PGP: Waiting (not so) patiently for 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just another drive by post from SF. Went to Alcatraz with the family then met up with Romi and Laura for lunch (along w/ a boy I hadn't seen since 9th grade!!! - what a trip!) then walked through Chinatown and North Beach. :yawn: Tomorrow we're walking across the Golden Gate Bridge! I can't help but think of the scene in X-Men 3, where Magneto moves the bridge over to Alcatraz! :giggle:

Hope you're all well. :hug:

Sounds like you're having fun!

Green Day are playing SF on 4 September. Idiot Club sent me a pre-sale code. It's killing me, cause I wanna go, but my mom probably won't let me. It's a Saturday. :sad: I could only be gone for the weekend...assuming I would be physically able to leave Northern California once I get there. And it's Green Day. In their hometown. I wanna go!!!

Glad you're having fun, zu!

Jess, I really think you should try to go - sounds like it would be amazing. Screw what your mom thinks - you deserve to do something fun!

So I'm watching my Olympics DVD's, and I'm watching one of the events I went to, and you can see my toque and hair! :hyper: :lol: Granted, it's a millisecond shot of the back of my head, but still! My head is visible in the crowd! :D Hee hee. There's no way you could have seen me in the crowds for the hockey games, but there's a good chance I might be visible in the speed skating event, which I'll be watching next. Yay! :)

Cool, Thora!

Yes, I must find a way to get to this show. :hmm:

Jess, you must go! Doooo iiiiiiiit. :hyper:

That's cool, Thora... yay for PGPers being visible in DVDs! :D

We call it soccer in Australia too, since most people (who weren't soccer fans first, at least), call AFL "football". Not sure if rugby fans call rugby "football"... don't think so. :hmm:

And our AFL is different to American AFL (which I know as "gridiron" for some reason), of course... our players don't wear armour, for a start. :wink:

Just another drive by post from SF. Went to Alcatraz with the family then met up with Romi and Laura for lunch (along w/ a boy I hadn't seen since 9th grade!!! - what a trip!) then walked through Chinatown and North Beach. :yawn: Tomorrow we're walking across the Golden Gate Bridge! I can't help but think of the scene in X-Men 3, where Magneto moves the bridge over to Alcatraz! :giggle:

Hope you're all well. :hug:

Glad you're having a fun time Z. :hug:

Sounds like you're having fun!

Green Day are playing SF on 4 September. Idiot Club sent me a pre-sale code. It's killing me, cause I wanna go, but my mom probably won't let me. It's a Saturday. :sad: I could only be gone for the weekend...assuming I would be physically able to leave Northern California once I get there. And it's Green Day. In their hometown. I wanna go!!!

I agree with Sharon on this one. You should definitely try to go.

Glad you're having fun, zu!

Jess, I really think you should try to go - sounds like it would be amazing. Screw what your mom thinks - you deserve to do something fun!

So I'm watching my Olympics DVD's, and I'm watching one of the events I went to, and you can see my toque and hair! :hyper: :lol: Granted, it's a millisecond shot of the back of my head, but still! My head is visible in the crowd! :D Hee hee. There's no way you could have seen me in the crowds for the hockey games, but there's a good chance I might be visible in the speed skating event, which I'll be watching next. Yay! :)

That's cool you can see yourself :D

PS: The headache I had since last weekend seems to be finally gone! :yippie:

*hopes she didn't jinx it*

Glad you're feeling better Ali :hug:

So on a more serious note, I would like to ask for some thoughts and prayers for my cousin.
He's going in for major brain surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor. This is his third brain tumor. He had one when he was nine that almost killed him. The doctors could not figure out how he survived. It was a miracle.
The tumor that he has now is wrapped around one of his nerves that controls his sight so as of right now he is almost blind.
I really hope he comes out of this okay. He could use all the prayers he can get.
Thanks guys :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Kristen. :hug: Will definitely be praying.

So I watched the speed skating events, and they didn't include the event I went to on the DVD. :rolleyes: Probably because there weren't any Canadians in that event, which is just so stupid. It was one of the most dramatic, thrilling events of the entire Olympics, and they couldn't even give it one or two minutes of coverage?! Bastards. :angry: I don't care so much about seeing me, but I wanted them to show the event more than anything. Pffft. :tsk:

And my dreams last night were Olympics related again. :lol: I think I need to stop watching these DVD's, since I'm having too many crazy dreams relating to that. :)

Sorry to hear that Kristen! I don't pray but I'll send some good thoughts your way. :hug: Hope the surgery will be ok.

My friend called me today. She knows I am still looking for Zooropa and Pop vinyls and she called to tell me she found Pop! The recordstore in the city where she studies called her after she left her number a while ago that they received one. It'll be expensive, but OMG it's POP! I'm going over there tomorrow with her to get it. :D

I has Zooropa and Pop on vinyl. I think Zooropa is even on colored vinyl. :tongue:

Sending good vibes your way Kristen! :hug:

I'm attempting to get some work done in between the games. :lol:

Thankfully we have a little lounge area in my department, and we're streaming the games during lunch time, so I'll be able to watch part of the Brazil game live. Until then I've just got the live matchcast from the Fifa website up. :)

Oh that's pretty sweet that you can watch them! :up:
I have the live matchcast up too, but it now went into stupid commercials. :doh:

:envy: I could dig some sushi. Perhaps I'll make some thursday or so.

Sushi for everyone! :drool:

I ordered a lunch box which has:
Shrimp sunomono
Dynamite roll
Daily special (who knows what it is today - sometimes it's edamame, gyoza or rice)
Tempura
4 pc sushi (generally shrimp, salmon, tuna and one other)

:love: It's a crapload of food, but oh so delicious!

...to the supermarket I go! Lunch time, and I must have sushi.

Wow. Lunch was AMAZING!! :combust: Dynamite roll is my new fave, I think. I'd never had it before, but I wanted to try something new. It had tempura shrimp, real crab, avacado and cucumber in it. Very tasty! :drool:

Unfortunately we couldn't get the live stream to work, so I missed the 2 goals. :angry:

Sushi for everyone! :drool:

I ordered a lunch box which has:
Shrimp sunomono
Dynamite roll
Daily special (who knows what it is today - sometimes it's edamame, gyoza or rice)
Tempura
4 pc sushi (generally shrimp, salmon, tuna and one other)

:love: It's a crapload of food, but oh so delicious!

:drool: omgwtfbbqwant!

Back
Top Bottom