PGP: Waiting (not so) patiently for 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having Melburnian weather here, too. There was frost on the car windows. Frost. In June. :| I'm starting to think global warming's a crock of shit.

I'm not a particle physicist. I'm a theoretical physicist.

"Global warming" is a bit of a misnomer, I think... "climate change" better describes what's going on. I guess it's a matter of there being more extremes in either direction at any time of year... or just general craziness.

*wants to hear scientists talking about how to combat General Craziness*
"We must reduce emissions of Lunacy and Chaos immediately!"

:wave: from the beautiful CA coast, all fogged in.

Ali, we were at the planetarium yesterday and the whole first part of the show was how hydrogen and helium created everything else, but they just sort of glossed over the details :lol: Cool show, though, with pics from a new satellite that NASA sent out, taking pics of the sun. "High, higher than the sun..."

:wave: to be-fogged Zooey!

Cool... the details tend to get very fiddly very quickly, and there aren't as many pretty pictures as you get with more general sort of astronomy... it all gets bogged down in smashing protons or neutrons into a nucleus, which turns it into another element, except it's usually an unstable isotope so it decays into something else, which is hit by another proton or neutron, etc etc. *crosseyed*

The sun looks awesome up close. :up:

Hope the rioting doesn't reach you.

I"m about 800 miles from LA so shouldn't be a problem. I'm almost afraid to watch the news, that I might lose all hope for humanity. I don't even know, I'm assuming it was the NBA championship, right? If all this hype is over a NON -championship game well, I just won't know what to say.

There's rioting? Over basketball?!

Have they got nothing better to be upset about there?

Woo!

Does it matter who wins this game, in terms of Australia's chances? I would guess that after Germany flattened us, it would be better for Aus if Serbia won?

Not that I think we have a chance of going through anyway... *L*

:
Ali, we were at the planetarium yesterday and the whole first part of the show was how hydrogen and helium created everything else, but they just sort of glossed over the details :lol: Cool show, though, with pics from a new satellite that NASA sent out, taking pics of the sun. "High, higher than the sun..."

:hyper: Oooo, a new satellite (of love :wink: )and photos! "I watched it for a little while...". :nerd::love:

We're having Melburnian weather here, too. There was frost on the car windows. Frost. In June. :| I'm starting to think global warming's a crock of shit.
:hug:

The global warming phenomena; while over all it brings the Earth's temperature up by x degrees ( depending on the model), also makes local & regional areas often get stronger storms than before (possibly more often as well). It can also make some areas drier, or wetter.

Because it also effects the jet stream: in North America the jet stream is often dipping further down into the Central Plains areas from Canada than normally has been at certain times of the year, thus bringer colder weather to some areas as well. :nerd:

I'm not a particle physicist. I'm a theoretical physicist.

:lol::lol:

Raises hand. :giggle: I thought Theoretical Physicists were supposed to know about particles as well! *run away*

:wink:

:hmm: Unless-- that applies more to Quantum Theory Physicists!:D

P.S.
I PHAILED Dr.Schrodinger's test. :reject:

But that's because I opened the spoiler space BEFORE I read the comment below!:lol::lol:

"Global warming" is a bit of a misnomer, I think... "climate change" better describes what's going on. I guess it's a matter of there being more extremes in either direction at any time of year... or just general craziness.

See my above post. :D

You're right about the "Climate Change" tag! Too bad that wasn't the first phrase used.

*wants to hear scientists talking about how to combat General Craziness*
"We lust reduce emissions of Lunacy and Chaos immediately!"

:lol::lol:

:ohmy::drool::drool::drool:
Never seen these two photos!

3399823232327Ffp47ot232353632325379.jpg

3399823232327Ffp46ot232778389XROQDF.jpg

Day-ammmm! it's gonna get hot enough in NYC the next few days!

:wink:

I need to find the video of Ty (one of the firefighters in the second half of the show)... OMG :combust: hot!, did a Matrix-inspired routine that included flipping out of his tearaway pants that women at the front of the stage were grabbing while he stood there...

:ohmy:

Kristen, good on you for getting Backstreet Boys tickets, if that makes you happy... I can't really talk, I saw John Farnham (an Australian singer who's considered very old and uncool) and Cliff Richard over the last 6 months :giggle: ... :reject:

Should be noted that the only reason I saw Cliff Richard was that he was with The Shadows... Apache :love:

Man, that guy has a lot of sparkly jackets. And a damn good plastic surgeon.

:ohmy:

Kristen, good on you for getting Backstreet Boys tickets, if that makes you happy... I can't really talk, I saw John Farnham (an Australian singer who's considered very old and uncool) and Cliff Richard over the last 6 months :giggle: ... :reject:

Should be noted that the only reason I saw Cliff Richard was that he was with The Shadows... Apache :love:

Man, that guy has a lot of sparkly jackets. And a damn good plastic surgeon.

Well high five for us seeing uncool singers and bands :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom