PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, Aussiegrrl! :evil:
We'll see what a Mighty PGP Posse can do!!!!

That's righty, we're coming to a Tucson Desert near youuuu!! : fist: LOL

Darn straight! :madwife: We don't let folks treat our Zu like that.

Feel better! {{hug}}
{ You should go out pick a few eucalyptus leaves, put 'em in a pot'o-H2O and get a good head/chest clearing steam a'going!!! : yes: :D }

what !!??!! : 0 none of those near you? : (

:lol: :tongue:

I park under a gum tree every day at home, and the stupid thing keeps dropping leaves and crud on my car (not to mention the resident possums pooing on it), so I suppose I should take my revenge and pick some of its leaves for my own benefit. *L* They're probably not the best variety for steaming, though... might be easier to get some eucalyptus oil in a bottle. :giggle:

Ali - your new sig is adorable :cute::heart:

Doctor + kitten = WIN. :cute: :love:

We watched the Mel Gibson version of Hamlet for English class at school... that scene was slightly disturbing, but I can't remember exactly what the text said so I dunno if the director was taking huge liberties or what. :shrug:

In any case, if we've learned one thing from Mel's Hamlet, Mad Max, and real life, he can do crazy really well. :slant:

Gallipoli was an amazing film, though.

Ali - your new sig is adorable :cute::heart:

Zooey - too bad you can't take a look at all the contemporary criticism of Hamlet - one of my required courses for my honours year in university was Contemporary Critical Theory, and the group project I was assigned to lead (with the TA, who was damn hot and unfortunately taken :lol:) was looking at criticism of the play... We picked a whole bunch of stuff, including feminist critics who were looking at the role of Ophelia and the Queen, psychological theories, etc. (Mind you I still disagree with the 'incest' one between the Queen and Hamlet that was also brought out somewhat in the Mel Gibson movie of the play...) </Shakespeare geek>

OMG I had so much fun today! I had a great time teaching the kids to look at the language from an actor's point of view then I got a couple of them to get up and move around with it a little. One of my intermediate actors is in the class so she and I did the "get thee to a nunnery" scene and it was AWESOME! So I went after school to talk to the teacher to see what he thought of my lesson and he said it was great and the kids loved it and they're all excited to come back to class on Wednesday and act out the next scene!!!!!!!!! :heart: :hyper: :heart: :hyper: :heart:

And yeah, Shakespeare was kinky but I don't know if I agree with the incest theory. Can't a guy be pissed about his mom marrying his father's killer / uncle without wanting to sleep with her?

Darn straight! :madwife: We don't let folks treat our Zu like that.

:lol: :tongue:

I park under a gum tree every day at home, and the stupid thing keeps dropping leaves and crud on my car (not to mention the resident possums pooing on it), so I suppose I should take my revenge and pick some of its leaves for my own benefit. *L* They're probably not the best variety for steaming, though... might be easier to get some eucalyptus oil in a bottle. :giggle:

Doctor + kitten = WIN. :cute: :love:

We watched the Mel Gibson version of Hamlet for English class at school... that scene was slightly disturbing, but I can't remember exactly what the text said so I dunno if the director was taking huge liberties or what. :shrug:

In any case, if we've learned one thing from Mel's Hamlet, Mad Max, and real life, he can do crazy really well. :slant:

Gallipoli was an amazing film, though.

I LOVE Gallipoli!!! "How fast ya gonna run? Fast as a leopard."

Old-skool sports motivation! *L*

I actually hadn't seen the whole film until it was showing in a motel I stayed at years ago, and I cried so much. :( The Adagio in G minor makes me tear up to this day.

That's great you all had such a good lesson with Shakespeare! :up:

Pardon my French but it was FUCKING ridiculous. The first half of the "interview" was a joke. There were 5 tables, each with a person with a question. We had exactly 2 minutes to be asked the question, which they weren't allowed to clarify, and answer it. Then a fucking timer went off and we'd move to the next table.

Then we were shown data about test scores and we had 15 minutes to write about how we'd use that info to plan our lessons and explain our rationale for doing what we'd do. And after 15 minutes another fucking timer went off, we printed out what we'd typed and THAT WAS IT!

THAT is how they're going to determine whether or not I'm a good teacher???!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Pardon my rant but I was PISSED!

*goes back to catching up*

But thanks for asking, and for the record, I think my answers were really good. :shrug: But whatever, if that's the system that doesn't want me, then I don't want to be a part of it. Know what I mean?

Okay, rant really over this time. :reject:

What the heck? That doesn't sound like a job interview, it sounds like some stupid personality test or something!

:hug: Sorry that it was so bad, hope you get to keep your job.

^ I'm sure that would go over reaaaaaalllly well. "Um Zooey... I mean, Maryann... is really good at um... coming up with funny captions for U2 pictures... and she can sense when ANYONE is talking about shirtless Larry... What do you mean "Who's Larry?' :scratch: "

are the HR people females? :shifty: We could just have Larry do the talking for ya. And some smiling... stretching... accidentally ripping his shirt...

Ta... And you know what? Fuck it. I'm still sick, I'm coughing my guts up, and I shouldn't even have gone in on Friday. No one there wants my germs, I have sick leave, and I want to be better for the gig tomorrow night. (ACSS! :hyper: ) As soon as I find my boss's phone number, I'm going back to bed.

:hug: Get well soon.

:tongue: Want to exchange germs? I now have such a nasty cough as well. Plus my throat is still a disaster.

I got a doctor's appointment in 2 hours. Hope he can find something.

I hope your doctor can make you get better quicker Gg!

I was making some gifs tonight but my computer froze up and freaked out in the middle of it :grumpy: so I only managed to get 1 uploaded.

edgecrossbigcomet.gif

:hug: Get well soon.

:tongue: Want to exchange germs? I now have such a nasty cough as well. Plus my throat is still a disaster.

I got a doctor's appointment in 2 hours. Hope he can find something.

Ta! You too... :hug:

No thanks on the germ-swap... I don't think my immune system is ready to cope with European germs, it's having enough trouble with Australian ones. *L* :tongue:

Good luck at the doc's!

I hope your doctor can make you get better quicker Gg!

I was making some gifs tonight but my computer froze up and freaked out in the middle of it :grumpy: so I only managed to get 1 uploaded.

edgecrossbigcomet.gif
:drool: Oh hello cowboy.

Ta! You too... :hug:

No thanks on the germ-swap... I don't think my immune system is ready to cope with European germs, it's having enough trouble with Australian ones. *L* :tongue:

Good luck at the doc's!

:coughcoughcough:

:tongue: Enjoy!

Turns out my throat infection left my immune system wide open for other germs. Now I got bronchitis. :grumpy: Going on pennicillin for a week and it should be better. Good thing I went to the docter, cause in a few days I would've gotten pneumonia off it. Lungs are rather full with fluid.

I came across some super old pics of the boys from I think 1981. I don't believe I have seen them around here before. :hmm: I'm going to try to scan them, though they are on pretty old and horrid newsprint so I don't know how they'll turn out but I'll see what I can do. The one of Edge. :cute:

:lol: Did you guys see that new interview where Bono and Edge are joking about how they've done the whole low-key humble hype thing, and now they're ready for the drugs and hookers. LOL!

I love working from home. I finished the few things done that I needed to get done today, did three loads of laundry, and ran to the bank and post office!

Now it's thundering outside, and I am crossing my fingers for an actual thunderstorm! It's so rare here. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom