PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays! - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAsi View Post
Wambulance is coming, can't still move :S

Hope you feel better soon, JJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2360 View Post
The Edun poem scarf is so pretty! I have one myself and it looks so good with my authentic Bono sunglasses! The Emporio Armani 9592's
Oh, I wish I could afford those! Those are so freaking awesome! I was lucky when I was able to buy the (RED) GAP trenchcoat, as it was on clearace for $79.

Stupid aunt stole it from me, another of my (RED) coats, and all except 2 of my (RED) t-shirts.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #122
The Fly

Local Time: 05:35 PM
^ I think they were only about $80, way less than normal. I just edited my post to include that I got them during Black Friday weekend haha, last pair!

Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
The Edun poem scarf is so pretty! I have one myself and it looks so good with my authentic Bono sunglasses! The Emporio Armani 9592's

Squats are a good exercise, but I can't do them much anymore because they kill my knees ouch.
I don't really do ....well.... my major exercise is walking, and in my newer nabe (once i'm better again) climbing 3 flights subway stairs and 7 blocks downhill , when i get a new boom box (my 5 CD Free-Cycle gotten changer is beginning to mess up....but i will open up and try to clean it first as a friend suggested. Still i need a boom box with a working 1 or 2 cassette tape player as well.... i dance in the house to R&R.

And when i find my handwriten and drawn tai chi instructions - i did one form of it consistentlyfor 5 years (?81 - 87) then another 5 years consistently with a different form (95 - 2000 ish) with some sporadic pieces of each in between those yrs i will really get back to it!

plus hopefully some weight training for upper back! actually i sometimes remember to use my quad cane (?3-4 lbs) dividing each set of reps in half so so i can switch the heavier & bigger quad part (4 legs) to the other hand/arm for even workout! I talked alot w my wonderful PT person in rehab and good one for the short-run @home PT about things i could do home for longer term bone and muscle strength over months and years.

i credit that (and some other stuff) to me being free of any chronic aches and pains. ...only when i really over do something do i experience pain/aches. Usually it goes away from a few mins or hours. Rarer a few days, and rarest longer term pain now off & on. Right now- pains at my elbow areas and some for arm in straigtening them or gripping stuff in my hands. blah.
The right one started a few days before i left rehab (late june) i think it was tripped off by me sometimes pulling my self in the wheelcheer using the railings on the walls there. And the left one started around 6 weeks later.... from using the cane, I'm sure.

So i massage it. I keep forgetting tho to get a reusable cold/hot pack! I do (I worry a little) mostly expect both to eventually be fine aain. One the rare occasions i've had these longer term problems they usually have resolved themselves in 3 - 6 ish months. One extra monkey-wrench is with me on temporary blood thinners a lot of phyto-nutrients provided in many fruits, including various berry yogurts, olive oil, several nuts, and most herbs & spices are not allowed.

The salicylates in all these items: Natural Asprin- originally discovered that North Eastern/Mid-Western Native Americans got it through i believe Willow-bark is a natural blood thinner. I eat greek, chinese, italian, indian, tex-mex, cali-mex, spanish/latino and some traditional 'merican dishes ost of it all chock-full of this stuff (and the many phytonuitrients)!

I haven't had much at all except some chinese since mid-May.

and don't do squats much... i should do some moderate ones once i'm all healed up. Deep squats -no- i have short achilles heels. I tend to fall over bacwards.

i just need to eat less of certain things and exercise more. I had been losing weight again before accident.

i do need to lose about 30 - 40 lbs at least ( depends on how much i weigh now) and another 10-15 would be best.

45 of my years have been in the middle-normal end, 2 sets
of 2+ yrs overweight one one early-mid 20's and middle-40's
and last 10 yrs <and heaviest at times>)
can i also say smallish hula-hoop!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

oh and yes....that Edun scarf is very pretty!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #124
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight

i have short achilles heels.
Where a lot of high heeled shoes do ya?

I wish you good luck getting back to that stuff and where you want to be.

Actually all this exercise talk is making me worry... I mostly do a hard-paced type of martial art (tai chi is slower or more about movement/body control, correct?) lots of kicking and jumping because of my level and physique, which is very hard on my knees and ankles (already very slightly tore something in my left ankle a year ago), add a stiff neck and iffy back and I shiver at what might happen to me later in life. It's a choice of doing something I enjoy and likely physically suffering at some point.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #125
Blue Crack Supplier

hi tara

JJ why couldn't those 100 drunken waxwings carry you home!??

you have someone keepin an eye on ya? either in person or by phone?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #126
War Child

JJ! Be healed, darnit! Is it back stuff?

A supported squat takes the pressure off your knees. My knees are trashed. Stupid weight plus years I worked on my feet all day plus doing step aerobics and stuff plus turning 40 all add up to knee issues.

Hi everybody!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #127
The Fly

Hi, U217

JJ, you alright?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Where a lot of high heeled shoes do ya?

I wish you good luck getting back to that stuff and where you want to be.

Actually all this exercise talk is making me worry... I mostly do a hard-paced type of martial art (tai chi is slower or more about movement/body control, correct?) lots of kicking and jumping because of my level and physique, which is very hard on my knees and ankles (already very slightly tore something in my left ankle a year ago), add a stiff neck and iffy back and I shiver at what might happen to me later in life. It's a choice of doing something I enjoy and likely physically suffering at some point.
thanks!

actually i hardly ever wore anything over ? 2 inches! and they were always "heavy" heels! No slinkly ones for me!

Why?
because i had wobbly ankles beyond that! even as a 12 yrs old + going ice skating i had to super lace, extra socks.... got my own b/c rented ones often were too loose!

after a year or so of my first tain chi and on going later too i have

Actually way stronger ankles than i ever had in my 20's - early 30's!

tai chi well there is the slow precision... for mindfulness & relaxation but there's more!

There's also excellent balancing work! You get a lot of dynamic balance training (what some esperts have begun to recognize) that we don't stand still too much as people in general - dynamic balance is all about ( i'm mostly sure) shifting weight, turning lifting and placing your leg/foot in another postion, many other positions which is what people do as they doing many regular tasks/activities, and with arm work over it you are also motor-nuerologically using your upper body in various positions- sometimes in oposites actions to your lower body.

In Some forms (or sections of forms) you do really deep wide dips and shift from one leg to the other while you're way down & then lift ypurself up. The ones I learned didn't have that part in it .

The second form i learned had some very obvious fighting motion/strikes with arms slowed down. And i think the first one had one big kick in it! tho it might have been 2nd. I'm trying to visualize where i was doing that one would tell me!

And parts of it move chi (life energy) for other health benifits.
There are specific Qui Gong exercises that may have proceeded tai chi- that tai chi grew out of too.

end of lesson//
Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #129
The Fly

That's really interesting! Thanks for the lesson Maybe I'll consider doing something like that when I can't do what I'm doing now.

When I think about it, a lot of martial arts have similar components. Being "martial" of course there's probably some sort of fighting moves involved. While most of my class focuses on traditional stuff (to the particular art), we do a little bit of other things here and there, like strength training, flexibility, balance, endurance, etc. What I think a lot of people don't immediately realize is that just because it's slow doesn't mean it's easy, going into positions like that can be really hard, and you have to know how to center your weight.

And those darn rented skates are always loose on me too! But I don't go enough to buy my own pair. I admire people who can ice skate lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hello. Drive by pop-in.

Speaking of falling in public.....my husband (granted at a tailgate since 10:30am drinking) wiped out BIG time while playing football. His left side is FUBAR.

my last public spill was in winter. It was a little icy and snowy - nothing that i have never walked OR run in before. My feet went out from under me and I was wearing a backpack. I was like a turtle trying to get up, but I was embarrassed.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:35 PM
I have not had to go to the doctor for myself for over 4 years now.

In other, less important news: The new episode of Wallander is on right now!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #132
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:35 PM
Pop in drive by.

In the middle of a TV show marathon. Trying to do both seasons of Haven before season 3 starts on Friday.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #133
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, and

Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #134
The Fly

That's officially one of my new favourite Bono pics! Thanks, Comet!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh and Gg! The next door neighbor had a garage sale this morning. I bought a bass for $20 (and a tiny amp and guitar stand for $15 more). So, the whole set up for $35.

I can't play, but oh well, it's a kinda pretty guitar and it will look cool sitting there.

How's your playing going these days?