PGP-U2 is the Original of the Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
:sigh: you know they used their power and $$$ to have it destroyed... I've found just about every other musician or actor I can imagine, but not his... of course...

Damn there are some funny looking pictures out there though!

Tommy Lee's is hilarious! :lol:

and did you know Bill Gates was arrested :ohmy:

Sad_Girl said:
:sigh: you know they used their power and $$$ to have it destroyed... I've found just about every other musician or actor I can imagine, but not his... of course... where was the arrest? it was a customs issue, right? I wonder if that has something to do with it? :hmm:

-----BEEP------

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:

:huh: What happened??

August 6, 1989: Adam Clayton arrested

Adam Clayton is arrested at the Blue Light Pub in Glencullen for possession of 19 grams of marijuana and intent to supply. He pleads guilty but avoids conviction by agreeing to pay 25,000 pounds to charity, a deal legal under Irish law. There is no mention of the arrest or conviction on Adam's police record.

In August 1989, Adam's name made the headlines when he was arrested in Dublin and charged with possession of a small amount of cannabis, with the intent to supply the drug to others. He avoided a conviction (which would have had serious repurcussions on his international touring schedule with U2) by making a sizable donation to charity. His regret, even years later, was not of the nature of the crime, but the fact that it was a crime: "It was my own fault. And I'm sure I was out of my head -- emotionally apart from anything else. But it is serious because it is illegal."

Sad_Girl said:
:sigh: you know they used their power and $$$ to have it destroyed... I've found just about every other musician or actor I can imagine, but not his... of course...

Tommy Lee's is hilarious! :lol:

and did you know Bill Gates was arrested :ohmy:

I was thinking the "where" might be a huge issue, as well. The US seems to have mug shots released/'misplaced' much more readily than other countries. Canada is more like Britain in that respect. Our court system is more similar, as well. A lot of media bans, and stuff like that.

VintagePunk said:

I was thinking the "where" might be a huge issue, as well. The US seems to have mug shots released/'misplaced' much more readily than other countries. Canada is more like Britain in that respect. Our court system is more similar, as well. A lot of media bans, and stuff like that.

Yeah, I just found the original/official clip about it, it was a pub over there. that has to be why

U2Girl1978 said:

:lol:

I had to edit something per SG's request. :shh:

Sorry :lol:

after I found the official story I didn't feel like it was something I shouldn't be talking about so much - as long as we don't say things that aren't true it shouldn't be any sort of a problem

:hug: thanks though

and I meant MY quote, originally, not your statement :uhoh: :laugh:

Sad_Girl said:

August 6, 1989: Adam Clayton arrested

Adam Clayton is arrested at the Blue Light Pub in Glencullen for possession of 19 grams of marijuana and intent to supply. He pleads guilty but avoids conviction by agreeing to pay 25,000 pounds to charity, a deal legal under Irish law. There is no mention of the arrest or conviction on Adam's police record.

In August 1989, Adam's name made the headlines when he was arrested in Dublin and charged with possession of a small amount of cannabis, with the intent to supply the drug to others. He avoided a conviction (which would have had serious repurcussions on his international touring schedule with U2) by making a sizable donation to charity. His regret, even years later, was not of the nature of the crime, but the fact that it was a crime: "It was my own fault. And I'm sure I was out of my head -- emotionally apart from anything else. But it is serious because it is illegal."

19 grams just sounds like such a small amount. How many grams are in a pound? :lol:

Okay there is 453.5 grams in a pound. Damn 19 grams is like a tiny amount, definetly for personal use. it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. But I think it should be legalized so thats probably why it doesn't bother me so much.

Back
Top Bottom