PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wambulance is coming, can't still move :S

:sad:

Hope you feel better soon, JJ. :hug:

The Edun poem scarf is so pretty! I have one myself and it looks so good with my authentic Bono sunglasses! The Emporio Armani 9592's :)

Oh, I wish I could afford those! Those are so freaking awesome! I was lucky when I was able to buy the (RED) GAP trenchcoat, as it was on clearace for $79.

Stupid aunt stole it from me, another of my (RED) coats, and all except 2 of my (RED) t-shirts. :sad:

^ I think they were only about $80, way less than normal. I just edited my post to include that I got them during Black Friday weekend haha, last pair!

The Edun poem scarf is so pretty! I have one myself and it looks so good with my authentic Bono sunglasses! The Emporio Armani 9592's :)

Squats are a good exercise, but I can't do them much anymore because they kill my knees ouch.

I don't really do ....well.... my major exercise is walking, and in my newer nabe (once i'm better again) climbing 3 flights subway stairs and 7 blocks downhill :lol:, when i get a new boom box (my 5 CD Free-Cycle gotten changer is beginning to mess up....but i will open up and try to clean it first as a friend suggested. Still i need a boom box with a working 1 or 2 cassette tape player as well.... i dance in the house to R&R.

And when i find my handwriten and drawn tai chi instructions - i did one form of it consistentlyfor 5 years (?81 - 87) then another 5 years consistently with a different form (95 - 2000 ish) with some sporadic pieces of each in between those yrs i will really get back to it!

plus hopefully some weight training for upper back! actually i sometimes remember to use my quad cane (?3-4 lbs) dividing each set of reps in half so so i can switch the heavier & bigger quad part (4 legs) to the other hand/arm for even workout! :lol: I talked alot w my wonderful PT person in rehab and good one for the short-run @home PT about things i could do home for longer term bone and muscle strength over months and years.

i credit that (and some other stuff) to me being free of any chronic aches and pains. ...only when i really over do something do i experience pain/aches. Usually it goes away from a few mins or hours. Rarer a few days, and rarest longer term pain now off & on. Right now- pains at my elbow areas and some for arm in straigtening them or gripping stuff in my hands. blah.
The right one started a few days before i left rehab (late june) i think it was tripped off by me sometimes pulling my self in the wheelcheer using the railings on the walls there. And the left one started around 6 weeks later.... from using the cane, I'm sure.

So i massage it. I keep forgetting tho to get a reusable cold/hot pack! :der: I do (I worry a little) mostly expect both to eventually be fine aain. One the rare occasions i've had these longer term problems they usually have resolved themselves in 3 - 6 ish months. One extra monkey-wrench is with me on temporary blood thinners a lot of phyto-nutrients provided in many fruits, including various berry yogurts, olive oil, several nuts, and most herbs & spices are not allowed.

The salicylates in all these items: Natural Asprin- originally discovered that North Eastern/Mid-Western Native Americans got it through i believe Willow-bark is a natural blood thinner. I eat greek, chinese, italian, indian, tex-mex, cali-mex, spanish/latino and some traditional 'merican dishes ost of it all chock-full of this stuff (and the many phytonuitrients)!

I haven't had much at all except some chinese since mid-May.

and don't do squats much... i should do some moderate ones once i'm all healed up. Deep squats -no- i have short achilles heels. I tend to fall over bacwards.

i just need to eat less of certain things and exercise more. I had been losing weight again before accident.

i do need to lose about 30 - 40 lbs at least ( depends on how much i weigh now) and another 10-15 would be best. :)

45 of my years have been in the middle-normal end, 2 sets
of 2+ yrs overweight one one early-mid 20's and middle-40's
and :( last 10 yrs <and heaviest at times>)
can i also say smallish hula-hoop! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------

oh and yes....that Edun scarf is very pretty!

dazzledbylight said:
i have short achilles heels.

Where a lot of high heeled shoes do ya? ;)

I wish you good luck getting back to that stuff and where you want to be.

Actually all this exercise talk is making me worry... I mostly do a hard-paced type of martial art (tai chi is slower or more about movement/body control, correct?) lots of kicking and jumping because of my level and physique, which is very hard on my knees and ankles (already very slightly tore something in my left ankle a year ago), add a stiff neck and iffy back and I shiver at what might happen to me later in life. It's a choice of doing something I enjoy and likely physically suffering at some point.

JJ! Be healed, darnit! Is it back stuff?

A supported squat takes the pressure off your knees. My knees are trashed. Stupid weight plus years I worked on my feet all day plus doing step aerobics and stuff plus turning 40 all add up to knee issues.

Hi everybody!

Where a lot of high heeled shoes do ya? ;)

I wish you good luck getting back to that stuff and where you want to be.

Actually all this exercise talk is making me worry... I mostly do a hard-paced type of martial art (tai chi is slower or more about movement/body control, correct?) lots of kicking and jumping because of my level and physique, which is very hard on my knees and ankles (already very slightly tore something in my left ankle a year ago), add a stiff neck and iffy back and I shiver at what might happen to me later in life. It's a choice of doing something I enjoy and likely physically suffering at some point.

thanks!

actually :lol: i hardly ever wore anything over ? 2 inches! and they were always "heavy" heels! No slinkly ones for me!

Why?
because i had wobbly ankles beyond that! even as a 12 yrs old + going ice skating i had to super lace, extra socks.... got my own b/c rented ones often were too loose!

after a year or so of my first tain chi and on going later too i have

Actually way stronger ankles than i ever had in my 20's - early 30's!

tai chi well there is the slow precision... for mindfulness & relaxation but there's more!

There's also excellent balancing work! You get a lot of dynamic balance training (what some esperts have begun to recognize) that we don't stand still too much as people in general - dynamic balance is all about ( i'm mostly sure) shifting weight, turning lifting and placing your leg/foot in another postion, many other positions which is what people do as they doing many regular tasks/activities, and with arm work over it you are also motor-nuerologically using your upper body in various positions- sometimes in oposites actions to your lower body.

In Some forms (or sections of forms) you do really deep wide dips and shift from one leg to the other while you're way down & then lift ypurself up. The ones I learned didn't have that part in it .

The second form i learned had some very obvious fighting motion/strikes with arms slowed down. And i think the first one had one big kick in it! tho it might have been 2nd. I'm trying to visualize where i was doing that one would tell me!

And parts of it move chi (life energy) for other health benifits.
There are specific Qui Gong exercises that may have proceeded tai chi- that tai chi grew out of too.

end of lesson// :D

That's really interesting! Thanks for the lesson ;) Maybe I'll consider doing something like that when I can't do what I'm doing now.

When I think about it, a lot of martial arts have similar components. Being "martial" of course there's probably some sort of fighting moves involved. While most of my class focuses on traditional stuff (to the particular art), we do a little bit of other things here and there, like strength training, flexibility, balance, endurance, etc. What I think a lot of people don't immediately realize is that just because it's slow doesn't mean it's easy, going into positions like that can be really hard, and you have to know how to center your weight.

And those darn rented skates are always loose on me too! But I don't go enough to buy my own pair. I admire people who can ice skate lol.

Hello. Drive by pop-in.

Speaking of falling in public.....my husband (granted at a tailgate since 10:30am drinking) wiped out BIG time while playing football. His left side is FUBAR.

my last public spill was in winter. It was a little icy and snowy - nothing that i have never walked OR run in before. My feet went out from under me and I was wearing a backpack. I was like a turtle trying to get up, but I was embarrassed.

Pop in drive by. :wave:

In the middle of a TV show marathon. Trying to do both seasons of Haven before season 3 starts on Friday.

:wave:

:shifty: Oh, and

bono360hotkiss.gif

:kiss::tongue::wink::shifty:

That's officially one of my new favourite Bono pics! Thanks, Comet! :)

Oh and Gg! :D The next door neighbor had a garage sale this morning. I bought a bass for $20 (and a tiny amp and guitar stand for $15 more). So, the whole set up for $35. :D

I can't play, but oh well, it's a kinda pretty guitar and it will look cool sitting there. :lol:

How's your playing going these days? :hmm:

:hug: to JJ. Sorry you're feeling crappy, hope you get better soon!

I just watched a "Behind the Music" episode on Train. Don't care for the band's music (and the episode didn't do much to change my opinion on them), but I just like the show in general. And they mentioned U2 a few times throughout the episode as well, which was interesting :p.

: shifty: Oh, and

bono360hotkiss.gif

:kiss::tongue::wink::shifty:

woah! LOL :drool::drool:

new GIF by la comet?

thanks could use a laugh....

managed to have a tiff with friend this past Sat
and a tiff with my sis this past ( as in around 11PM) night
on the phone :( :(

my sis and i infrtequently have tiffs and same with my friends

I haven't called friend but was feeling queasy from emotional, lack of sleep phyiscal stress.... if she doesn't call me in by thurs i'll call her... i have to get more stuff done on a totally unexpected thing but mostly will be good to great i hope... tues while booked my Mon traveling, and do the other thing Tues, and get ready for Springsteen concert!Weds! :hyper::hyper:

I haven't even had time yet to tell you all the stupid stuff that happened Thurs that ended up in in this very long public tranist trek by me on fri (what i have been trying to avoid)

ghads

i just spent practically an hour typing up a long e-mail to mey sis after she sent me an e-mail after we hung up.

more :sigh:

I didn't make that one Daz, but it's definitely worth sharing! ;) (don't know who made it.)

I'd like to see the video it's from though, love that cheeky look he gives there. :wink:

Oh and Gg! :D The next door neighbor had a garage sale this morning. I bought a bass for $20 (and a tiny amp and guitar stand for $15 more). So, the whole set up for $35. :D

I can't play, but oh well, it's a kinda pretty guitar and it will look cool sitting there. :lol:

How's your playing going these days? :hmm:

:reject: I've been playing far too little. I just don't find the time, which is ridiculous as most nights I'm sitting with my laptop browsing the internet. But yeah, I should play more.

:D Awesome you got it though! That's a great price. What kinda bass is it?

Wow! You just gotta love Vista.(yes,I have it,actually no complaints,but,) I had to open something in Explorer,and then I closed it.My computer told me that Explorer has shut down due some problem,would I like to search for solution? :doh:Of course it has shut down,cos I closed it!:lol:

:shifty::love:

I just watched a "Behind the Music" episode on Train. Don't care for the band's music (and the episode didn't do much to change my opinion on them), but I just like the show in general. And they mentioned U2 a few times throughout the episode as well, which was interesting :p.

I love Train. I can't believe I forgot that was one last night. :doh:

You DO know that we have the PGP posse for people like that!

:madwife: :madwife:

:wink:

If that would work, I'd call it up. :D:lol:

Wow! You just gotta love Vista.(yes,I have it,actually no complaints,but,) I had to open something in Explorer,and then I closed it.My computer told me that Explorer has shut down due some problem,would I like to search for solution? :doh:Of course it has shut down,cos I closed it!:lol:
:lol: That's fun, isn't it? I have 7 now, and it still does that, but only very rarely.

I'd go back to Windows XP if I had the choice between that and Vista.

No, I've had enough inbetween good versions shit with Windows ME. So now I skipped Vista and went straight for 7.

Wow, someone is offering cd-r bootlegs for free... but with 30 dollar shipping costs! :lol: What a deal, for something any knucklehead with a computer can download you'd pay 30 dollars for a copied cd?

I didn't make that one Daz, but it's definitely worth sharing! ;) (don't know who made it.)

I'd like to see the video it's from though, love that cheeky look he gives there. :wink:

It's the shoulder roll that gets me. Biting the lip and shoulder roll. *sigh*

Please, please go back to work boys. :sad:

I'd go back to Windows XP if I had the choice between that and Vista.

No, I've had enough inbetween good versions shit with Windows ME. So now I skipped Vista and went straight for 7.

Yeah,to be honest,I just can't be arsed actually. I bought my laptop with it three years ago and I haven't had any problems with Vista.Sometimes it just gives some:doh:moments.

It's the shoulder roll that gets me. Biting the lip and shoulder roll. *sigh*

Please, please go back to work boys. :sad:

Yep, the whole shoulder thing and all. Cheeky tart.

Gg the bass is a .... Slammer by Hamer. :happy: LOL probably cheap as hell! But it's pretty. Deep red sparkle with white pearl pick guard, and a maybe rosewood fretboard (it's dark anyway). Looks nice sitting here anyway! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom