PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Those pics are hilarious. I was home for a total of 45 minutes today :crack: But it's all good. Made a quick trip to the craft store for more jewelry supplies, and got a new personal record at swim practice today! (also, rode my bike the 7 miles to swim practice and back so I was on a total exercise high, topped off with a glass (okay 3 glasses) of wine. I'm a happy camper.

My interview is tomorrow. A ladybug landed on my leg at my son's game today so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Wow, that's quite the busy day. Good luck for tomorrow! Ladybugs are beautiful.

:wave: just popping in briefly. I'm back to marathoning LOST. :drool:

Having fun? :D

Eh, not bad. I need to take a shower. I'm supposed to meet a college friend for drinks later. I would have preferred to have dinner with her or something, not this "drinks later" thing, which I just KNOW is going to be like "Meet us at 10!" And we're meetingin a neighborhood where there is never any parking.

If it's not super late, I'll bus it there and cab it home, which sucks, but I absolutely hate driving around and around for 20 minutes or something trying to find a parking spot.

Ugh.

But anyway, other than my whiny annoyance, it's fine. :)

I missed the backstory on your interview - is it for another school? What's the skinny?

Oh, our school is "persistently underperforming" which means that, for the last two years, our test scores have gone down and last year we were in the bottom 5% of the state in test scores. So that means everyone gets fired and we all get to re-apply for our jobs. But they can only hire UP TO 50% of the original staff (but they're not obligated to re-hire anyone). Joy.

Oh, yeah. I remember you talking about that. what bullshit. I thought maybe you had an interview for somewhere else.

GOOD LUCK! :)

I just texted my friend to ask if we could do brunch tomorrow instead. I should have texted her earlier, but me not joining her tonight isn't going to change their plans, so I don't feel bad.

The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to get myself all put together just to meet them for a drink - either just one drink so I could drive home (and subject myself to parking in the Capitol Hill neighborhood), or multiple drinks and then an expensive cab ride home. Bleah.

^ lol - the joys of growing older. Last night Mr.Z's buddy asked if he wanted to go hear some band play, but the band didn't start until 11 or so. After a full work week, Mr.Z said he'd rather have dinner w/ his family and go to bed at a reasonable hour so he could get up early and clean the house :lol:

Okay, friend is fine doing brunch tomorrow. YAY. Same neighborhood, but parking will be much easier on a Sunday morning than a Saturday night.

Now I can go be a lazy-ass on the couch again.

I've learned my lesson with hearing bands on weeknights. I'm okay doing a late night on a weekend (or on a weekday where I have the next day off) once in a while. And I'll even do a late night on a weekday once in a verrrry great while, if it's a band I really want to see.

I went to see Florence and the Machine at a club last year and was so stinking tired, I couldn't even really enjoy it. That sucked. :(

aw, that's a bummer, but I hear ya. The one good club that gets decent national acts (Franz Ferdinand, Vampire Weekend, etc) starts their shows with the opening act promptly at 8pm and they're usually finished by 11 or 11:30. But I still don't usually go out on the week nights. We get home from our after school activities in time to make dinner, put the little guy to bed, get stuff ready for the next day, watch the news and go to bed. We're OLD!

Aw man, I'm jealous! I love the Showbox (the club that gets those kinds of acts), but they usually have at least two opening bands (it's so weird, and maybe it's just at the shows I've seen there), and the main band goes on at 10 or 10:30.

And if you get there very early and have dinner/a drink at the connected club, you can get in early and snag a table or a good spot. But that means you're there from, like, 6:30 until midnight or whenever, because the "early admission" is 7:00.

I really like the layout of the club, it's easy to get to on the bus for me, and they have great bands, but JEEZ. :grumpy:

I love the Showbox! I've seen a few shows there. It's funny, the husband of one of my good Seattle friends was at the same show as I was many years ago, and one day we figured out we were probably standing almost next to each other that night. :lol: It was so funny when we figured out we'd been at the same show many years before we met.

Lazy nights in PJ's, ftw! I'm in mine, watching hockey. Perfection! :drool:

I love the Showbox! I've seen a few shows there. It's funny, the husband of one of my good Seattle friends was at the same show as I was many years ago, and one day we figured out we were probably standing almost next to each other that night. :lol: It was so funny when we figured out we'd been at the same show many years before we met.

Lazy nights in PJ's, ftw! I'm in mine, watching hockey. Perfection! :drool:

:hi5:
I looked at Sicy's Oakland Vertigo pics and realized she was right across the catwalk from me! :lol:

They opened a second Showbox, down past the stadiums, by the Sbux HQ. It's just not nearly as good a venue, although the parking is better down there. :lol:

I know at one point we were trying to book that for our rock show for work, but I guess it fell through. Alas.

a) I found out last night that there's a U2 show from the Red Rocks era (war, right?) on our "On Demand" channel, which means we can watch it any time.

b) Lila just posted this U2 live online "radio station" that apparently plays live u2 all the time.

They opened a second Showbox, down past the stadiums, by the Sbux HQ. It's just not nearly as good a venue, although the parking is better down there. :lol:

I know at one point we were trying to book that for our rock show for work, but I guess it fell through. Alas.

Did you ever find out about the date for your u2 cover show, Cori?

Is the swim coach hot? :shifty:

Just a reminder to everyone (except zu - lucky!) to set your clocks forward tonight. I love more daylight hours, but losing an hour of sleep blows monkey chunks. I don't have anything to do tomorrow, but I'm going to bed as soon as the hockey game is over, because I know I'll probably wake up early. :sigh:

Oh. My. God. :depressed: I have had the WORST WORK DAY. If anyone has any EP, or AP, or hell, even some BP laying around, would you give it to me? I need to feel loved instead of like I want to burst into tears.

Oh. My. God. :depressed: I have had the WORST WORK DAY. If anyone has any EP, or AP, or hell, even some BP laying around, would you give it to me? I need to feel loved instead of like I want to burst into tears.

Oh No! Hope today is better :hug:

Hi girls :hug:

I'm going to try and be around a bit more ,life here seems to be getting back to normal so i can once again grace you with my pervyness :sexywink:

YaY :D

Hi girls :hug:

I'm going to try and be around a bit more ,life here seems to be getting back to normal so i can once again grace you with my pervyness :sexywink:

:hyper: Best news I've heard all day. :wink:

I'm leaving for my interview in about 5 minutes. I'm going back and forth between FREAKING OUT and telling myself that I will NOT let them define me or question my professional worth!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom