PGP...... We always see fireworks when the boys are on stage!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
anyone want to explain to me WTF a curry is? I've asked before and no one has told me or said something I didn't understand

Omg curry is the best invention ever!

It's like a kind of spicy paste thing on top of a load of rice. But there's many different varieties. Like Vindaloo.... It's very hot, like Bono!

So you're talking about the Indian food?

Ok. Seems like a sort of strange treat to me, but I guess whatever floats your boat :shrug:

I'm certainly not one to judge! :lol: I like Peanut Butter and White rice sandwhiches :reject:

Yup Indian.
Where do you live Sad_Girl? do you get curries where ever you are?
You should try it! Really it's :drool:

But peanut butter and rice sandwichs?? hehe interesting! I shall have to try that someday!

Last edited:
Well, you explaines it quite well Mrs Darcy, but i was going to say that it's either an Indian or chinese dish which has varying degrees of hotness/spiciness e.g korma is a very mild yellow coloured one&vindaloo's the hottest - considered by most folk to have the ability to blow your head off cos it's so lethal!!!! :combust: :combust:

They are sauce mixed up with either meat or veg&you have it with either rice, chips or nan bread&chapatis! :wink:

Northwestern Michigan (aka the Great White North) :wink:
I live about an hour or two from some fairly large towns/cities which have foreign restaraunts, and we have a world renowned chef who is in semi-retirement about 30 minutes drive from here, and I've heard him on his TV program talking about making Chicken Curry or something like that occassionally :shrug: can't say I've run across the term much

Bang on susanp6! Best explanation! I want curry!!! NOW!

My god! Someone has just set a firework off right next to my house and I nearly fell off my chair! :crazy:

MrsDarcy said:

Stop it!! Just stop!

Oh his hairy chest!:tongue:

This hairy chest? :shifty:

Bono6.jpg

VertigoBono71.jpg

I can't believe that SG! It sounds so funny to me cos that's the most popular dish in the whole of Britain&if you're ever here you won't be able to get away from mention of curries!!! :no:

Strange? Not at all! :drool: :drool:

Sad_Girl said:
Northwestern Michigan (aka the Great White North) :wink:
I live about an hour or two from some fairly large towns/cities which have foreign restaraunts, and we have a world renowned chef who is in semi-retirement about 30 minutes drive from here, and I've heard him on his TV program talking about making Chicken Curry or something like that occassionally :shrug: can't say I've run across the term much

Omg go get some chicken curry right away! Really! You'll not regret it! I'm obsessed with the stuff!

susanp6 said:
I can't believe that SG! It sounds so funny to me cos that's the most popular dish in the whole of Britain&if you're ever here you won't be able to get away from mention of curries!!! :no:

Strange? Not at all! :drool: :drool:

Yip everyone in England have big fat curry bellies! I'm getting a big one on thurday for curry night! YEAHHH! Wish I was having a curry now though! *is very jealous of anyone eating a curry right now*

SG while we're on about food i loved about Chicago/Toronto that there were Steakhouses everywhere :drool:

i :love: steak, i'd personally much rather have food like bangers and mash, steak and chips, pizza, or fish and chips, im not a fan on hot food :reject: :lol:

Oh yeah, it's that way around here - 9 out of 10 restaraunts are steak houses/grills (Ribs :drool: burgers, that sort of stuff) I'd say a lot of the non steak/grill places are italian, seafood, then a few mexican and then a small group which would be considered 'exotic' :lol:

and there's fish and seafood at most steakhouses, too :yes:

Hey VP :hug: :) You heard us talking about Spanking Bono and came running, didn't ya? :wink:

sami0201 said:
:combust:

all of a sudden I don't feel well at all :( and I have to go babysit at 6:30 :|

:hug: Aww :( maybe it's partly just cuz you don't feel like going, but You'll feel a little better once you're there :heart: I know I do that a lot

bonoishot said:
SG while we're on about food i loved about Chicago/Toronto that there were Steakhouses everywhere :drool:

i :love: steak, i'd personally much rather have food like bangers and mash, steak and chips, pizza, or fish and chips, im not a fan on hot food :reject: :lol:

Oooh I went to a great steak house in Vegas! Luxor Steakhouse! :drool:
Yeah, can't go wrong with a bit of bangers n mash. But I looooove hot food too!

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: Aww :( maybe it's partly just cuz you don't feel like going, but You'll feel a little better once you're there :heart: I know I do that a lot

yeah, hopefully :hug:

should I tell them I can't babysit next Saturday because I have the concert Sunday and I have to leave really early? (it's true!) :hmm: maybe I shouldn just go next week since I can't sit the next 2 weeks after that because I'll be in NY :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom