PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that one with the video, and my old one... the original no video one. I loooove it. It's much bigger and thicker and chunkier than the newer one and so cool, kind of like driving an old classic car. :drool: I like it better than the video one because of the way it feels in my hand. :drool: The newer ones are thinner and not as smooth. :shifty: (Thank you for being so PGP approved U2 ipod.)
Well I wanted the old, no video one. But when I finally had saved enough, it was sold out and they just announced the new video one(my sisters' best friend worked at a big electronics chain here). So I waited and got that one. Still can hardly believe it was like, 300 something euros. :lol:

:ohmy:

Hey, last weekend I finally got a smart phone. I've never had one before.... it's kinda freaky.

I have a U2 iPod. I love it. It's pretty. :love:

Gg, how did you get the battery replaced?

There's companies here that do that for you, it was only 30 euros for a brand new battery, and fixed in an hour! I just went to the city centre to have lunch and when I got back my baby was working again. :love: Before that the battery lasted about 1 hour until it died.

:wave: No iphone here either! I`ve got a Nokia phone, which does look a bit like a Blackberry but its a pay as you go phone cheapy. Don`t see the reason for getting an expensive contract phone when I get free texts and calls on my PAYG when I top up.

:hi5: Same here. I don't really need a contract either as I use texting and calling so little, and when I top up I get 50 free texts or so. That's about all I need for half a year. :lol: I mostly send messages through WhatsApp now, as I have Wifi on the phone. Have Wifi at home, at uni and at my babysitting adress, so most of the time I will be online. :D Convenient and free!

I'm in the woods and hurt my back, can't move or stand up, oh well, better just rest a bit and try later, atleast it's warm.

Don't worry, calling someone when out of berries :D

OMG....tonight started a new session of boot camp at the gym. Two kind of heavier gals signed up this time around. We were doing lighter workouts since it's a new session and one of them fell over during squats! :doh: My instructor always tells people to use a bench and sit during the squat if they're still not familiar with them but she chose to ignore that suggestion and ended up losing her balance and tipping over. :der: The class changed from being called "boot camp" to total body conditioning because they felt like too many people were intimidated by the boot camp name. Since they changed the name we get a lot of people in the class that just are not ready for this type of workout and regret paying to take it. It's one of the few classes you actually have to pay for so I don't know how they found their way into signing up for this stuff without doing the research about what it is. There's no way I'd pay for a class without going to a preview of it before. Anyways I felt bad for her but at the same time it took everything I had in me to not laugh at her. :reject:

I blame the trainers equally for that one; they need to know how to train people of all levels. CrossFit makes you take a month long foundations class before jumping in though. One of the advantages of the CrossFit box is there is so much stuff you can use for modifications. I do my squats on the pole, like a hot, fabulous stripper. It's not a move I can do efficiently or safely without the pole, and it is also a move that has done amazing things for me and is extremely productive, with that modification. I have to speak up for myself to stay safe though -sometimes a trainer will forget that I row instead of run and if I had a more submissive personality, I might go along with it when they say run.

I recently went looking for info on training at larger body sizes and holy shit, there is ZERO information about it. A few of the CrossFit blogs had some coaches discussing their plans for super heavier (400 lb) clients and what would work best for somebody for whom just getting up off the floor is a work out, and it was all very respectful. People my body size tend to stay out of gyms so when we show up, mainstream trainers don't know what to do with us. I asked a CrossFitter doctor if they had access to any medical research on the subject and they couldn't come with anything. Very odd in a society that barks and barks about "get to the gym, fat ass" and there is no info about it. No wonder so many people fail at working out consistently. It's hard enough for me even with all the support and my BAMF attitude.

Wow. Just wow. Really, GQ? :tsk:

GQ2012Covers.jpg

So I say, to make all things equal and all ya know... a version of last year's GQ, the U2 in tuxes cover, the all nude version, you know for equality's sake and junk. :shifty:

I want to kick GQ in what I assume are their very teeny tiny testicles. WTAF, guys? Come on. Real men don't support rape culture.

I'm in the woods and hurt my back, can't move or stand up, oh well, better just rest a bit and try later, atleast it's warm.

Don't worry, calling someone when out of berries :D

Dude! OMG! Are you OK? Call somebody! Don't let Sasquatch get you!

There's companies here that do that for you, it was only 30 euros for a brand new battery, and fixed in an hour! I just went to the city centre to have lunch and when I got back my baby was working again. :love: Before that the battery lasted about 1 hour until it died.

Ah, ok. I wonder which stres around here can do that.... for future reference, as the battery still works ok. :D

Back home with few ants :D

:lol:

You need to be more careful. What would we do without you? :hug:

Does anybody here use the Nude line? They recently changed the formula. I was really in love with the Night Oil. The new version is nice but I think the old one worked better for me. So I grabbed some of the old stuff before it goes away. One of the things I got was the Moisture Balance which is a basic moisturizer. I'm so glad it was a small size. While it works OK, it's really
feels exactly like jizz
slimy and it feels gross putting it on your face.
Thank God they put a tint in it and it's not white.
Though this lends support to my theory that they're extracting something out of Larry Mullen Jr. for his youth vibe.

I have no way of ever being able to afford such expensive skin products.. same with EDUn clothing. Love the concept, but no way in hell I'll ever be able to justify spending 500 euros on a pair of pants.

Eww. :yuck: Shouldn't have clicked on the spoilers.

I got a bunch of free samples when the line first came out, because I wanted to give a few products a try. I really liked whatever it was that I had, but it was too damn expensive to buy the regular sized stuff. I just cannot justify spending a shit-ton of money on that kind of stuff. Plus, international shipping costs plus duty would make it even MORE unaffordable than it already is.

When you get to the age where your skin needs that little boost, you'll probably be able to afford it. I buy it off eBay and drugstore.com w/coupon codes and stuff, so I'm not paying full price. I can only afford the Edun t-shirts and that scarf, and I'm happy with them - the t-shirts get softer as time goes on. Also, none of those ridiculously priced freakishly designed Edun pieces are made for somebody of my uh, voluptuousness. LOL

When you get to the age where your skin needs that little boost, you'll probably be able to afford it. I buy it off eBay and drugstore.com w/coupon codes and stuff, so I'm not paying full price. I can only afford the Edun t-shirts and that scarf, and I'm happy with them - the t-shirts get softer as time goes on. Also, none of those ridiculously priced freakishly designed Edun pieces are made for somebody of my uh, voluptuousness. LOL

Yeaah, that's never going to happen. :lol: I've lasted 32 years with just soap and water, and my skin is flawless. Even when things eventually start to go downhill, I'll never spend very much money on that (if anything). It's just not worth it, for me. :)

I did buy a Edun scarf, which was a huge splurge for me. I paid full price then paid the ridiculous international shipping, and when I went to go pick it up at the post office, there was an ADDITIONAL duty charge, even though I'd paid for that in advance. :tsk: I usually avoid buying things from other countries specifically because of that. Our postal system SUCKS! :lol:

The most expensive thing I've ever bought (clothing-wise) was a pair of jeans from Charlotte Russe.

They cost $100. But, they make me feel pretty. :reject:

Oh, and I did buy that poem scarf from EDUN, because it's also pretty.

I'm kind of a princess about some stuff, but I usually acquire it through sales and coupons and stuff. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something, other than grocery stuff, though I shop at Trader Joe's and it's actually cheaper than the regular supermarkets for the stuff I use since I went Paleo.

Oh...wait a minute...that ticket to Madonna was a really reckless splurge.
$408. I know. I know. I KNOW. I have rent & student loans.
It was so worth it though.

Ok,there was a commercial for phone company on tv just now.Band was practicing in a garage,one guy runs in and asks:"Do we know any u2 songs,we just got ourselves a gig,a funeral and we can do it pro bono." Other one says:"Oh yeah,let's do the one with a long solo in it!"they do a little more blah blah. Then drummer starts banging out Vertigo.:scratch:

Ok,there was a commercial for phone company on tv just now.Band was practicing in a garage,one guy runs in and asks:"Do we know any u2 songs,we just got ourselves a gig,a funeral and we can do it pro bono." Other one says:"Oh yeah,let's do the one with a long solo in it!"they do a little more blah blah. Then drummer starts banging out Vertigo.:scratch:

:scratch:

The Edun poem scarf is so pretty! I have one myself and it looks so good with my authentic Bono sunglasses! The Emporio Armani 9592's :), lucky to have gotten those during Black Friday weekend a couple years ago.

Squats are a good exercise, but I can't do them much anymore because they kill my knees ouch.

And I want to see that commercial!

Also, I laugh when anyone falls, especially myself. So maybe I should have been more specific that I wasn't laughing because a heavier person fell during a workout but just over the fact that someone fell.

I rarely find anyone falling funny. :|

Though i once fell ...
...well i was heading probably rushing to one of my 3 then college buildngs My shoe caught on some edge of a cement sidewalk "tile" as in flat concrete laid out either in 3x3 4/x4 pieces.... and :ohmy: i had enough good balance skills (actually even better now usually) that I stumbled around lurching up, down, semi-spinning from side to side, too, for ? 15, ?? 30+ secs, in 3 separate actions before I finally went down! :lol:

My fellow students sitting in front in clapped, and one yelled, "can you do that again for the video tape!??! ". OMG I was sooo embarassed, but I had to laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom