:hug: i guess spraining is more tolerable than leg breaking... but of course it depends on people.. I've broken a few small bones before and sprained plenty of ankles, but I guess this case was just a bit too much... maybe a body defence mechanism to get all fuzzy?

Why thank you!

kind of cool to start working with such cleavages too! :) we have a weakness for cleavages here :giggle:

:drool: Protein complexes.

i think you hit her soft spot, Simon! :wink:

when I badly twisted my ankle back one of the several times -- not sure i got the fainty stuff ( tho I have nearly fainted-blood pressure drop a few times) but the sharp pain :yikes: hit me with nausea. :yuck:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I thought hers might be broken, the whole fainting thing is common with broken bones. She's sprained her ankle several times when she was younger, once was pretty severe, and she never experienced that.

Reading that story again still amazes me how cool Sarah's professors were! :up: Really great they gave her a chance to still pass.

ETA: I study Chemistry Edgetarian, and I'm going to specialize in Biomolecular Chemistry. So I love me some protein complexes. :wink:

Reading that story again still amazes me how cool Sarah's professors were! :up: Really great they gave her a chance to still pass.

At the very beginning, we were told by someone to contact the Office for Persons With Disabilities. Once they're involved, the profs pretty much have to make allowances for you (not that they wouldn't have, anyway). But they do advocate for people with disabilities, permanent and temporary. Plus, we had a Dr's note saying she'd need accommodations made for her.

Back
Top Bottom