PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG....tonight started a new session of boot camp at the gym. Two kind of heavier gals signed up this time around. We were doing lighter workouts since it's a new session and one of them fell over during squats! :doh: My instructor always tells people to use a bench and sit during the squat if they're still not familiar with them but she chose to ignore that suggestion and ended up losing her balance and tipping over. :der: The class changed from being called "boot camp" to total body conditioning because they felt like too many people were intimidated by the boot camp name. Since they changed the name we get a lot of people in the class that just are not ready for this type of workout and regret paying to take it. It's one of the few classes you actually have to pay for so I don't know how they found their way into signing up for this stuff without doing the research about what it is. There's no way I'd pay for a class without going to a preview of it before. Anyways I felt bad for her but at the same time it took everything I had in me to not laugh at her. :reject:

We started our bootcamp as well. Four of us. Oddly enough, the thinnest was the one that had a hard time keeping up. She had never done that type of workout. She apologized for being slow and I told her that was not the case. Hey, we're all here trying to do something good for our bodies.

She was still pretty tough on us even though she was holding back to see our threshold. Since she's my trainer, she knows that she can push me.

It felt sooo good.

We started our bootcamp as well. Four of us. Oddly enough, the thinnest was the one that had a hard time keeping up. She had never done that type of workout. She apologized for being slow and I told her that was not the case. Hey, we're all here trying to do something good for our bodies.

She was still pretty tough on us even though she was holding back to see our threshold. Since she's my trainer, she knows that she can push me.

It felt sooo good.

yeah it felt really good to have a hard workout. We were off last week and I almost threw up the week before so I only got half a session in that week. This was great tonight. There's 9 people in this class, the most that's ever been in a boot camp. I like smaller classes but my trainer even said that since they changed the name more people are interested in it.

My class is also taught by my trainer and she goes out of her way to kick my ass every single time. At one point she even stopped showing someone else a technique to tell me I needed to pick up the pace and run faster because she knows I can.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the larger girls taking the class, because as you said some smaller people also have issues, but maybe they should have worked up towards it first. My friend has taken the class with me for the past few months and although she runs a few times a week she had a very hard time with the strength training. But she said right away there's no way she could have taken the class had she not at least been in shape to run a few miles.

Yeah, the girl there was previewing the class. She liked it. I told my husband that it was like 2 sessions with our trainer.

Yeah, even if you look fit, that doesn't mean you are, like those lucky few that always look good with or without exercise haha.
I've been taking a sort of workout class regularly for the last ten years (though the level and instructors have changed) and I have a hard time with a lot of the cardio stuff, and I'm not much of a runner either. Gotta give credit to anybody that actually tries though, that's the good thing.

I would've chuckled a bit at the instructor falling over, too, arw :p.

That sounds very tough indeed. But sometimes you need that push to really get you going, I guess. Hope the sessions continue to go well.

I really need to exercise more. Don't know if I could go to a gym on a regular basis, but I could certainly work with some more at-home exercise stuff.

OMG.

OMG. A movie from 1990 starring Sean Bean is on tv in 2 minutes. *dies happy*

And it's one I've never even heard of!

Ahhhh, cool! I love it when that sort of thing happens :D. I often wind up sitting there going, "Heeeee, he looks so young and cute!" and stuff.

Glad you're enjoying the movie. What's it about?

no, no....the instructor didn't fall. A larger girl taking the class fell over because she did not listen our instructor's instructions regarding doing squats with a bench behind her so she knew how far to go down.

Oh. Sorry. My mistake, then :p.

To be fair to that girl, the chances are good I would've made a similar mistake.

Ahhhh, cool! I love it when that sort of thing happens :D. I often wind up sitting there going, "Heeeee, he looks so young and cute!" and stuff.

Glad you're enjoying the movie. What's it about?

It was a good movie.

It was about a serial killer in South Africa in 1982.

Let me take a wild guess... I betcha he dies before the movie's over. :hmm:

:giggle:

:lol: Actually, no. He didn't die. He was one of the good guys, I think.

And it surprised the hell out of me. :lol:

It was a good movie.

:lol: Actually, no. He didn't die. He was one of the good guys, I think.

And it surprised the hell out of me. :lol:

OMG well that's the rare Sean Bean ending then! :lol:

:wink: My kids and I were just watching the Sean Bean Death Reel again today. Lol, LOL.

Ooh Green Day just performed on America's Got Talent. I have no clue what they were doing on that show. :huh: (Justin Bieber was on it too) But I guess like U2 :wink: TV airtime is all good when you have new songs to perform.

And geeeez Billie Joe will NEVER age. :ohmy::lol::cute:

OMG well that's the rare Sean Bean ending then! :lol:

:wink: My kids and I were just watching the Sean Bean Death Reel again today. Lol, LOL.

I know, right?

Oh, I love the Death Reel!

BTW Tara, did you catch the Sons season opener yet? :hmm:

Looks like it should be a good season. :up:

I did. I was duly blown away by the awesomeness of it.

Tig is gonna stir up some shit the season! :shifty:

My heart broke for him in that one scene, though. That was just so sad. :sad:

I know, right?

Oh, I love the Death Reel!

I did. I was duly blown away by the awesomeness of it.

Tig is gonna stir up some shit the season! :shifty:

My heart broke for him in that one scene, though. That was just so sad. :sad:

OMG I KNOW, that was just horrid. :sad:

Yeah, I saw the "Sons" premiere last night, too. Very intense. Um. Wow.

It was a good movie.

Oooh. Sounds interesting. Should I ever come across it I may check it out sometime, then. And hooray for his character surviving the movie :lol:!

Also, Green Day performing on "America's Got Talent" is just weird to imagine. But hey, promotion's promotion, right?

I've decided that I'm just never going to have the time to properly catch up, so I'm just going to read a summary of the rest of season 4. :lol: :badfan: I heard the premiere was pretty crazy. I'll watch it this weekend, hopefully. :)

I've decided that I'm just never going to have the time to properly catch up, so I'm just going to read a summary of the rest of season 4. :lol: :badfan: I heard the premiere was pretty crazy. I'll watch it this weekend, hopefully. :)

:hmm: Hmm, if you do that, I'm not sure that you will truly be able to hate Clay's guts though as much as you should :lol:, so you really you should watch it all! LOL, but I can understand not having time to catch up.

Holy crap it's 103 degrees here right now. I messaged my brother in the desert (Vegas) and it's only 93 there. What the crap??! I live on the coast, I protest this madness. :grumpy:

bonocomet said:
105º now.... :crack:

Wow, 105! I could never stand that lol. 85 is my limit for too hot, and it got to the high 90s a bunch of times this summer. I'm so happy it's starting to cool down to the 70s here. I hope and your family are keeping cool and well hydrated! :)

Wow, 105! I could never stand that lol. 85 is my limit for too hot, and it got to the high 90s a bunch of times this summer. I'm so happy it's starting to cool down to the 70s here. I hope and your family are keeping cool and well hydrated! :)

:) Yes I'm in AC right now, however I'm on my way home where we do not have AC so... :uhoh:

By the way, have we met? :hmm: Sorry if I don't remember, :reject: I'm a scatterbrain these days. :der: But if you hang out in PGP we want to know you. :sexywink: I'm Cathleen from San Diego, CA, but everyone here just calls me Comet. :D

:wave: Talk to you later if I miss you right now, gotta go but I'm sure I'll pop back in tonight.

I think seeing two overweight girls in my boot camp last night helped me put my own progress in perspective. So instead of just walking or not going to the gym at all, I ran 3 miles today. My tush hurts like hell from all of the squats I did last night but I decided I could deal with the pain and just kept on going. I also kept cranking up the speed on the treadmill because I knew I could run at a faster rate than I have been lately. That felt super awesome. I have plans to walk/run around a 3 mile lake tomorrow with a friend so hopefully I will continue to stay motivated.

bonocomet said:
By the way, have we met?

Nope, I've never officially introduced myself. I've mostly been observing the forums for a few months, I'm generally not very trusting of anything online but U2 fans seem pretty nice ;) and this or U2.com are the only places I've ever even considered posting on.
I'm just looking for a place to chat about U2 mostly, since I don't really know anyone to do that with, though I realize there are discussions like this that are unrelated.
I'm just one of those crazies that listens to nothing but U2... aka a fan! And don't ask me who's my favourite band member because it's too close hahaha.
So happy right now because it's one of the rare times where I'm free enough to listen to/watch a concert-length playlist of U2! All my top favourites :)

:hmm: Hmm, if you do that, I'm not sure that you will truly be able to hate Clay's guts though as much as you should :lol:, so you really you should watch it all! LOL, but I can understand not having time to catch up.
I agree with all of this. :D

OMG I KNOW, that was just horrid. :sad:
It almost made me not wanna watch :reject:

Oh and YES... i loved that he wasn't gonna just roll over and kiss Clay's ass either. :up:
Yes! I thought that was awesome. I really do not like Clay...

But then, I've never really liked him. :lol:

Oh, I hate him plenty enough already! :lol: He's always weirded me out. :lol:

105º now.... :crack:

:drool: So jealous!!

There are a TON of food & wine events going on in my city this weekend, and I just wish I could go to all of them. I have to work for a little bit tomorrow, but I am just SO much in need of a free weekend that I think I'm going to skip everything. However, I might drop in on one briefly on Sunday (since it's free). Why do people schedule so many great things all in one weekend?! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom