PGP: U2, Will U Kiss Our Boo-boos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^:lol: I can still see the damned thing, and that was back in 2006... Even worse, it's not behind glass, so it REALLY freaks you out - I think all three of us jumped when it moved!

:lol:

Wax-Bono rates around the same I suppose.

VegasBono11-25-06.png

But he was still hot. :shifty: I was kind of obsessed with the hairs on his arm. He actually would have been pretty good if they'd done his hair right and put better shades on him.
One: I love your jeans. They are freaking awesome.
Two: Where is this wax musuem? *wants to go now* :shifty:
Three: WTF is up with Wax-Bono's hair? :ohmy:

:lol: For the record, the Bono at the rock wax museum in Niagara Falls also rates an "Oh dear." They got the shades right and the leather, but that's it :lol: He wasn't the only one, though some were good... and the animatronic Marilyn Manson that suddenly moves when you walk past it freaked me the hell out! :wink:
:yikes:

Sundance Film Festival is going on right now. *wishes she could go*

For all the really bad wax people they have, I have to admit, their Captain Jack Sparrow Johnny Depp was crazy GOOD.

Let me find the pic. :hmm:

Oh wow. That caused quite the commotion in our department the other day when word got around that reports suggest he is now single. :lol:

(I adore Depp, and have for ages, but I'm not a huge fan of Captain Jack...is that wrong? I just prefer his quirkier roles.)

I've heard so many good things about that series that it's on my "to watch" list. :up:

OH my god, it's seriously the best TV show ever. :heart: I'm kicking myself for not getting into it sooner, but I caught up in time to see the last episode as it aired. I just got all the DVD's a week ago. I think you'll love it. It's a fabulous show. :up:

Watching a dvd of Arcade Fire on Austin City Limits last weekend, and Wake Up just came on. I love practically anything they've ever done, they're probably my second favourite band currently, but Wake Up still gives me chills. :)

OH my god, it's seriously the best TV show ever. :heart: I'm kicking myself for not getting into it sooner, but I caught up in time to see the last episode as it aired. I just got all the DVD's a week ago. I think you'll love it. It's a fabulous show. :up:

Good to know! For some reason, when I think of it, I kind of compartmentalize it in my mind with Gilmore Girls. Is that fair, or are they totally different?

One: I love your jeans. They are freaking awesome.
Two: Where is this wax musuem? *wants to go now* :shifty:
Three: WTF is up with Wax-Bono's hair? :ohmy:

:yikes:

Sundance Film Festival is going on right now. *wishes she could go*

Aw thanks! They are super old, they were old then, and that pic is 6 years old. Actually I just realized I'm sitting here wearing that exact same shirt though! :)heart:s my Product Red clothes)

Oh wow. That caused quite the commotion in our department the other day when word got around that reports suggest he is now single. :lol:

(I adore Depp, and have for ages, but I'm not a huge fan of Captain Jack...is that wrong? I just prefer his quirkier roles.)

I'm still looking for that wax-Johnny photo. Dammit. I thought he was pretty dang good. He is Jack Sparrow though, so there is eyeliner. :wink:

I've yet to see "Friday Night Lights", too. I've got a lengthy little list of shows I need to start checking out.

Arcade Fire are good stuff-I haven't heard everything they've done, but I do quite like what I have heard. I saw a bit of their performance at that festival on PBS once, and they sounded absolutely fantastic. I think one of the guys went out into the crowd and everything, and everyone was so freakin' energetic.

Thanks!

Our department is pretty casual, so, no nerves. I mostly want to say to the two of them "okay, so why should I do this, and why shouldn't i?" And even my manager, who is one step above, is really awesome and casual. So, not really nervous beyond the normal "putting myself out there and subjecting myself to constructive criticism" thing. :)

Ah, I see. Sounds good, then, it's nice that they have such a relaxed atmosphere there. I like the way you open up the question like that. Just the fact you're willing to listen would be a definite bonus point right off the bat. And you get a chance to sell yourself, too, a bit :).

Good to know! For some reason, when I think of it, I kind of compartmentalize it in my mind with Gilmore Girls. Is that fair, or are they totally different?

Totally different. Gilmore Girls is a little quirkier and lighter. FNL has a lot more depth. The cinematography is incredible. I'd never had any desire to go to Texas until I saw this show. :lol:

Here, too, Katie--as well as graupel, sleet, freezing rain, wind. Good old-fashioned winter night!

Comet--that Captain Jack Sparrow picture! I'll be in my bunk . . . .

Ah, I see. Sounds good, then, it's nice that they have such a relaxed atmosphere there. I like the way you open up the question like that. Just the fact you're willing to listen would be a definite bonus point right off the bat. And you get a chance to sell yourself, too, a bit :).

Thanks! I think I have a fairly good grip on my strengths and weaknesses - I know what I'd be bringing to the position and what I lack - and while I think I'm fairly realistic, I also know I lean toward the negative, so it'd be nice to have the input of a few others. :)

Here, too, Katie--as well as graupel, sleet, freezing rain, wind. Good old-fashioned winter night!

Comet--that Captain Jack Sparrow picture! I'll be in my bunk . . . .

:lol: Right?

I thought if they can do Johnny Depp that good, they could have tried a little harder with Bono. :grumpy:

Honestly though, it was mainly the hair that ruined him. I need to look and see if I took any closeups of Bono like the Johnny one. :hmm:

Thanks! I think I have a fairly good grip on my strengths and weaknesses - I know what I'd be bringing to the position and what I lack - and while I think I'm fairly realistic, I also know I lean toward the negative, so it'd be nice to have the input of a few others. :)

Oh, yeah, absolutely. Let us know how it went, I'm dying to find out!

Wow. That Jack Sparrow model is the spitting image! I fully agree with the comments about them being TOO realistic-we never dealt with any mechanical ones at the wax museum I went to, but yeah, sometimes you look at these wax figures and half expect them to blink or something.

It's been years since I've seen snow :hyper: I care not that snow is cold/sucks/whatever....it's snow! and finally!

I want to kill tumblr for making the additional comment site options not align properly with posts. Rrrrrgh.

tumblr_ly2fhhbUqU1qbj805o1_250.gif

From the bridge at Selma in Mississippi
To the mouth of the river Nile
From the swamplands of Louisiana
To the high peaks of Kilimanjaro
From Dr. King’s America
To Nelson Mandela’s Africa
The journey of equality moves on
On, on, on

Back
Top Bottom