PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
There, is that pleasing to everyone.....

edgemorocco1991ac.jpg

EdgejeansGlastonbury.jpg

NLOTHkennymorrison13.jpg

larryelevationgroupcrop.jpg

larryarmswhitet.jpg

Adamroseshades.jpg

shirtless360adamsmile.jpg

Jeez, they archived that right quick. Shit....luckily I have this saved, granted it might not be exactly right.

BonoLiberationFrance9-20-2010.jpg

BonoAfricaMay2006passport.jpg

BonofrenchQA10-201114.jpg

QAwards10-24-201143thud.jpg

BonoshadeslessQ10-2011.jpg

TIFFFTSDPressToronto9-9-2011Bono.jpg

BonoLAEdunBeverlyHillsCAscarf3-2012.png

bonomugmoonalice.jpg

bonohappymontreal3602011.jpg

Bono.jpg

IF anyone one who doesn't know my in Brooklyn/Manhattan 9-11 story which just a few of you now- wants to read it....it's on the lst pg of previous thread.

I'm just going to bring over what i saw last night.

when i left in a huff... i had planned to go out anyway...but after I had finished my post.

so i was hoping and after walking around and down the longer section of my block going east then south down hill i was able to get to a spot where i was looking into a less lit area (though i was in a lit area)...

....and i saw them!!! The beyond words etheric wonderous beauty and symbolism of The Tribute In Lights. On a clean, clear night like this they say you can see them 60 mile out!

Still, seeing them from about 10 1/2 miles away...is impressive to me ! Sad & happy tears. They almost feel alive. The Towers and the People stretching towards Heavan.

While I may not always had the time/energy -esp once they moved them in the annual lighting from near right next to one corner of the WTC Site to much closer to the south end of Manhattan-- to get close to them- i've been down by the WTC Site.

This may be the first (or only 2nd) time I've not been down there at all on 9-11.

I went down either the first night or within the first week when they first set TTIL up. Then unless the weather was so bad because they were lit wevery night and shut at dawn until April '02.... I could see them when i came home at night or doing errands in the eve/night in my nabe back then.

I went there way late night 3AM or 4AM that last April night till when they shut them off in the dawn until they were re-set in Sept 11, 2002.

They remain *********Astounding********* in their Beauty, Elgelic Elegance and even Transcendent Hope .

Vey important that I could be "a part of it" in some fashion this year since it might have been too physically stressful to go down there.

:lol: i'm looking at the "demotivational" posteers that someone relinked to! there's lots i hadn't seen.

2 days ao i think i either came up with a good meme variety one or a new meme..... but i forgot it! :(

:waiting: *waits for further inspiration*

:D

First off: thanks and a :hug: to everyone from the last thread.
They've determined what's causing my mom's pain is in fact her actual nerve endings.... though the surgeon defended his taking out her gallbladder (which I find funny, because neither my dad or I brought it up).

But, they wanna keep her one more night. :grumpy: At least they let her eat.

IF anyone one who doesn't know my in Brooklyn/Manhattan 9-11 story which just a few of you now- wants to read it....it's on the lst pg of previous thread.

I'm just going to bring over what i saw last night.

Wow. Neat.

In other news: I approve of the new thread title. And, thank you for the eye candy. *needed that today* :shifty:

You're welcome, Tara :hug:. Glad to hear they've pinpointed the problem, though it sucks that she'll be there one more night. Are they going to do something specific to help her with the nerve endings stuff, some medication or whatever?

Yea, they gave her a specific medicine last week, and they decided they'll just up the dosage slowly until they find one that works. :doh:

It's nice to see Bono not on top for once. :wink:

:giggle:

:tsk:

:wink::giggle:

Yea, they gave her a specific medicine last week, and they decided they'll just up the dosage slowly until they find one that works. :doh:

Oy :crack:. That sounds familiar...

Good luck :hug:. I hope they can finally figure out the right dosage for her once and for all. Are there any other things they can look into, some sort of surgery or whatever (I don't know what all can be done about such a situation), that could be more of a long-term solution?

On a lighter note, ohhhh, the thoughts going through my mind upon reading Thora's post now :shifty:.

World Market (Cost Plus) is opening up here today and I'm so freaking excited that I'm going to drive all the way the heck out there right now. There's two locations and I'm in the middle of both so not sure which one I'm going to. They used to be here and I even worked at the one near my culinary school 5 years ago part time. That location was so busy we had a line 20 people deep every single day when I needed to close down and leave to get to school so I was usually late. Then they shut down all of their stores here when I lived in Phoenix. What I could never ever understand was the 2 WM locations I used to go to in Phoenix were always completely dead yet those stores stayed open and they completely left MN which was always so busy at all of their stores. But now they're back and most of their old spaces are still vacant so they're going back into 2 of their old locations. I'm really hoping they also go back to the one that's super close to me but I'll take what I can get. I'm so excited! There were so many things I wanted to buy in LA last winter but didn't have room in my luggage. Better get going. They open in 45 min :)

Oy :crack:. That sounds familiar...

Good luck :hug:. I hope they can finally figure out the right dosage for her once and for all. Are there any other things they can look into, some sort of surgery or whatever (I don't know what all can be done about such a situation), that could be more of a long-term solution?

On a lighter note, ohhhh, the thoughts going through my mind upon reading Thora's post now :shifty:.

Unfortunately, not.

And, yea, the thoughts brought on Thora's post are just.... nice. :shifty:

World Market (Cost Plus) is opening up here today and I'm so freaking excited that I'm going to drive all the way the heck out there right now. There's two locations and I'm in the middle of both so not sure which one I'm going to. They used to be here and I even worked at the one near my culinary school 5 years ago part time. That location was so busy we had a line 20 people deep every single day when I needed to close down and leave to get to school so I was usually late. Then they shut down all of their stores here when I lived in Phoenix. What I could never ever understand was the 2 WM locations I used to go to in Phoenix were always completely dead yet those stores stayed open and they completely left MN which was always so busy at all of their stores. But now they're back and most of their old spaces are still vacant so they're going back into 2 of their old locations. I'm really hoping they also go back to the one that's super close to me but I'll take what I can get. I'm so excited! There were so many things I wanted to buy in LA last winter but didn't have room in my luggage. Better get going. They open in 45 min :)

I miss World Market. I used to live near one in Albuquerque, but there wasn't one in Indiana (not where I lived, anyway) and there isn't one here that I know of....

They sold chocolate Flakes, and I really love those. :(

that was tons of fun...there was a huge line when I got there at 9:20. Everyone in line was so excited to have the store back. They had a ribbon cutting ceremony and then gave everyone a World Market bag that included our local magazine (which we already get in the mail) and some candy. I think I must have been in there for over an hour. It's a slightly different layout from when I worked there and I felt like they had less stuff but I really don't think any casual WM shoppers would have noticed. I just noticed because I used to be there for 5 hours a day 5 days a week. They had tons of little goodies to try and lots of different coffees too. I didn't see anything that I actually needed to buy right now since I'm not working much but I did buy some snacks and a few bottles of random beer. One thing I noticed was they don't sell a flavor of WM chips that my sister and I lived on when we lived together in Phoenix. But maybe that's a good thing! I bought pumpkin salsa :drool: Can't wait to try that later tonight.

Mmmm, candy :drool:.

If we're doing that list thing: chips. Sour cream and onion, ranch, and lately I've been really into these Doritos salsa-flavored chips...

Unfortunately, not.

And, yea, the thoughts brought on Thora's post are just.... nice. :shifty:

Darn. I'm sorry :hug:. Well, fingers crossed what they can manage to do works for her, then. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Very much so. I like the way Thora's mind works :D.

I miss World Market. I used to live near one in Albuquerque, but there wasn't one in Indiana (not where I lived, anyway) and there isn't one here that I know of....

They sold chocolate Flakes, and I really love those. :(

It's weirdly depressing when you can't buy your favorite foods somewhere anymore, isn't it? That's happened to my family a lot over the years-we always joke that we should stop liking certain foods so much, because the moment we do they stop making them or we wind up living in a place that doesn't sell them :lol:.

arw, that store sounds awesome! Glad you've finally got one near you again and found some good stuff there.

OMG....tonight started a new session of boot camp at the gym. Two kind of heavier gals signed up this time around. We were doing lighter workouts since it's a new session and one of them fell over during squats! :doh: My instructor always tells people to use a bench and sit during the squat if they're still not familiar with them but she chose to ignore that suggestion and ended up losing her balance and tipping over. :der: The class changed from being called "boot camp" to total body conditioning because they felt like too many people were intimidated by the boot camp name. Since they changed the name we get a lot of people in the class that just are not ready for this type of workout and regret paying to take it. It's one of the few classes you actually have to pay for so I don't know how they found their way into signing up for this stuff without doing the research about what it is. There's no way I'd pay for a class without going to a preview of it before. Anyways I felt bad for her but at the same time it took everything I had in me to not laugh at her. :reject:

Mmmm, candy :drool:.

If we're doing that list thing: chips. Sour cream and onion, ranch, and lately I've been really into these Doritos salsa-flavored chips...
Mmmm, chips.....

Darn. I'm sorry :hug:. Well, fingers crossed what they can manage to do works for her, then. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Very much so. I like the way Thora's mind works :D.
Yea, we're hoping so too.

Thora has awesome thoughts. :yes:

It's weirdly depressing when you can't buy your favorite foods somewhere anymore, isn't it? That's happened to my family a lot over the years-we always joke that we should stop liking certain foods so much, because the moment we do they stop making them or we wind up living in a place that doesn't sell them :lol:.

Exactly! I used to buy these flamin' hot Cheetos that were giant puffs in the shape of balls, and they were the best thing ever. But, they don't make them anymore because not enough people bought them. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom