PGP: U2, Will U Kiss Our Boo-boos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a new Prince gif for GraceRyan to put in her arsenal:

nx9xye.gif

Is that from Under a Cherry Moon? Oh yeah, I know that shit.

Maybe you have an alter ego that even you don't know about, the reincarnation of Grace Kelly or something :D.

Well, I wish that ego would be present for family photos....

(Blerg. I'm editing because every time I want to say something about it, it makes me uncomfortable .)

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I've killed the thread! :reject:

Sorry.

No it's ok. I saw your post and I agree, which is why I never reply to her posts, but yeah I too get irritated and annoyed elsewhere, though I am trying to ignore. It's hard sometimes though. But I'm trying. So I'm sorry too.

:zen:

Also I'm busy with Bono and Edge in the other thread. :drool: They're a lovely distraction.

And I'm going to probably go finish off a rum cake that is sitting in the kitchen. :drool: It's a really strong one. :drunk: and super yummy.

:uhoh: Power's flickered a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes out completely tonight. It's pouring with rain right now, so branches of trees that still have snow on them are going to be breaking and falling. I wonder if I should just call it a night early, so I don't have to be fumbling around trying to light candles and whatever. :lol:

Is that a trick statement? Like, we ask for proof and you show us a pic of you draped over a dog named Prince?

If not, POST IT.

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement and advice in the last thread. :hug: I'm slowly putting together a plan, even if one of the contingencies is abandoning ship. :) Worked 4 hrs late tonight and I was hoping that an opportunity to discuss things would arise, but the vibe never felt right. I may request a small meeting on Monday.

:giggle:
But I don't think you can get banned for being a crazybird. The only time she was reprimanded was for totally derailing a thread. In the misc pic thread, she was technically contributing to the conversation, even if it was calling on the ghost of Grace Kelly to defend our dear Bono.

She honestly amuses me more than anything, and I kind of enjoy her brand of "crazybirdness." Makes things interesting. :) According to posts she's made in ZC she has mental issues. That said though, I'm probably not around enough these days to be annoyed, so you can't judge by me.

And Re the Fulbright thing - I have complete confidence that you'll land on your feet and get exactly what you want, eventually - you're too awesome not to. :kiss:

Well I think like you said, saying stuff just to stir shit up, is also trolling. But whatever. I do think it's pretty obnoxious to post her stupid crap in a thread where someone is asking for help, though. (bonogirl's thread)

(you guys are fast, :wink: my post was coming after cori's post)

You are right about that, though. :up:

Good luck Kristen, fingers crossed for you!! :hug:

And thanks Dazzled, if you see this - I miss you! :kiss: :hug: Hope you're well!

*In high pitched voice* You don't have to be beautiful to turn me on... *Attempts Prince moves, fails miserably*

I love that song. It cracks me up.

Well, I wish that ego would be present for family photos....

:lol: :hug: Hush, you.

Sounds like a good strategy, VP. A proper meeting time would be great, gives you a chance to prepare everything you want to bring up and work out your nerves and such. I'm glad you're giving it a shot :up:.

Hey, Thora, how'd your mac & cheese turn out earlier?

Edited to crack up at the wax Prince photo. THAT'S supposed to be him? He looks more like he's Rick James' long lost relative or something.

Is it as gross and disgusting up by you as it is down here?

Yup. Still shit-tons of snow on the ground in the front and back yards, but my driveway is completely clear now. The temperature's above freezing for the first time in almost a week, so that's nice. :lol: I'll definitely be going out and about tomorrow. A friend and I had planned to go to a movie last weekend, but that obviously got postponed, so hopefully we'll be going tomorrow night. It will be SO good to go grocery shopping and be away from the house for a few hours. :lol:

I'm sure I could get my car out of the parking lot, but I don't know that I could drive through the massive pile of sludge that's between the driveway and the street!

I hope it's melted by Sunday. I need to go to Target for some stuff.

Stay safe and warm all you guys having icky weather. :hug: We've had gorgeous days lately but they say a storm is coming but I'm sure we won't get anything as bad as ice and snow though.

I'm sure I could get my car out of the parking lot, but I don't know that I could drive through the massive pile of sludge that's between the driveway and the street!

I hope it's melted by Sunday. I need to go to Target for some stuff.

I don't know what the road are gonna look like, but if this keeps up all night long then it will definitely be possible for me to get out to a main road at some point tomorrow morning/afternoon. There's definitely going to be a lot of flooding in the next week, which is a big issue, but that's much easier for me to deal with than snow and ice. I'm used to driving in floods and rain - snow and ice freaks the fuck out of me. :lol:

Hopefully all yours is gone soon too!

Is that a trick statement? Like, we ask for proof and you show us a pic of you draped over a dog named Prince?

If not, POST IT.

THIS.

Hey, VP!

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered her mentioning something about that.

Oh hai. :flirt:

I think there might be a whole thread about it? I can't decide if it's genuine crazybirdness (LOVE that term, btw) or is she's going for the long troll, but either way I find it really funny, and this this place would be poorer without her posts. :) It takes all kinds, after all...

Ok dammit you got me.

It was only wax-Prince. :(

princemewaxmuseumvegas11-25-06.jpg

I was going to complain that it was only wax, but it has you in it, so I'm good. :sexywink:

I'm apparently all flirty and sexywinky tonight...

:lol:

Prince's wax replica rates an "......oh dear."

Wax-Bono rates around the same I suppose.

VegasBono11-25-06.png

But he was still hot. :shifty: I was kind of obsessed with the hairs on his arm. He actually would have been pretty good if they'd done his hair right and put better shades on him.

Yeah, I couldn't get past the hair. :lol:

.... but either way I find it really funny, and this this place would be poorer without her posts.

I found it mostly funny until recently, when I reached that crucial tipping point when her posts crossed from amusing to annoying.

My bedroom still semi looks like I'm auditioning for "Hoarders" (because I was MOVING ALL THE THINGS from the living room so it would look clean when the tech guy came tonight, instead of the living room of a yarn crazed slob), but now that the bed is clear I may actually go sleep :lol:

OTOH, I have a great start on the next "OMG the 'rents are coming MUST CLEAN APT!", as I had to do a good deal of that already :wink:

That prince photo is AWESOME, comet! :laugh:

It was FABULOUS!! :drool: I'm going to have a post with photos and the recipe up on my food site tomorrow, and can post the link once it's up, if you'd like. :)

Have you ever put lobster in your mac n cheese? :hmm: I've never made my own, but we had an absolutely amazing lobster mac n cheese at the House of Blues. :drool:

THIS.

Oh hai. :flirt:

I think there might be a whole thread about it? I can't decide if it's genuine crazybirdness (LOVE that term, btw) or is she's going for the long troll, but either way I find it really funny, and this this place would be poorer without her posts. :) It takes all kinds, after all...

I was going to complain that it was only was, but it has you in it, so I'm good. :sexywink:

I'm apparently all flirty and sexywinky tonight...

:flirt:

Wax-Bono rates around the same I suppose.

VegasBono11-25-06.png

But he was still hot. :shifty: I was kind of obsessed with the hairs on his arm. He actually would have been pretty good if they'd done his hair right and put better shades on him.

:lol: For the record, the Bono at the rock wax museum in Niagara Falls also rates an "Oh dear." They got the shades right and the leather, but that's it :lol: He wasn't the only one, though some were good... and the animatronic Marilyn Manson that suddenly moves when you walk past it freaked me the hell out! :wink:

I like the wax Bono. I seem to recall when I was at the wax museum in New York back in high school that I passed by a wax Bono. But I have no memory of posing for it, 'cause I wasn't as focused on U2 then. *Kicks self*

It was FABULOUS!! :drool: I'm going to have a post with photos and the recipe up on my food site tomorrow, and can post the link once it's up, if you'd like. :)

Sure! Sounds good :up:. Glad it turned out great!

Sounds like a good strategy, VP. A proper meeting time would be great, gives you a chance to prepare everything you want to bring up and work out your nerves and such. I'm glad you're giving it a shot :up:.

Thanks!

Our department is pretty casual, so, no nerves. I mostly want to say to the two of them "okay, so why should I do this, and why shouldn't i?" And even my manager, who is one step above, is really awesome and casual. So, not really nervous beyond the normal "putting myself out there and subjecting myself to constructive criticism" thing. :)

I found it mostly funny until recently, when I reached that crucial tipping point when her posts crossed from amusing to annoying.

Like I said, I'm not there yet, but that very well could be because I don't keep up on much around here these days. If I did, I might very well feel the same. :)

That said, I have this odd...fondness for her. I don't even know. :reject:

Yeah the hair is a big problem on a lot of them. You should see the Bruce. :yikes:

But Fly-Bono's leather clad thigh was nice to cling to :shifty: And yeah the hairs on his arm had me fascinated, they looked really real. :lol:

:lol: For the record, the Bono at the rock wax museum in Niagara Falls also rates an "Oh dear." They got the shades right and the leather, but that's it :lol: He wasn't the only one, though some were good... and the animatronic Marilyn Manson that suddenly moves when you walk past it freaked me the hell out! :wink:

OMG nightmare! :lol:

For all the really bad wax people they have, I have to admit, their Captain Jack Sparrow Johnny Depp was crazy GOOD.

Let me find the pic. :hmm:

Have you ever put lobster in your mac n cheese? :hmm: I've never made my own, but we had an absolutely amazing lobster mac n cheese at the House of Blues. :drool:

No, I've never tried that, but I definitely will be someday! :) I'm sure it would be very tasty.

I'm watching the series finale of Friday Night Lights, and I'm a stupid weepy mess. :lol: :sap:

Back
Top Bottom