PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear of your back woes, JJ! :( But hooray for drugs!

This afternoon I've been having an extremely frustrating email convo that's gone kinda like this:

Dude: We are coming to help on x day. Do you need help for y day?
Me: Great, looking forward to it! We don't need help on y day, but thanks! I'll let you know if we need help in the future.
Dude: x day is the day we usually help. Would another day be better?
Me: No, x day is perfect as you planned. If you would like to help over and above that date, please let me know.
Dude: What day works best for you?

:headdesk: :lol: I can see what he's getting at, but it's aggravating. This could go around in circles for ages. :lol:

Yes, the majority of tornadoes that happen around here are F0 or F1. 2011 had the most recorded since 2003, though I don't remember much about them happening, so I don't think they did much more damage than a thunderstorm, few downed branches or trees and power lines, nothing horrible to any buildings.
There was only one each year of '07, '08 and '09, but otherwise it seems 3 or 4 a year in my area is not uncommon (according to records on homefacts.com).
But I've never actually seen one myself.
And I hope it stays that way!
:)

I'll have to check that site out.

I as a bit of a weather geek, alone, a tornado would be on my science radar-screen.
But since up until reccently (and I looked it up last year) and I've spent all my ife in NYC and close to North New Jersry border -- they re rare even if a F0, F1.

And there also are- have the weather folks have been keepin a closer eye on?, better equipment on -- they'rve been called (?since the late 90's) [straightline] Microbursts: wind "bursts" that get to the speeds of a F0/F1 or a lower-level hurricane would put out.

I hear that! Hope I never really see one either!!!
One of my friends tho, who only lives about 1 1/2 miles Northeast of me..... oneof the storms we had in ?2010 that ended up southwest Conetticut ...she was looking out her window at the storm, looked up and saw the rotation in the clouds above her .

I never totally gotexactly what she meant before today this latest Tornado Watch-- as I suddenly rememebered some weeks back one of the TV weatherforcatsers was showing the intersection of the cold front hitting the hot weather in a way that starts to cause the roration up in the cloudmasses and get lower and start funneling down towards/to the ground.

Now I understand! :lol: :| :yikes:

Well another site also says that in my area the chance of a tornado is almost 30% higher than the national average, which I thought was weird because, again, I haven't seen any and don't remember hearing so many reports, and this isn't a huge area. Could be a fake site but who knows, or they could be microbursts/misreported.

I think I'd pass out if I saw rotating clouds! :lol:

:hug: Tara. What's up (if you wish to share)?

Well another site also says that in my area the chance of a tornado is almost 30% higher than the national average, which I thought was weird because, again, I haven't seen any and don't remember hearing so many reports, and this isn't a huge area. Could be a fake site but who knows, or they could be microbursts/misreported.

That's unsettling. Sometimes that stuff is misreported, yeah-vision is obstructed and what looks tornadic may not be, it may just be a low hanging cloud or something.

I don't know what my specific town's average is for tornadoes, but I know it's certainly likely (I live in Iowa). So far my town's been quite lucky over the years-we've had tornadoes on the outer edges of our town limits, but most of them haven't been very strong (one was just out in a cornfield throwing stalks around). And we've had tornado warnings, but no touchdowns in town itself.

But I continue to knock on wood come every spring regardless. One of the things that freaked me out the most about the massive tornado outbreak that occurred in the southern/southeastern U.S. last year-F4 and F5 tornadoes were hitting cities of around 50,000 people (Joplin, Missouri) and 200,000 plus people (Tuscaloosa, Alabama).

My town has around 30,000 people in it. So it was a frightening reminder that, yeah, we're as vulnerable as anyone else.

I think I'd pass out if I saw rotating clouds! :lol:

It's a pretty freaky sight. I have seen some ugly, ugly looking skies over the years...it ain't fun.

I can't seem to figure out what the national average is. According to a .gov site, my state has an average of 2 tornadoes per year, which is one of the lowest averages (can't find for just a certain town). Perhaps I misread the information. The site is city-data.com, which states "(town) is above the (state) average. It is greater than the overall U.S. average". I don't know what's normal for a single town, so maybe it is just that tornadoes happen to form in this part of the state more.
Sometimes looking at smaller parts makes the number seem bigger (if that makes sense). so my state as a whole gets very few tornadoes and my area is officially at a low risk, but assuming the estimate goes by towns or counties or something like that, it is possible to understand how my area has such a high percentage.

Or you can just ignore all of my meaningless rambling and tendency to do whatever possible to figure out any and all problems like this lol, it's what I do every day.

I remember all of those tornadoes last year!

Aw, Tara :( It's the worst when family (especial your parents) argues. But people argue, unfortunately... I hope it wasn't anything too big and that you all wake up with smiles for each other tomorrow :)

Sorry about that, Tara :hug:. Always a tough situation to deal with-hopefully things cool down soon and you have better days.

I can't seem to figure out what the national average is. According to a .gov site, my state has an average of 2 tornadoes per year, which is one of the lowest averages (can't find for just a certain town). Perhaps I misread the information. The site is city-data.com, which states "(town) is above the (state) average. It is greater than the overall U.S. average". I don't know what's normal for a single town, so maybe it is just that tornadoes happen to form in this part of the state more.
Sometimes looking at smaller parts makes the number seem bigger (if that makes sense). so my state as a whole gets very few tornadoes and my area is officially at a low risk, but assuming the estimate goes by towns or counties or something like that, it is possible to understand how my area has such a high percentage.

Or you can just ignore all of my meaningless rambling and tendency to do whatever possible to figure out any and all problems like this lol, it's what I do every day.

I remember all of those tornadoes last year!

LOL, no, hey, ramble away, I tend to like looking up stuff like that, too :D. It is good to be informed of what dangers you're likely to face most in your area-when I lived in Colorado a few years ago I had to start paying more attention to news of wildfires and see what the likelihood of my area being affected was.

Actually, probably the absolute biggest danger to where I live is floods. With my state being situated between two massive rivers, the Missouri and Mississippi, when those overflow it floods into the rivers here in Iowa and then spreads to the various towns and makes life miserable for everyone here. My area had some severe issues with that in 2008 (I thankfully wasn't here then, but my sister was, and she and a friend of mine who lives here said that our whole town was pretty much shut down, it was so bad). But for some reason I'm more concerned about tornadoes anyway.

Yeah. That was a horrific situation, I honestly can't imagine what it was like for people living down there. It's just crazy how destructive and violent so many of those storms were, and the death toll was disturbingly high for our supposedly updated, alert-ready, tech-savvy society. Thank goodness outbreaks like that are generally pretty rare.

:hug: to Dazz.

twinkling toes, never been this fun

Back op done, 2 discs were slipped and lower one had broken some bone from some spine shit :-D

Doctor asked if I were in accident, said no, picking berries :D

Aw, Tara :( It's the worst when family (especial your parents) argues. But people argue, unfortunately... I hope it wasn't anything too big and that you all wake up with smiles for each other tomorrow :)

I know; it's just hard because they were getting along (for once), and then this..

:hug:

i forget, sorry, do they generally get along?

Not the past 2 years. Before that, they were generally like every other married couple.

Sorry about that, Tara :hug:. Always a tough situation to deal with-hopefully things cool down soon and you have better days.

:hug:

twinkling toes, never been this fun

Back op done, 2 discs were slipped and lower one had broken some bone from some spine shit :-D

Glad they got it fixed, JJ. :D

Yeah,doesn't need much.My boss has a very bad back and he has to be extra careful.Once he managed to half paralyze himself for two weeks just putting boots on.

Yay for lunch breaks :lol:

Only 2 days rest, JJ? I feel like it would be more, but I know nothing about that stuff so... Hope the recovery goes smoothly.

@Moonlit_Angel: Guess there's one small upside to the drought then, less flooding! But then when it does rain, doesn't the ground get, in a sense, overwhelmed with water, so some flooding does occur? I'm curious but unsure haha. I imagine the rivers haven't gotten too high this year, or I haven't heard about much flooding anywhere lately anyway, besides from the one hurricane a couple weeks ago.

:( :hug:

I remember my mom saying how she and my dad rarely fought until I then my sis got to the teenage years.

For my parents, they fought (both of them being as stubborn as they are, it's only expected), but it got worse when we moved to Indiana, and then it started getting better, then my dad got hurt in 2010 and life has been basically one constant battle since.

Bu lately, it seems like they were getting along a bit better, then last night happened. :(

full recovery is alot longer, here they kick you out of hospital asap as recovery at home is faster, in hospital you would just lay down :D

Slow walking at Friday but no sitting for now

Trying to catch up...
Thora is following Wet Edge around town.
JJ had back surgery - here's hoping for a speedy and pain-free recovery
Tara's parents are fighting :sad: sorry - I hate when my husband and I fight around our little guy - we try not to but sometimes it happens. I can tell it bothers him.
DG did a drive by
U2320 (new around here? :wave: ) is going to wind up in Oz if she's not careful?
Is that about it?

Gym update... for those of you who remember TBE (TallBuffEdge)... I don't think he goes to my gym anymore. So sad. :sad:

:lmao: I don't want to wind up in Oz! Liked the movie when I was a kid, find it creepy now haha. Hey, maybe that's where the tornado fear came from!

You know how the words "wet" and "Edge" together are dangerous for me?!?:D

:shifty:

wetedge.jpg

:p

:wink:

u2shirtlessactungbaby.jpg

u2newyearsday2004oceanshirtless.jpg

Better? :sexywink:

I'm off to Vegas. :wave:

Program I was using crashed three times in one half hour :angry: Could be Vista or I don't have enough RAM or a bad CPU or whatever, either way, it's annoying.

full recovery is alot longer, here they kick you out of hospital asap as recovery at home is faster, in hospital you would just lay down :D

Slow walking at Friday but no sitting for now

How are you going to mange the "no sitting" thing? :ohmy:

Trying to catch up...
Thora is following Wet Edge around town.
JJ had back surgery - here's hoping for a speedy and pain-free recovery
Tara's parents are fighting :sad: sorry - I hate when my husband and I fight around our little guy - we try not to but sometimes it happens. I can tell it bothers him.
DG did a drive by
U2320 (new around here? :wave: ) is going to wind up in Oz if she's not careful?
Is that about it?

Gym update... for those of you who remember TBE (TallBuffEdge)... I don't think he goes to my gym anymore. So sad. :sad:
:wave:

It'll pass, eventually.... I hope.

TBE no longer goes to your gym? :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom