PGP: Waiting (not so) patiently for 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got scheduled for a conference call tomorrow morning at 10:30, something clearly out of my control. The guys back east want to meet with me, I have to be there. So I call my mom to let her know. And she starts screaming at me that she had things that she wanted to do tomorrow and that I don't pull my weight around the house and she can't trust me to do anything. And that my employers better be paying me overtime for as much time as I spend there instead of at home.

I cannot win with her. I can't. I take this promotion to earn some more money to try to help out cause she's losing her job at the end of the month. I take care of Riley for a hell of a lot longer than she does during the day. I have him from 7 am till 2:45. She only has to take care of him from 4:30 till 8, when he goes to bed. Big deal. She acts like it's SO hard to do. Then after he's asleep, she goes in and starts playing those fucking facebook games. And you know what? While I've got Riley, my employers expect me to work from home cause of deadlines during the day that I have to meet. Do you know how impossible that is? The other people in my position at other sites work 80 hours a week because of how demanding this job is. And I try to talk to her about it, but no. She has to show me how she's decorated her stupid fucking farm on Farmville or complain about her boss cause her job is so much more important than mine and so much more stressful. I can't get a word in edgewise, so I don't bother talking about it anymore. And it doesn't matter. I could have the house spotless everyday, pay every bill that's due and not have any money for myself, and she'd still find something to nag at me for. What does she want me to do? Resign? Go back to being a peon and we go bankrupt while she's farting around on Farmville while she should be looking for a job? It's just not fair.

So, I've tried to be productive today. I've gotten stuff done (while mourning the fact that I didn't go see Arcade Fire this evening, which I found out after the fact that I totally could have gotten tickets to. :scream: ), and in between, since I haven't really been online, I've been burning U2 bootlegs, which I'm woefully behind on, I think I had 13 to burn. Then a while ago, I put on the 360 dvd again. Figured that I'll really watch it while my dvds are burning, rather than half-ass watch it while I'm chatting.

So I have it on, and every song or two, I paused it to point out something to Sarah (who was just sitting around on her laptop, surfing), or to mention some U2 anecdote that was related. After an hour of grunts and monosyllabic responses, I asked her if anything was wrong. Her response: "I'm really not that interested in the dvd, and I feel bad that I'm not...but I'm really not. Besides, don't you have people online you could be talking about this to?"

Uh.... :|

A while later when she kept interrupting me to tell me stories about online comics and blogs she follows, She was all "yeah, I know, I'm sorry." I just said "good thing I'm more tolerant than you." :)

So apparently, if I have anything to say re the dvd, I'll be posting it here. :happy:

VP and Jess :hug:

I'm not interested in the DVD either. :reject: But I'd pretend to be for you. :kiss: OK that probably doesn't make you feel any better. :lol:

Ugh, I'm so exhausted from work and drama with men. Remember the person I told you about who I thought would never ever ever be interested in me? Welllllll.....I guess I was wrong. :| We both talked about it after something happened and agreed it can't go beyond where it went. But still......major awkwardness. Sorry for being all vague. :reject:

VP and Jess :hug:

I'm not interested in the DVD either. :reject: But I'd pretend to be for you. :kiss: OK that probably doesn't make you feel any better. :lol:

Ugh, I'm so exhausted from work and drama with men. Remember the person I told you about who I thought would never ever ever be interested in me? Welllllll.....I guess I was wrong. :| We both talked about it after something happened and agreed it can't go beyond where it went. But still......major awkwardness. Sorry for being all vague. :reject:

:ohmy: Details??

I'm watching Arcade Fire now. She's mustering a tiny bit more enthusiasm. :rolleyes:

Finally home. Never mind that I was supposed to get off at ten and it's now...half past a monkey's ass. I dunno what time it is other than too bloody late. And I should be getting to bed as I have to go back to work first thing tomorrow morning and work my arse off all day again. But I'm awake. I'm afraid to fall asleep, actually. Do you know how dreadfully boring it is to dream about Microsoft Excel all fucking night? About as dreadfully boring as it is to work with it all day. I was not built for accountancy. But the job isn't menial enough that I can ponder the mysteries of the universe while I do it. No sir, I have to pay attention. Bugger.

Ooh. My first insomnia-fueled rant in a while. But now all I can think of is Doctor Who. And The good Doctor somehow regenerating into The Edge. :hmm:

Woah, shit, Jess. :hug: :hug: .... Move out? I can't believe she's being so ludicrous.

Dr Who > Excel. :yes:

VP, sorry Sarah couldn't muster any more enthusiasm! :hug:

:lmao: not yet!!!

This is most chilled line ever, everyone is sprawled on the grass!! People would be freaking if this was U2 but obviously everyone here has commonsense and knows we will all get a good spot!! :lol: the spread outness of everyone makes it v difficult to talk to people though!! Just seen 2 hot guys with backstage passes. :drool:

Jem!!! Wild!!!! :hug:

Jem, omg, hope you're having a great time in line! It was leaked on thurs that Arcade fire were playing 2 secret shows in TO, in a venue that holds 1,200....the terms were cash only, one ticket per person, no holding spaces in line. I heard it, and I was GUTTED that it wouldn't work for Sarah and I, with her not being able to walk. Then today I checked online...apparently only around 500 ppl lined up for tickets. :scream: Omg, SO upset. And I'm sure Sat will be much busier than Friday. :sigh:

:lmao: not yet!!!

This is most chilled line ever, everyone is sprawled on the grass!! People would be freaking if this was U2 but obviously everyone here has commonsense and knows we will all get a good spot!! :lol: the spread outness of everyone makes it v difficult to talk to people though!! Just seen 2 hot guys with backstage passes. :drool:

WTF??? So no line up, practically?? Or just a lame line-up?? Same with Arcade Fire. WHAT THE FUCK??? ARE ALL BANDS JUST CHILL COMPARED TO U2??? :scream:

I know when i went to see Muse & Depeche Mode at the O" (20,000 seater?) I went after work

DM i was like 2nd row FOS, and i went after work

Muse we were seated but the GA queue was so short when we walked past :drool:

Muse @ Wembley Stadium will be interesting, see how they line up

Back
Top Bottom