PGP: Wanting Some Mother-Suckin Rock & Roll in Montreal!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amy, I've seen your pic and your GAW-JUSS!!!!! :love:
Cori, I too have a teeny tiny curler but don't really know what to do with it. I think I tried to do the thing where most of your hair's straight and you just do tight curls on some of the top layer strands... don't remember if I liked it or if it turned out right.

I've also done the thing where you braid your hair wet (about 10 small braids) overnight and sometimes that works and sometimes it's just a rat's nest when I wake up.

That is EXACTLY how mine is! I can't just leave it. I have to blow dry it straight. It was stick straight until I got pregnant, and then it got this wave to it. :huh:

I guess I'm lucky - because it's so straight, as long as I deal with my bangs in the morning, I can pretty much pat it down with my hands and go. Which is what I do most days :lol:

I just bought a straightener after my last cut. I came home because they straightened it at the salon, and hubby loved it! . I haven't tried it yet! :lol:

ETA: Thanks for the compliment Zu!

I have a flat iron, but rarely ever use it. I've had my hair straightened a few times, and while it looked cool, I never felt comfortable. It just didn't ever look like me. In the few pictures I have, it looks like I've photoshopped someone else's hair onto mine. :lol:

I used to HATE my hair being so curly, but now I really like it. :)

Ack, I'm sorry! If it makes you feel any better, my hair used to be naturally curly with tight curls, and I haaaaated it.

So it was only directed to my younger self, not anyone else with curly hair. :wink:

I got my hair from my dad. He was a strawberry blond until he was 21, if you can believe it. Mine only goes blond in summer. My hair is the only part of me I like. I'm protective of it.

Oh, my coworker/friend? That's the only thing I can think of where I would have mention a bassist. (I don't usually have much to say about Adam. :wink: )

If that's what you mean, I was just yammering because he wants to change some of the songs we were already working on for our gig.

I have a flat iron, but rarely ever use it. I've had my hair straightened a few times, and while it looked cool, I never felt comfortable. It just didn't ever look like me. In the few pictures I have, it looks like I've photoshopped someone else's hair onto mine. :lol:

I used to HATE my hair being so curly, but now I really like it. :)

Thora, I love your dark wavy hair :love:

Aww, thanks ladies. :kiss: I'm hoping to book an appointment to get it cut this week. I can't remember the last time I got it cut - perhaps in the summer? I need to get a good 6 inches chopped off.

I was just going through my old photo albums, and found a pic of me with straight hair for the first time when I was about 18-19. I was SO damn skinny back then! :lol:

I need a haircut - I'm trying to grow it out, but it needs to be shaped. I like my hairdresser, but it's about $60 for a cut so i try to only go to her 2X/yr. Last time I went was August. :reject:

I used to stretch it out for months without a cut, but now that I know how much nicer it looks with keeping the layers trimmed, I go every three months or so.

I work for a big company, and we have a lot of musicians. So a few years ago, someone organized a musicians' network, and people started getting together during lunch or whenever and jamming or whatever. (There's a small rehearsal space across the street where we have a room on permanent reserve.)

We put together concerts a few times a year, where people with existing bands will play, or people who created a group just for the show will play. I've done some stuff over the years, usually singing with the same group of guys, or singing backup for another gal.

The bass player I usually play with suggested doing a set of old U2, specifically stuff from Red Rocks. So we finally got our act together, got our guitarist on board, and started practicing - went really well! I'm so excited.

Then he decided he maybe wanted to try throwing in some other U2 stuff. Not sure what will happen with that - we might not have enough time, or the others might not want to do it. I'm waiting to see what the guitarist thinks, as he'll have to make the call as to what will work or what he can learn fast enough.

I'd rather stick with the Red Rocks set, but I did suggest a few alternate songs I think would be doable (and that I could sing - at least almost everything on the Red Rocks show is in my range). He suggested completely different songs to the others, which kind of cheesed me off.

But whatever. It'll be fun, no matter what we pull off.

I really need to be better at getting it cut more often. It really makes a huge difference in how it looks.

Just for fun, I took a picture of the picture. :lol: Please excuse the horrid glasses & braces. This is when I was 19, and a friend straightened my hair. :)

038.jpg

Every time I see 1st & 10 in a football game, it reminds me of my mom. She used to be a cheerleader when she was a teenager, and one year when I was in my early 20's, we went to a football game in Washington. She was super drunk & started doing cheers to that ("1st & 10, do it again!!" etc.) every time it would happen. :lol: :cute:

I work for a big company, and we have a lot of musicians. So a few years ago, someone organized a musicians' network, and people started getting together during lunch or whenever and jamming or whatever. (There's a small rehearsal space across the street where we have a room on permanent reserve.)

We put together concerts a few times a year, where people with existing bands will play, or people who created a group just for the show will play. I've done some stuff over the years, usually singing with the same group of guys, or singing backup for another gal.

The bass player I usually play with suggested doing a set of old U2, specifically stuff from Red Rocks. So we finally got our act together, got our guitarist on board, and started practicing - went really well! I'm so excited.

Then he decided he maybe wanted to try throwing in some other U2 stuff. Not sure what will happen with that - we might not have enough time, or the others might not want to do it. I'm waiting to see what the guitarist thinks, as he'll have to make the call as to what will work or what he can learn fast enough.

I'd rather stick with the Red Rocks set, but I did suggest a few alternate songs I think would be doable (and that I could sing - at least almost everything on the Red Rocks show is in my range). He suggested completely different songs to the others, which kind of cheesed me off.

But whatever. It'll be fun, no matter what we pull off.

:ohmy: :hyper: I envy you right now. Really, really, really envy you.

I can't believe it actually came together! We'd been talking about it for a while. Fingers crossed it doesn't fall apart. Concert will probably be mid-March - we're still waiting to find out.

We usually play at this club that's okay, but has kind of a crappy sound system, but since our company is celebrating our 40th anniversary this spring, we're hoping to tie the concerts into the other events, and are looking to book a bigger, better venue. :pray:

I really need to be better at getting it cut more often. It really makes a huge difference in how it looks.

Just for fun, I took a picture of the picture. :lol: Please excuse the horrid glasses & braces. This is when I was 19, and a friend straightened my hair. :)

038.jpg

so cute! And you don't even look 19 in that pic, more like 15 :cute:

Every time I see 1st & 10 in a football game, it reminds me of my mom. She used to be a cheerleader when she was a teenager, and one year when I was in my early 20's, we went to a football game in Washington. She was super drunk & started doing cheers to that ("1st & 10, do it again!!" etc.) every time it would happen. :lol: :cute:

love it!

I can't believe it actually came together! We'd been talking about it for a while. Fingers crossed it doesn't fall apart. Concert will probably be mid-March - we're still waiting to find out.

We usually play at this club that's okay, but has kind of a crappy sound system, but since our company is celebrating our 40th anniversary this spring, we're hoping to tie the concerts into the other events, and are looking to book a bigger, better venue. :pray:

I'll make sacrifices to the gods of Rock N Roll.

:lol: Thanks.

So happy the Packers won. :) My parents are at the game! Working! I hope my mom was allowed to drop the "impartial" part of her duties and let 'er rip after it was over!

Yay, Packers! :hi5:

That's so cool that your parents were at the game, cori. I can't imagine being at a final game where my team was playing, and having to stay impartial. I'd probably implode! :lol:

I know my dad said they couldn't get her credentials to be on the sidelines with him, so she was assigned to do ... something in the stands. No idea what she was doing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom