PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL, yeah, that's what I meant to say, when it's on tonight :p.

It'll be on in about less than 20 minutes here-comes on at 11:37 central time here. "In your region", and all that :D.

All right, cool. Yeah, never hurts to look, so I'll keep an eye out. Would be neat if they did pop up.

I love that others here like him, too :). How can you not, really? He's fantastic. Great way to finish off the day TV-wise.

Maybe someday if I ever find myself out that way we could go to a taping together or something! That'd be fun.

Angela

Absolutely! I'd love to go! :D

For CeeCee :wave:

edgeadamKWbwcamiyak.png

plus she made 2 extras for the heck of it.

edgeadamKWcolor1camiyak.png

edgeadamKWcolor2camiyak.png

:hmm:

Thora, don't we need your current running playlist- so we now what not to suggest?? :D
And what bands/performers to avoid!!?

I just heard (for my first time)on YT at ? Croke Park or something like that from 1986 Simple Minds playing New Gold Dream with Bono as guest singer with Jim Kerr.
oh it was smoking and propulsive.....
I'd happily suggest that < but I don't know if you like SM.

And anyone elese who likes SM and has not heard this YT verion ...run to it!
It's wonderful! :hyper::hyper::up:

I'm fine, waiting for the Craig show to come on. :) That question you asked before about downloading? I know there is a webpage somewhere that you can download all of the AB sessions stuff easy and free. I don't remember what it's called though and I'm sure if you asked in the Music on the Internet section someone will know. Or if you wait I can ask Bono Mot because she'll probably remember.

Absolutely! I'd love to go! :D

Woohoo! I'll keep that in mind, then.

*Editing next part to keep spoilers hidden until bonocomet sees the show*:

Tonight's show was so awesomely funny. The "rabbit" stuff, omfg :lmao: (please tell me Craig told his studio audience the details of that, 'cause if so, I wanna know :p!). I looooooooove Craig's wickedly naughty sense of humor.

And Morgan Freeman reading from Snooki's book (seriously? :rolleyes: Well, that makes me feel a LOT better about my shot at publishing a book someday-if she can do it, I sure as hell can) was great, too. That guy can make anything sound classy.

Also, that opening number? Yeah, that kicked all sorts of ass.

Moving is crazily stressful

Quoted for truth. I HAAAAAAAAAATE moving. I'm sick to death of it.

but at least we get to wear casual clothes for the rest of the month. :lol: It's the small things that make me happy...

LOL, makes sense. Yay for lax dress codes!

My workplace is fairly cool dress-code wise. Pretty much goes like: No blue jeans. Keep it clean and not full of holes. And no writing anywhere on the outfits.

Outside of that, they don't care.

I think if Iever got good enough on the guitar to play n front of peope (not that I'm aiming for this) if I felt good about myself in general I might be able to pull it off for a bit...but I'm poretty sure at some point self-conciousness would run roaring in :uhoh: and "poof" there would go *the magic*.... :sad: ah well! :)

Aw :hug:. I hear you, I'd probably feel similar. But then again, if the crowd was enjoying it, maybe that'd make it easier.

and yet you'd do kareoke!

I really would love to rock out, but I am very self concious about my voice.:uhoh: It's quite high-pitched.

I know I'm not the worst singer. I know that b/c I mostly sing on key, though i can hear mtself going off and correct it- I can't usually stop it originally (which might be helped by training).

I do have a friend who has done it, if I ever get up the courage I might take her with me.

We would goto the one of the Live Band Kareoke bars.

There ya go, that'd be a good way to do it. And having a friend along certainly helps-extra support and they're willing to risk looking just as silly as you are :p. And if you know already you'd sound good to an audience, that can help your confidence, too.

I don't have a good voice. At all. I just like singing along with music. Same goes with dancing. I know I'm not Queen of the Dance, but I don't care, dancing is fun.

I am amazed at musicians picking out stuff & going with it whether they have real formal training or not. I also think you have to have at least some talent to begin with: which can be further cultivated through guidance & study. Some people have alot of talent (and further honed by studies), but are not prodegies, and then there sre those few who are progedies.
I am amazed how musicians do what they do.

I wholeheartedly agree. Music and the people who make it-it's just such a fascinating topic to learn about, to discuss. I love music so much, and the fact that there are people out there responsible for crafting some of the most wonderful sounds I've ever heard in my life is truly awe-inspiring. Which is why I've always said if I had to be blind or deaf I'd go with being blind. I couldn't stand not being able to hear music anymore.

the very rare times I have had the melody plus a bassline and other instruments for harmony or furthering the melody pop into my head have been shockingly wonderful!

Excellent :up:. Keep at it, who knows what other awesome sounds you can make.

I have read that Edge does use Garage Band, and it makes perfect sence to me:

I imagine he can quickly put down a mrlody etc, and have it be there in a somewhat permanent fashion. Then he can then make certain before doing further stuff on the actual guitar, with more filters and stuff.

Oh, interesting. I wonder that sometimes about musicians, when they use all this fancy technology now, they probably think back to the days before it existed and think, "Where was this when I was just starting out?" I know some people get bothered by artists using technology like that, but it's no different from artists using other technologies that were available to them in the past, and as long as I know THEY are still involved in the creation of the work, and as long as it still turns out good in the end, whatever tools they use to make it are fine by me *Shrugs*.

Speaking of music, Thora, I'd love to pass on some recommendations. What do you have on your playlist now, so that I'm not suggesting something you already have?

Angela

Aw :hug:. I hear you, I'd probably feel similar. But then again, if the crowd was enjoying it, maybe that'd make it easier.

There ya go, that'd be a good way to do it. And having a friend along certainly helps-extra support and they're willing to risk looking just as silly as you are :p. And if you know already you'd sound good to an audience, that can help your confidence, too.

I don't have a good voice. At all. I just like singing along with music. Same goes with dancing. I know I'm not Queen of the Dance, but I don't care, dancing is fun.

I wholeheartedly agree. Music and the people who make it-it's just such a fascinating topic to learn about, to discuss. I love music so much, and the fact that there are people out there responsible for crafting some of the most wonderful sounds I've ever heard in my life is truly awe-inspiring. Which is why I've always said if I had to be blind or deaf I'd go with being blind. I couldn't stand not being able to hear music anymore.

Angela
yeah, definatley, if i saw that the club audfience was enjoying thermsleves that would really help ( guitar playing)

same with the kareoke
my friend has a better voice than mine.
I just know that I don't completely suck at singing.

and I'm slowly getting used to singing aloud again in my :heart: apt

At my previous with a 2 roomate + me situaution the roomie who was there before and after me got very vicious and more about 2 years into my 10 year stay- the place, locarion, the stores, the beautiful big tree-lined streets, half a mile away or less from some of Brooklyn's most beautiful attractions, some yummy restaurants, a B&N 3/4 mile away (w bus route for mostof it when i didn't weant to walk), plus independnet bookstores, wonderful crafts shops in the next nabe over - is what kept me there plus not finding something suitabke on previous tries......

anyway she would get riled up if she heard me singing (like of she heard the radio or CD player going) down the hallway... i'd have my door shut and some muffled sound would come out...... she'd start screaming at me from down the hallway, or bang on my door.

I love to sing! I love music!
I love to be enveloped, withthe music all around me ( live concerts will do that!:hyper::drool::drool:)!

so this was energy draing situaion at times :(
so smetimes I can forget that I can sing now! I'm not singing loud past 10P at night....

I'm a pretty good dancer (non-ballroom)
I love to dance!
when my younger 20 & 30's firneds - I sometimes join them to see a local U2 Tribute Band --- I can keep up with them when we're "swaying to the music, oooh ohh oh " :D

I odn't even tempt Fate anymore with that either this or that question

I love looking at Natire! I love looking at people's creative visual works in Art & Artisan Crafts, and Crafts in general!

I'm fine, waiting for the Craig show to come on. :) That question you asked before about downloading? I know there is a webpage somewhere that you can download all of the AB sessionsstuff easy and free. I don't remember what it's called though and I'm sure if you asked in the Music on the Internet section someone will know. Or if you wait I can ask Bono Mot because she'll probably remember.

do you mean basically the Salome stuff and there's another name for the same or simiallr collection I've seen on YT

Oh i got plenty to keep me occupied. :D No rush!
so please ask Ms Mot when you get a chance to! :)

if she doesn't remmeber then i'll got into the music section

and thanks!

Thora> more recommendations>>>

while it's not as fast tempo'd as some "drive songs " are

I am absolutely in love with from the Salome Tapes with

I Feel Free (Take 1) :ohmy::drool::drool:

it's bascially got a somewhat slowed version of the riff in UTEOTW with a whole diffrent set of singing/lyrics and some diffrence in the basswork/drumming. The singing both solo, a lot of harmonizing, and intertwining is sooooo beautiful! omg!!! < imho :wink: >
And

if you've never heard
(She's Gonna) Blow Your House Down #2
WOW! :ohmy: :drool::drool:
i can't quite place what it might have turned into on AB, and
there is a very, familar U2 Bass Riff right at the end of the verses which I can't place!
This is faster, very intense, very cool!

and since we (I) know you love U2~~ I have that right! :D

I've only hear these 2 ( a few others) for the first times in this past week (maybe a bit last week, too)

and I'm just "blown away"......

there's a saying.... "how much Joy can you take?!"

I guess I can take a lot becuase Incredible Music (and incredible Art & Artisan Crafts) ( oh, yes, and Nature) ....... makes me soooo high/yet usually clear-headed at the same time!

it's the way I also feel about IGC, alot fo NLOTH etc (and AB "proper" )

so wow, oh, wow, oh wow...... :drool: :happy: :zen::zen:

:D

I'm sure everyone saw this, but he bears repeating. :love:

edgehaitit-shirt12-19-2010armssmilecuff.jpg

I think this photo broke my computer cos I tried three times to quote it, and the reply page wouldn't load... :lol:

But Wow. :love: It's been a while since I've right-click-saved! Amazing photo.

Sorry Adam, but I think I'm at least half an Edge girl now. :reject:

So much to catch up on... apologies if I miss things!

Big :hug:s and get-well vibes to those who've come afoul of strong-willed cats or slippery conditions or random acts of gravity... hope your various hurts heal quickly!

Dazz, I've always loved that pic you've got for a new avatar! It is a bit weird seeing you in something different though. :wink:

Tempura... :drool: And congrats on your new postcode, Thora! :D

Re: the guitar and stage "look" and stuff... I've seen guitarists who are all about looking cool and they pull it off, and I've seen ones that don't pull it off and look like idiots. I've also seen guitarists, experienced and otherwise, who are clearly concentrating more on what they're playing (and enjoying it) than how they're looking, and that's better than trying to look cool and failing. :lol:

The thought of me playing on stage is utterly ludicrous, but if I ever did it, I would hope I would be able to get into the music enough to not worry so much about how I look and whether anyone's actually looking at me. The benefit of playing bass is that you're not supposed to be in the spotlight so much... :wink:
(Unless you're like the dudes in Sleepmakeswaves or The Night Terrors... omg. Lead bass ftw!)

My friend who met Bono and Adam in Brisbane has put her pics on FB... not sure if this will work.

*experiments*

ETA: Nope. Will have to do it the long way round!

Although I'm not sure if anyone wants to see the pics, now that they'd be a month old and have random people grinning in them...!

I'm fine, waiting for the Craig show to come on. :) That question you asked before about downloading? I know there is a webpage somewhere that you can download all of the AB sessions stuff easy and free. I don't remember what it's called though and I'm sure if you asked in the Music on the Internet section someone will know. Or if you wait I can ask Bono Mot because she'll probably remember.

Are you talking about the Salome tapes? I'd love to get all of that stuff. It's not on u2torrents, is it?

Comet, did you get to see your daughters on Craig Ferguson last night?

For the second time today, I forgot to set my alarm clock. Mr.Z just happened to wake me up 15 minutes before I usually leave. :gah: My subconscience is not being very nice to me. Just b/c I don't WANT to get up, doesn't mean I don't HAVE to, brain!

:hmm:

Thora, don't we need your current running playlist- so we now what not to suggest?? :D
And what bands/performers to avoid!!?

Speaking of music, Thora, I'd love to pass on some recommendations. What do you have on your playlist now, so that I'm not suggesting something you already have?

Angela

Ahh, yes. An old playlist. That might be good, so you know what I absolutely do NOT want to hear on this new playlist. :lol: I'm definitely sick of the songs I had by: Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch :)giggle:), AC/DC, Bon Jovi, INXS, Justin Timberlake, The Killers, Everclear, Beastie Boys, Green Day, Pink, Britney Spears, Guns N Roses, and a bunch of other random stuff from not as known bands. I'm afraid I don't want to listen to U2 either. :reject: I'm fully prepared to be shunned for that. :wink:

Other than that, I'm open to pretty much anything that's really fast paced. Music is what keeps me going when I'm running, so I need to have something with a fast tempo that will motivate me to keep my ass moving when I'd much rather sit down and go back to sleep. :lol:

Had quite a juicy dream last night involving Jonathan Rhys Meyers :drool: :love:

I think it's cuz I've been watching an episode of the The Tudors everyday for the past week before bed :shifty: I've got all the dvd sets :wink:

Oooh - very nice! :D

I think this photo broke my computer cos I tried three times to quote it, and the reply page wouldn't load... :lol:

But Wow. :love: It's been a while since I've right-click-saved! Amazing photo.

Sorry Adam, but I think I'm at least half an Edge girl now. :reject:

Edge has long since made me a partial Edge girl since day 1 I think. I'll never leave Bono I'm afraid, but I occasionally have a hot n heavy fling with his guitarist. :shifty:

Did you mean the full size pic here in this thread or on the original website? Because I shrunk the size in half for posting here, on the original size it is GINORMOUS size. Like nostril pore examining size. :crack::lol:

Had quite a juicy dream last night involving Jonathan Rhys Meyers :drool: :love:

I think it's cuz I've been watching an episode of the The Tudors everyday for the past week before bed :shifty: I've got all the dvd sets :wink:

I loved him in Velvet Goldmine with Ewan Macgregor and Christian Bale. Where else can you see the future Batman and ObiWan Kenobi having sex? I mean guh! :giggle:

Are you talking about the Salome tapes? I'd love to get all of that stuff. It's not on u2torrents, is it?

YES! I've got all of with a super simple download, no torenting needed from this website, er... I'll ask Mot, she'll know!
(it may also be at u2torrents, but this other site has it in just simple click and downloads)

So I did watch Craig Ferguson last night when my kids were in the audience. If any of you don't know him you should check him out. He's by far my fave over everyone including Conan. He's a middle aged Scot (who's extremely proud of his new American citizenship and has a ginormous tattoo on his arm to prove it. :lol: ) he's got an adorable perverted sense of humor, never vulgar (maybe naughty is the word I want) but somehow reminds me of my own sense of humor. Anyway. He's just cute and and his show is all improv and we just love him. My kids managed to see the backs of their heads on the air on the last night ;)

Edge has long since made me a partial Edge girl since day 1 I think. I'll never leave Bono I'm afraid, but I occasionally have a hot n heavy fling with his guitarist. :shifty:

Did you mean the full size pic here in this thread or on the original website? Because I shrunk the size in half for posting here, on the original size it is GINORMOUS size. Like nostril pore examining size. :crack::lol:

I loved him in Velvet Goldmine with Ewan Macgregor and Christian Bale. Where else can you see the future Batman and ObiWan Kenobi having sex? I mean guh! :giggle:

YES! I've got all of with a super simple download, no torenting needed from this website, er... I'll ask Mot, she'll know!
(it may also be at u2torrents, but this other site has it in just simple click and downloads)

u2start.com?

And WHA-?!?!?! Note to self: Rent Velvet Goldmine - pronto.

Thora, PMing you a couple of my workout playlists. Let me know if you want me to send you a CD. Are you running again? Are you signed up for any races? I'm signing up this weekend for Tri For the Cure in March.

Thora, PMing you a couple of my workout playlists. Let me know if you want me to send you a CD. Are you running again? Are you signed up for any races? I'm signing up this weekend for Tri For the Cure in March.

Awesome, can't wait to see your lists. :)

Yes, I'm starting training again on the 15th. I need to sign up this weekend for it - it's for a 10k in April. Gotta look through the list of 10k's for my area, and sign up for one every month or so after April. :)

I answer surveys for several different companies, and often get paid or other fun rewards for doing it. The one I answered this morning was all about "the top 10 of 2010," and it asked for your top songs, movies, books, etc. etc. but you only had a select list of things to choose from. Some things only had 10 choices, and you had to rank them. I hadn't heard of more than half the songs (and some of the artists/bands), the books and so on that they listed. :huh: :lol: I sent them an email afterward saying that their survey results aren't going to be very accurate, if you don't let people say what their ACTUAL favourites were, and give them such a small list to choose from. :lol: Stupid company.

One a month? Cool!
I've got a 10K in 2 weeks but I"m still only running 4.5 miles tops when I go out on my own so it should be interesting. Still having shoe issues too. MUST break in new super-supportive magical (read "expensive") insoles.

Back
Top Bottom