PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One a month? Cool!
I've got a 10K in 2 weeks but I"m still only running 4.5 miles tops when I go out on my own so it should be interesting. Still having shoe issues too. MUST break in new super-supportive magical (read "expensive") insoles.

Yeah, that way it will keep me motivated to keep my fitness levels up. I really slacked off SO much this fall and winter, and I want to lose a bunch of weight, as I gained quite a few pounds, I'm sure (I can't have a scale in the house, but I can tell that some of my clothes are tighter than they used to be).

Ugh, I hate shoe issues. :( Hopefully yours won't take too long to be broken in.

Good luck with the 10k! :up: I'm sure you'll be fine. As long as you're running in the lead-up to it, I don't think you'll have a problem. You're a rockstar!

u2start.com?

And WHA-?!?!?! Note to self: Rent Velvet Goldmine - pronto.

No not u2 start, damn I can't think of the name and Mots isn't at her computer at the moment.

LOL yes rent Velvet Goldmine naow. Here's a nice Batman/ObiWan screencap. :shifty:

edit: oops shit wrong screencap, ObiWan is kissing JRM in this scene, not Christian Bale, oh well! lol

ewanjrmkissvg1.jpg

ewanjrmkissvg2.jpg

ewanjrmkissvg3.jpg

Ewan plays an out of control rockstar and he is fantastic in the role. Not to mention his full frontal nude jumping around like a madman on stage scene. :shifty:

Yeah, that way it will keep me motivated to keep my fitness levels up. I really slacked off SO much this fall and winter, and I want to lose a bunch of weight, as I gained quite a few pounds, I'm sure (I can't have a scale in the house, but I can tell that some of my clothes are tighter than they used to be).

Ugh, I hate shoe issues. :( Hopefully yours won't take too long to be broken in.

Good luck with the 10k! :up: I'm sure you'll be fine. As long as you're running in the lead-up to it, I don't think you'll have a problem. You're a rockstar!

okay I sent you 3 playlists. I didn't know a lot of the artists either. I asked a bunch of my friends for recommendations and those were my faves. I also do itunes searches ("ppl who bought so-and-so also bought so-and-so") or the itunes essentials lists (workout songs of the 90's and such). And a couple from the Whip It soundtrack, just b/c chick rock is fun to workout to!

I bought these insoles b/c I was getting blisters after 4.5 miles in all my shoes. The insoles gave me blisters after 1.5 miles! :doh: So I took them back in, they re-trimmed them and they should work but so far I've only gone 3 miles at a time. Must get my mileage up.

I was going to shoot for doing the 10k in 60 min but I think it's going to be more like 62 or 64 min. :shrug:

Oops forgot you were at work :doh: I'm glad I spoilered em. Hope you didn't get busted. At least JRM is in makeup... Maybe he just looks like a girl. :lol:

either way - we've got a pretty progressive school - they just look young!
And I"m in my office, in my theatre, with no windows, so it's really fine.

I did get caught on here (or maybe @u2.com) on the library computer once when the one in my office was broken :reject: The Asst. Principal just laughed and said something about what I do during my planning period being my own business! :lol:

I did get caught on here (or maybe @u2.com) on the library computer once when the one in my office was broken :reject: The Asst. Principal just laughed and said something about what I do during my planning period being my own business! :lol:

Oh good thing! :D

BTW Chelsea won't be able to PS that Bono pic for us until tomorrow I think, I hope that's alright. You can use the other Sydney pic in the meantime hopefully, no worries if you wind up making 2 because I'll buy them both either way. :shifty:

okay I sent you 3 playlists. I didn't know a lot of the artists either. I asked a bunch of my friends for recommendations and those were my faves. I also do itunes searches ("ppl who bought so-and-so also bought so-and-so") or the itunes essentials lists (workout songs of the 90's and such). And a couple from the Whip It soundtrack, just b/c chick rock is fun to workout to!

I bought these insoles b/c I was getting blisters after 4.5 miles in all my shoes. The insoles gave me blisters after 1.5 miles! :doh: So I took them back in, they re-trimmed them and they should work but so far I've only gone 3 miles at a time. Must get my mileage up.

I was going to shoot for doing the 10k in 60 min but I think it's going to be more like 62 or 64 min. :shrug:

Got them all - thanks! :) I'll for sure be looking those up. I'm all for discovering new stuff. :) I really liked that movie, but I can't remember the music. I agree - chick rock is great to workout to.

Wow, 64 minutes?! That's awesome!! It generally takes me around 95 minutes. If I hadn't had tendinitis last year and had kept up the pace that I was running at until I got injured, I would have most likely been able to do it in 85-ish minutes, which is an awesome improvement from previous years. Maybe this year I'll be able to improve. :)

Oh good thing! :D

BTW Chelsea won't be able to PS that Bono pic for us until tomorrow I think, I hope that's alright. You can use the other Sydney pic in the meantime hopefully, no worries if you wind up making 2 because I'll buy them both either way. :shifty:

I'm still playing with fixatives / lacquers / etc. Haven't found anything that works really well. But if you PM me the pics this weekend I'l lhave time to work on them.

Got them all - thanks! :) I'll for sure be looking those up. I'm all for discovering new stuff. :) I really liked that movie, but I can't remember the music. I agree - chick rock is great to workout to.

Wow, 64 minutes?! That's awesome!! It generally takes me around 95 minutes. If I hadn't had tendinitis last year and had kept up the pace that I was running at until I got injured, I would have most likely been able to do it in 85-ish minutes, which is an awesome improvement from previous years. Maybe this year I'll be able to improve. :)

The important thing it that we're doing it! and not NOT doing it, no matter what the time! :wink:

The important thing it that we're doing it! and not NOT doing it, no matter what the time! :wink:

That's very true. I always have to keep telling myself that it's a huge accomplishment to even finish a race, and I should never be ashamed of my times. Hell, I ran with an injury last year! :lol: I'm just super competitive and always want to be better, so it's always tough to not beat myself up if I don't improve. I'm getting out there and staying active and healthy, and that's something to be proud of.

No not u2 start, damn I can't think of the name and Mots isn't at her computer at the moment.

LOL yes rent Velvet Goldmine naow. Here's a nice Batman/ObiWan screencap. :shifty:

edit: oops shit wrong screencap, ObiWan is kissing JRM in this scene, not Christian Bale, oh well! lol

ewanjrmkissvg1.jpg

ewanjrmkissvg2.jpg

ewanjrmkissvg3.jpg

Ewan plays an out of control rockstar and he is fantastic in the role. Not to mention his full frontal nude jumping around like a madman on stage scene. :shifty:

Oh my! :ohmy:

I haven't seen that movie but might have to rent it :shifty:

Velvet Goldmine is awesome, and has an awesome soundtrack.

/drive-by post before I log back out

:wave:

That's very true. I always have to keep telling myself that it's a huge accomplishment to even finish a race, and I should never be ashamed of my times. Hell, I ran with an injury last year! :lol: I'm just super competitive and always want to be better, so it's always tough to not beat myself up if I don't improve. I'm getting out there and staying active and healthy, and that's something to be proud of.

You guys both rock for doing stuff like that!! :hug: :hug:

S
Dazz, I've always loved that pic you've got for a new avatar! It is a bit weird seeing you in something different though. : wink :

Re: the guitar and stage "look" and stuff... I've seen guitarists who are all about looking cool and they pull it off, and I've seen ones that don't pull it off and look like idiots. I've also seen guitarists, experienced and otherwise, who are clearly concentrating more on what they're playing (and enjoying it) than how they're looking, and that's better than trying to look cool and failing. : lol :
lol! sorry to confuse you!

And do you remmeber when ?Sad Girl was changing hers alot!LOL

about guitarists on stage.... In the end, yes, it's all about the music!
Just for me as a highly visual person, an artist, and one who loves fashion; even if I will generally as an adult i will only where what I thing looks good, and (mostly) appropriate on me- whenther it's still thought of as trendy or fashionable or not . :)

I sympathise! : hug :

I haven't touched my bass since I moved in August... which isn't quite 14 months but it's bad enough.

It's also a matter of making enough room in here to get it and the amp out... : slant :

thanks , and :hug:s for you to make room at some point to play!

I think this photo broke my computer cos I tried three times to quote it, and the reply page wouldn't load... : ol :

Sorry Adam, but I think I'm at least half an Edge girl now. : reject :
:giggle:

Ye gods, I just clicked on the full-sized version... Guh. *thud*
:lmao:
we've all been there with one band member's photo or another!

^^ When does a PLEBAn NOT want to see pics of Bono and Adam, Ali?
Yeah, ali, you must of been extra tired! :hug:
Comet, did you get to see your daughters on Craig Ferguson last night?

For the second time today, I forgot to set my alarm clock. Mr.Z just happened to wake me up 15 minutes before I usually leave. :gah: My subconscience is not being very nice to me. Just b/c I don't WANT to get up, doesn't mean I don't HAVE to, brain!
aaaaaaww, zu. :huh: :hug:

He's a middle aged Scot (who's extremely proud of his new American citizenship and has a ginormous tattoo on his arm to prove it. : lol : ) he's got an adorable perverted sense of humor, never vulgar (maybe naughty is the word I want) ........and his show is all improv and we just love him. My kids managed to see the backs of their heads on the air on the last night ;)
He's so funny! His American citizenship stuff is sweet, and funny. Of course I love his accent!
:lol: Yay, for your kids!

........ Still having shoe issues too. MUST break in new super-supportive magical (read "expensive") insoles.
Good Luck with your shoesand insoles! Blisters are tricky, and nasty!

I did get caught on here (or maybe @u2.com) on the library computer once when the one in my office was broken : reject : The Asst. Principal just laughed and said something about what I do during my planning period being my own business! : lol :

:lol: good for the Asst Principal!

Okay for zoooey and daz, here is where you can get all the salome/Achtung stuff... I don't think there's a problem with posting these links here, but of course if I'm wrong, Mods please delete or let me know and I'll PM it. You can thank Bono Mot and her amazing memory for stuff like this ;)

copy paste her email here:

Do you mean the entire Hansa Ton recordings or just the Salome' ones?

Hansa Ton...

http://rapidshare.com/files/230346248/Hansa.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/230356781/Hansa.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/230356815/Hansa.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/230365824/Hansa.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/230330121/Hansa.part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/230330123/Hansa.part6.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/230330247/Hansa.part7.rar

or here:

U2 Hansa Ton Salome (Achtung Baby! outtakes) Complete (7 cd) FLA (download torrent) - TPB

Salome' only:

U2 salome outtakes rar - Rapidshare Download - (141 files)

Hey Dazz!

I'm okay, figures out I injured my tailbone with my fall wednesday as it hurts. :grumpy: Couldn't do situps at karate because it hurt too much to sit like that. Ah well, at least I got to pet prettyboy's sweaty hair. :shifty: Things seem to be going quite okay.

How are you?

ETA: Comet, that stuff should be okay. It's not commercially released material. :) How are ya?

That movie sounds like the one I received screencaps from years ago. :shifty: is that the one Comet?

You mean some screen caps i sent you years ago? Why yes, yes that's the one. :shifty:

Hey Dazz!

I'm okay, figures out I injured my tailbone with my fall wednesday as it hurts. :grumpy: Couldn't do situps at karate because it hurt too much to sit like that. Ah well, at least I got to pet prettyboy's sweaty hair. :shifty: Things seem to be going quite okay.

How are you?

Oh no not the tailbone Gg :(

When I was in jr. high school (so ya know, the dark ages) I fell off some high bars right onto my tailbone. It was bad, the pain was so intense I couldn't think straight for nearly an hour. To this day I have back problems I wouldn't doubt started there. I hope yours heals well. :pray:

hey, guess what? It's FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!!!

I'm off to the gym then to hang out with my son and make some yummy dinner (just not sure what yet). Then to dl some Salome, I guess. Maybe a stop at the art store.

copy paste her email here
what? is that extraneous?

um whats the differense between the Han So and Salome?

i've seen the Hanso in YT as I was looking for Salome.

does Hanso include the Salome stuff?

so there are the links.....
sorry for hand-holding :lol:
i go 2 the link and then what?

you or if gg knows can answer.....

You mean some screen caps i sent you years ago? Why yes, yes that's the one. :shifty:

Oh no not the tailbone Gg :(

When I was in jr. high school (so ya know, the dark ages) I fell off some high bars right onto my tailbone. It was bad, the pain was so intense I couldn't think straight for nearly an hour. To this day I have back problems I wouldn;t doubt started there. I hope yours heals well. :pray:

:giggle: Oh I remember those quite vividly.

That sounds pretty bad! Can a physiotherapist do anything for you? In primary school I once fell off a wooden staircase on my tailbone, it was bruised for weeks. :crack: I hope this time it's not that bad!

hey, guess what? It's FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!!!

I'm off to the gym then to hang out with my son and make some yummy dinner (just not sure what yet). Then to dl some Salome, I guess. Maybe a stop at the art store.

WOO! :cabbagepatch: I still have 2 hours left of work, but then I'm going to quickly stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things for my dinner tonight, then I'm just having a relaxing night at home.

I ordered some things from Amazon and they're supposed to arrive today. I just checked the online tracking but they haven't arrived yet, so maybe there's hope that it will be there when I get home tonight. Although packages are usually delivered by this time, so it might be Monday before I get it. I hope it does arrive today, because then I'll have fun DVD's to watch this weekend. :)

copy paste her email here
what? is that extraneous?

um whats the differense between the Han So and Salome?

i've seen the Hanso in YT as I was looking for Salome.

does Hanso include the Salome stuff?

so there are the links.....
sorry for hand-holding :lol:
i go 2 the link and then what?

you or if gg knows can answer.....

daz, I have no clue sorry. :lol: I have everything myself that I have been meaning to organize but I've never even listened to it all. I do have the "album" breakdowns though complete wit CD covers that Mot helped me gather so I'll post those for you guys later okay? They should be very helpful in organizing.

Oh and yes go to those links and you will see places to download everything.

Back
Top Bottom