PGP: Waiting for the monster inbetween legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno if it was my camera or me, but most of the pics I took at last year's gigs came out pretty fuzzy. I guess it didn't help that I wasn't that close to the front for most of them! I still haven't worked out the optimal concert settings on my camera... and I kinda try not to take too many pics, otherwise I just remember taking pics afterwards, and not the actual show. *L*

thanks!
and glad I could give you an idea for the Winter Blahs.

Are your pics fuzzy/blurry becuase of movement or b/c it didn't focus right?

Mine can get fuzzy b/c the 4x optical zoom in a GA setting... I's hard so,etimes to be able to stay still when everyone is bopping around you and bumping (at least) gently into you!

The longer the zoom in- the way easier it is to get shakey photos becuase the flash is way too far away to capture the motion IF you use flash at all.
New camera models have motion dampening equipment built into them.

Besides the blurry from shaking sometimes for me... my biggest problem (i do almost all my shooting on Manual settings - since i did that with my film SLR as well) was Overexposure especial when they be going by or stopping by /near me! ARG! :lol:

I had been taking "tons" of film photos with my SLR of bands i loved and liked alot from 1970 - ?1983 BEFORE they got sooooo strict :madspit: :madspit: about cameras in arenas & stadiums. :angry:
I took photos of The Who with a little Kodak Instamatic camera actaully back in 1968 and knew then and there I wanted a better camera, which was my High School graduation present 2 years later. :love:

The camera I chose was one of the VERY few (I think) in it's price range model that had a Dual Internal Light Meter. It had an avaerge/general one, and a special Spot meter !!!
I knew besides Big Events in the city, and nature photograph; i wanted to be able to do R&R photography. With the spot meter I could focus on the band's faces that were often lit way brighter then the rest of them -esp if they were wearing medium to dark outfits.

At my GA U2 concert I FORGOT that the bigger digicam I have had a Spot meter I could switch too! :grumpy: I think i finally remembered after they had stopped coming by so close us. arg!!!!!
Hopefully IF i can get a GA for Philly, you bet I'll remember that spot metter.

You could take your camera to a different concert and practice, oh you don't have that much time left ! :hyper:
Well, if you still have any shows in between i'd suggest a practice run or two before 360 ! :yes::D

aaawww too bad about TBE

we still need a pic! :hyper: :lol: :wink:

I know. I have a new plan :hmm: I would have started putting it in place today but he and I were only in the same room for about 10 minutes. Maybe tomorrow...

I don't have wine. I'm not drinking during the week again. Too many calories! and I don't drink enough water to re-hydrate.

:wave:

I no longer have wine, but I have milk & cookies & Harry Potter!

I love that I went from being 30 to 13 in one hour or less.

That sounds like the perfect evening! :love: Minus the milk, of course. :wink: I'm reading the "Mark Reads Harry Potter" website right now. It's fun to see his reactions to certain things. :D

So do you ladies remember the conversation we had a while back about the Dana Carvey skit "choppin' broccoli?" Apparently he's on Jimmy Fallon tonight doing that skit! :lol: I don't know what time that's on, but I'm sure he'll have a link to it on his twitter tomorrow or something. I can never stay up late enough to watch those shows any more. :lol:

MTE

did you read the HP books before the movies?

I will read them after the movies are finished next late Spring.
If you have read them, how is your experience with the movies then.

The books are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!!!

Harry Potter and wine would be perfection. :love:

There isn't much wine left! Alas, alas!

I know. I have a new plan :hmm: I would have started putting it in place today but he and I were only in the same room for about 10 minutes. Maybe tomorrow...

I don't have wine. I'm not drinking during the week again. Too many calories! and I don't drink enough water to re-hydrate.

I love the strategic planning! :D

That sounds like the perfect evening! :love: Minus the milk, of course. :wink: I'm reading the "Mark Reads Harry Potter" website right now. It's fun to see his reactions to certain things. :D

I've been reading that, too. It's awesome!

New thread time, girlies!

[ QUOTE=dazzledbylight;7013652]same place 2nd interview or the 2nd place that's giving you an interviewe?

hope that makes sense!

BIG GOOD LUCK either way!
:hug::hug::hug:[/QUOTE]

same place 2nd interview. no one else wants to hire me. :sad:

Thanks! :hug:

Good luck DG! :hug:

I reckon books >>>>>>>>>>>>> movies, for Harry Potter.

Dazz, I have loads of concerts before U2, so lots of practice opportunity! I think most of the fuzziness in my pics was due to movement while I was zoomed in. I've only got a little point-and-shoot digital camera. But it fits nicely in the pocket of my cargo pants ... I'm over bringing bags to GA gigs.

I'm so not qualified to make the next thread... *runs back to work* :D

IDK if this would be over the line
it might be another long one....
wait i have 2 others

lets see this one w The Pretends line

PGP:Some of us are in the Gutter; some of us ae looking at the stars. The rest of us are staring at U2.

PGP: We Might Get Loud!

PGP: We Are ALWAYS Ready to Zoom In on U2!

Back
Top Bottom